Vaccine Exemption Question

How far out can you submit for a vaccine exemption?  I am booked for the Magic 10/7/21.  When I complete the form it gives me an error that I am not eligible for waitlist.  Thank you in advance.

Go see your regular physician.  Get something in writing from him/her that explains why you need to be exempt (had COVID in past 12 months/ pre-conditions that have had bad reactions to vaccine in others, etc.).  Otherwise, just get the shot.  Especially if you are over 60, or have premorbid ailments like high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tiffy0728 said:

I really hope vaccines aren't a requirement come February of next year

Same here and I will be spending my money first with whoever drops the vaccine and testing requirements sailing from Florida. People on Cruise Critic always claiming how they will not sail with unvaccinated. Of course you will and it is inevitable. The vaccine will not be required a year from now, it is just a matter of when it gets dropped at this point. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Same here and I will be spending my money first with whoever drops the vaccine and testing requirements sailing from Florida. People on Cruise Critic always claiming how they will not sail with unvaccinated. Of course you will and it is inevitable. The vaccine will not be required a year from now, it is just a matter of when it gets dropped at this point. 

The better statement is you will drop money to whatever cruise line drops vaccine and testing requirements AND won't put a ship in quarantine. 🙂

I don't care about your own personal preference as to whether or not you want a vaccine. i care about having an enjoyable cruise and not worrying about the cruise ending early, etc.

I'm just eduacated and realistic enough to know that RIGHT NOW vaccines are required.

We all want to know when cruising will go back to normal but most of us aren't willing to wait that long.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CorrieCJ said:

My cruise is now 30 days out and I haven't heard yet. I was told first week in July for Aug 7 sailing... I'm on pins and needles. 

I mean there are people sailing on Saturday/Sunday that have yet to hear anything. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, lstockford said:

How far out can you submit for a vaccine exemption?  I am booked for the Magic 10/7/21.  When I complete the form it gives me an error that I am not eligible for waitlist.  Thank you in advance.

What link are you using where you are still able to access/fill out the form even? The links I have seen take you automatically to a message about capacity controls. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

What link are you using where you are still able to access/fill out the form even? The links I have seen take you automatically to a message about capacity controls. 

Carnival sent out emails with links to the exemption form for sailings that require vaccinations. On my sailing we only had a few days to fill it out before the link was deactivated and at that time no more requests were accepted.

Edited by lobster1313

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

The first cruise line that drops vaccine requirements and has an  outbreak will be the first cruise line going out of business

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Carnival sent out emails with links to the exemption form for sailings that require vaccinations. On my sailing we only had a few days to fill it out before the link was deactivated and at that time no more requests were accepted.

The OP says "When I complete the form it gives me an error that I am not eligible for waitlist." This would indicate that there is some sort of way to access that information outside of the e-mail that you have described. Other links that were shared here don't seem to be active anymore, as you stated. 

Just now, memoak said:

The first cruise line that drops vaccine requirements and has an  outbreak will be the first cruise line going out of business

Very well could be especially with the mega amount of bad press that would plaster the daily news. Those who refuse to vaccinate and demand sail couldn't care less and/or do not realize this. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tm_aw_love said:

The OP says "When I complete the form it gives me an error that I am not eligible for waitlist." This would indicate that there is some sort of way to access that information outside of the e-mail that you have described. Other links that were shared here don't seem to be active anymore, as you stated. 

Not eligible means it's not available for that sailing.  We had people on my Horizon sailing who didn't see the email and missed the deadline so they were denied the exemption. They were told there was no way to access the form.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We aren't cruising until March of 2022  and  haven't paid in full yet.  If I understand the procedure for applying for exemption correctly,  the members of our family who will be applying for exemption can't do so until two things happen: the cruise is paid in full and the email with the exemption form is sent, which won't happen until the cruised is paid up.  Is that correct?  

Edited by Silent Penguin
spelling

3 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

We aren't cruising until March of 2022, and  haven't paid in full yet.  If I understand the procedure for applying for exemption correctly,  the members of our family who will be applying for exemption can't do so until two things happen: the cruise is paid in full after which time the email with the exemption form will be sent.  Is that correct?  

It will really depend on the protocols in place next march.  Even if you are paid in full, right now the emails are not going out very far in advance.  They are only looking at July and August cruises right now.  I cruise in September, and understand that I will have no idea what the actual protocols will be until a few weeks before the cruise, if then.  

Hi, Yall!

The extended family is planning a after Christmas cruise for Dec 26.  The entire family is vaccinated except for one who is 11.  

Here is were we need advice from those of you that have either cruise with youngins or plan on doing so soon. The carnival mardi gras is sailing on Sunday Dec 26 and the rule says we need the little one tested inside a 72 hour window, which makes it Thursday morning Dec 23. I pretty sure Christmas day is a wash for getting results back so we would need them back in less than 36 hours, i.e.  sometime Christmas eve.  Is that at all possible???  Is there some magical place that we could get that fast a turn around?  Thanks 

1 minute ago, Silent Penguin said:

We aren't cruising until March of 2022, and  haven't paid in full yet.  If I understand the procedure for applying for exemption correctly,  the members of our family who will be applying for exemption can't do so until two things happen: the cruise is paid in full after which time the email with the exemption form will be sent.  Is that correct?  

No. The protocols being announced is the first thing that must happen and right now that's just through October.

Just now, MrMarc said:

It will really depend on the protocols in place next march.  Even if you are paid in full, right now the emails are not going out very far in advance.  They are only looking at July and August cruises right now.  I cruise in September, and understand that I will have no idea what the actual protocols will be until a few weeks before the cruise, if then.  

The protocols are through October.