Jewel of the Seas sets sail out of Cyprus today

1 hour ago, Kbonner said:

Is the 2-day cruise a test cruise with selected passengers?

Today, Jewel of the Seas sailed on a 2-night shakedown from Limassol, Cyprus ahead of her inaugural cruise on Saturday, July 10 that marks the start of our 7-night itineraries to the sun-soaked Greek Isles. Jewel will sail with fully vaccinated crew and guests 18 years of age and older, along with children under 18 who are ineligible for the vaccine.  Testing protocols are required for all guests.

as per Michael Bailey on Fb 

Edited by little britain

Due to sail on the jewel in September (fingers crossed ). I hear Cyprus has put the UK on its red list with extra testing requirements even if you’re double jabbed. Hopefully it’s all sorted soon! Not looking good at the moment with all the positive cases but trying to be optimistic 😀

5 hours ago, sugarray1955 said:

We live in Cyprus and have booked for the cruise on Sep 25th, just hope everything goes to plan with the cruises before.

It is a real problem for us to fly into Cyprus right now.  We do not want to have a layover in the UK.

We looked at the Jewel in September but air from the US is very challenging.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:13 AM, gardenfrog said:

Due to sail on the jewel in September (fingers crossed ). I hear Cyprus has put the UK on its red list with extra testing requirements even if you’re double jabbed. Hopefully it’s all sorted soon! Not looking good at the moment with all the positive cases but trying to be optimistic 😀

The Cyprus government advice states: "Travellers who can prove that they have received all necessary doses of an authorised vaccine will not be required to undergo any tests to visit Cyprus, irrespective of colour-categorisation of their country of departure."

• Like 1

Hi I have worked out that each adult will need 4 COVID tests all together for this cruise if coming from the uk. A pre departure test, another when you arrive in Cyprus, one just before cruise ends and a day 2 test. The pre departure is what our government is making you do before you leave. Or have I got this all wrong?? 

41 minutes ago, gardenfrog said:

Hi I have worked out that each adult will need 4 COVID tests all together for this cruise if coming from the uk. A pre departure test, another when you arrive in Cyprus, one just before cruise ends and a day 2 test. The pre departure is what our government is making you do before you leave. Or have I got this all wrong?? 

As I understand it:  No you don’t need anything before you go if you’re double jabbed.  No test on arrival in Cyprus unless you’re picked for random testing.  RCI will do the one on board for free so you’ll just need to have the one 2 days after returning.  I’m not sure if that’s a pay 💰 one or whether the free NHS ones will suffice ? 

The original press releases were very badly worded and it did say “test 3 days before departure “ but what it actually meant was “test 3 days before you return”!

Edited by little britain

I still think you need a test when you arrive even if your double jabbed. I’m not sure if it’s at the airport or cruise terminal. Then you have to wait for results,  I’m sure I saw this on RC website. I hope I’m wrong

17 minutes ago, gardenfrog said:

I still think you need a test when you arrive even if your double jabbed. I’m not sure if it’s at the airport or cruise terminal. Then you have to wait for results,  I’m sure I saw this on RC website. I hope I’m wrong

Oh yeah… but it’s free

Boarding Day In Cyprus

• All guests aged 2 and older must take a complimentary rapid antigen test at the terminal in Limassol and receive a negative result in order to sail. We will email instructions on how to register in advance approximately 14-18 days before your cruise.