Jump to content

Carnival Share OBC


 Share

Recommended Posts

We are due to cruise on Brittania in September.  I contacted Hargreaves Lansdown where my share certicicates are lodged, they took down details of our cruise and stated they would inform P & O.

 

A week later I have not heard any acknowledgement from P & O.  Is this normal or should I contact them directly.  It's not a great deal but we would not want to miss out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I would do it yourself or recontact HL

Just log in to your account at HL , Access your fund share account showing the amount of shares, your name and date, cross out your client number and email a copy of it to  : shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

together with your name, cruise details and dates

 

They are talking a long time to deal, like most other companies with delays blaming Covid.

 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

 

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

 

 

Edited by LifeonMars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Not normally I have never had shareholder OBC refused by P&O/Cunard or Princess after many cruises but the recent one by Cunard which was refused is understandable. It does clearly state in their T&Cs on which fares OBC will not be applied.

 

It does show , the following, 

and discounted fares is only mentioned in the Carnival, Corp and PLC link, but shown as days, whereas UK shown as nights ! 

*Shareholder benefit will not be granted if your booking is booked through as Friends and Family offer, TIS (Travel Industry Services) or a complimentary booking. All other fares types are currently combinable with shareholder benefits.

Sharholder benefits need to be applied no later than three weeks prior to sail date. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone travelling on a staff reduced rates, Travel Industry rates, or on a complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. All other fares types, including any on board spending money benefits are currently combinable with shareholder benefits. It is non refundable/transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash on any of our facilities.

 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. This benefit is not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash and, cannot be used for casino credits/charges and gratuities charged to your onboard account. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2022.

 

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Edited by LifeonMars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Charleyben said:

Thanks lifeonMars.  The reason I didn't do a screenshot of my share account is that it does not include my name.  I could be sending details of anyone's share account.

 

If you look towards the bottom of your account page on the right you have the option to select , print page, PDF version, download and Table key. Select pdf version, it will open in a new window and will show your name, client number and date. remove, edit your client number and screen shoot that .

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 11.17.09.png

Edited by LifeonMars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed P&O with my ref no last week, got an email this morning saying OBC was now on my account. I am sure that at some stage in the distant past you had to pay the final balance before the shares OBC could be added? We have never been refused shares OBC on any Carnival line cruise regardless of any other offer that we had booked under.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Charleyben said:

We are due to cruise on Brittania in September.  I contacted Hargreaves Lansdown where my share certicicates are lodged, they took down details of our cruise and stated they would inform P & O.

 

A week later I have not heard any acknowledgement from P & O.  Is this normal or should I contact them directly.  It's not a great deal but we would not want to miss out. Any advice would be appreciated.

I asked ii on 7th July to request my shareholder benefit, after chasing them up yesterday they have advised their request only went out on 19th July. I used to get far better service from the Share Centre, I have to hope it will improve in future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

 

It does show , the following, 

and discounted fares is only mentioned in the Carnival, Corp and PLC link, but shown as days, whereas UK shown as nights ! 

 

As on the other thread, no difference between days or nights between brands.  All the same benefit entitlement.

Edited by jaydee6969
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

 

As on the other thread, no difference between days or nights between brands.  All the same benefit entitlement.

There is a difference. P&O cruises (and others) quote fares based on number of nights. For the shareholder benefit, this is based on the number of days which is always one more. Normally you don’t see any difference except at the margins. For example a 13 night cruise is 14 days for shareholder benefits so you jump up to the £150 band.

Brian

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, yorkshirephil said:

I emailed P&O with my ref no last week, got an email this morning saying OBC was now on my account. I am sure that at some stage in the distant past you had to pay the final balance before the shares OBC could be added? We have never been refused shares OBC on any Carnival line cruise regardless of any other offer that we had booked under.

Same here but they would only give it on cruises before 31July 2022 because they have to wait for the annual report to come out in March 22

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 10:06 AM, suekay said:

Thanks all. I'll apply now instead of waiting til balance is paid

I did apply and heard within days that the obc had been applied to my cruise. Apologies for the delay in thanking everyone......some thieving towrag broke into my house, took the car keys and stole my car last week, so I've been a bit pre-occupied

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, suekay said:

I did apply and heard within days that the obc had been applied to my cruise. Apologies for the delay in thanking everyone......some thieving towrag broke into my house, took the car keys and stole my car last week, so I've been a bit pre-occupied

Well, that's a bummer!  The share holder credit would be the least of your worries! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, tring said:

Can someone please remind me how long before a cruise we can apply for share benefit?  We are on a Princess cruise departing 22nd October this year and have just paid the balance.  Is it too early to apply yet?  

fax it asap, but my experience was prior to 'rona.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, marne001 said:

fax it asap, but my experience was prior to 'rona.

We are on that cruise and have already applied for, and received the shareholder obc. We also have the obc for our March 2022 cruise on Arcadia.

But use email. No one uses a fax these days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, marne001 said:

fax it asap, but my experience was prior to 'rona.

 

Thank you.  It is a Princess cruise for late October I was thinking about.  We applied earlier this month and it was credited six days later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, LifeonMars said:

 

If you look towards the bottom of your account page on the right you have the option to select , print page, PDF version, download and Table key. Select pdf version, it will open in a new window and will show your name, client number and date. remove, edit your client number and screen shoot that .

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 11.17.09.png


Thanks for this I did as you suggested and OBC has now been credited 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...