Atlantis Nassau excursions?

80sGal

Anyone seeing Atlantis options for upcoming Nassau trips?  I'm pretty sure they used to be on the list but I'm not seeing any for January '22 cruise.  There are plenty of other options though.  Is the resort closed? Or not contracting with Carnival anymore?   Last time we went on our own and really liked it but could not enjoy all the resort had to offer because we weren't booked for a specific trip.   Was hoping for better luck on Round Two this time.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80sGal said:

Anyone seeing Atlantis options for upcoming Nassau trips?  I'm pretty sure they used to be on the list but I'm not seeing any for January '22 cruise.  There are plenty of other options though.  Is the resort closed? Or not contracting with Carnival anymore?   Last time we went on our own and really liked it but could not enjoy all the resort had to offer because we weren't booked for a specific trip.   Was hoping for better luck on Round Two this time.   

Stay on the ship and enjoy what she has to offer while others go ashore. 

Nassau is the second worst port after Freeport in all of the Caribbean and the Bahamas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Atlantis excursions showing for our September cruise.  Doesn't matter though, we will likely stay on the ship there.  Been to Nassau several times and not really a fan anymore.

• Thanks 1

Don't need an excursion to Atlantis.

Walk off boat, follow crowds to taxi or water taxi (will need short walk) and buy a day pass when you get there or in advance.

Get home same way

• Thanks 1

For me, Atlantis is the only thing worth doing in Nassau.  It's a wonderful resort, clean, classy, and with  nice water park and aquarium areas.  It's an expensive excursion, but definitely worth it for someone who has never been there.  We once vacationed there for several days and had a great time.  I think the negative for people is that it is an expensive excursion.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Don't need an excursion to Atlantis.

Walk off boat, follow crowds to taxi or water taxi (will need short walk) and buy a day pass when you get there or in advance.

Get home same way

That’s true. Now it is a good hike from where the water shuttle drops you off. But for anyone interested in taking the water shuttle route I have information on that here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe I've read of families just booking a room there for the night of the port day.  They check-in, get full use of the resort, and even head up to their room for a shower and change before heading back to the ship. And it comes out cheaper than the excursion.  Not sure of the specifics, but it may be something to look into.

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Stay on the ship and enjoy what she has to offer while others go ashore. 

Nassau is the second worst port after Freeport in all of the Caribbean and the Bahamas.

Nassau maybe (although it has interesting places), but Paradise island is very safe. Beaches like Cabbage beach, Atlantis itself.

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

There's a couple smaller hotels across street like a comfort inn or something where 2 water park passes are included, and it's like $75 or something

Try well over 200 including taxes and daily fees and that is only on certain dates for the rest of 2021.

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Try well over 200 including taxes and daily fees and that is only on certain dates for the rest of 2021.

Over $400 for Comfort Inn in January 2022 😞  Atlantis resort itself requires a 2 night stay so no deal there as well 😞

There used to be several ways to do atlantis, through the cruise line, but a pass through a third part vendor, buy a pass directly from atlantis, or reserve a room at comfort suites. You have to check your dates and do the math to find the cheapest option (we’ve done it twice, once though NCL and the other though CS). We’ve always had a fun day at this stop, had fun with day passes to Melia and RIU as well.

Does anyone know the cost of a day pass right now, I wasnt able to click on the day pass link on their site?  Also, is there still a concern of them selling out if you dont buy thru the cruise line?  And if you do buy thru the cruise line does it include transportation? 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, petuniaflower said:

Does anyone know the cost of a day pass right now, I wasnt able to click on the day pass link on their site?  Also, is there still a concern of them selling out if you dont buy thru the cruise line?  And if you do buy thru the cruise line does it include transportation? 

on the Atlantis website the AquaAdventure (waterpark) is $175 pp adult and $85 for child. 

• Like 1