Jump to content

Have It All Promos


Recommended Posts

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get their dining and shore excursion promos to be taken off your cart total?  I know they were supposed to be active today and I see them listed at the top of my shopping cart under the title "PROMO_BANNER_TITLE PC_DINING_ADVISORY" but the discounts do not apply to the items (dining reservation and a shore excursion) in my cart.  Any advice on how to get them to work so I can avoid calling and waiting on hold for ages tomorrow?  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dining for my December sailing says "These items are unavailable for booking at this time.  Please check back later."

 

I tried putting an excursion in my cart and no discount was applied but I didn't expect it to since the Have It All that I booked under didn't include a shore ex credit (mine was dining, drinks, tips, internet).

 

With everything HAL and IT (well, with most every line I book with), sometimes you just have to wait until they get it straightened out.  Or, yes, sit on hold forever to get someone.

 

Can a PCC or TA handle it, assuming you didn't book directly yourself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The shore excursion discount showed up and automatically applied.  For the dining discount, I figured out that there was a drop down when I was adding it to my cart and I had to select to apply my discount.  So looks like it's working now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

I called because I could not book a specialty restaurant and was told that it has to be done once you are boarded

Not true.  I was able to book mine this morning online for our Aug 21st cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

Not true.  I was able to book mine this morning online for our Aug 21st cruise.

All I can tell you is for my October Caribbean cruise, I am unable to book a specialty dining online. This is what I was told when I called to try and book it through HAL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

All I can tell you is for my October Caribbean cruise, I am unable to book a specialty dining online. This is what I was told when I called to try and book it through HAL

It may be too early for your cruise.  If you the "Have it all" promotion, the specialty dining and $100 off shore excursion will show up on your planner.  Ours just became active today.  If you don't have the promotion, the rules may be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

It may be too early for your cruise.  If you the "Have it all" promotion, the specialty dining and $100 off shore excursion will show up on your planner.  Ours just became active today.  If you don't have the promotion, the rules may be different.

Just a thought but it will be pretty crowded in the Pinnacle between all the 3, 4, (they get discounts) and 5 Star (they get two meals per cruise) and all the folks with the Have it All promo.   Speaking of the Pinnacle we are among those that actually prefer it for lunch (it is open on some sea days) then dinner.

 

Hank

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

It may be too early for your cruise.  If you the "Have it all" promotion, the specialty dining and $100 off shore excursion will show up on your planner.  Ours just became active today.  If you don't have the promotion, the rules may be different.

Don’t have the promo. This is a free casino cruise, so the rules may be different

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are trying to book shore excursions today with your Have It All Promotion HAL had a problem where they were giving $100 off every tour and took it down.  I was told it should be back on their website later today or tomorrow morning.

I booked my specialty dining and had no problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cabinluvn said:

I called because I could not book a specialty restaurant and was told that it has to be done once you are boarded

This is not true I just booked two specialty dining that were free. You have to click on the right box.when the white opo up box come on when you want to book you have to click on "Use Complimentary Dining" then click on those that are using it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to successfully “purchase” our free dinner with the promotion.  Encouraged by that success I cancelled one of the excursions we had booked, there were still seats available.  I couldn’t get the credit.  I called the excursion number and after a ten minute hold was pushed to reservations who promptly told me that he couldn’t help.  He did tell me that there is a bug and IT was working on it.  My options were to get in line again or try later.  Since dinner was ready we will try later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I was able to successfully “purchase” our free dinner with the promotion.  Encouraged by that success I cancelled one of the excursions we had booked, there were still seats available.  I couldn’t get the credit.  I called the excursion number and after a ten minute hold was pushed to reservations who promptly told me that he couldn’t help.  He did tell me that there is a bug and IT was working on it.  My options were to get in line again or try later.  Since dinner was ready we will try later.

I cancelled one excursion we had booked before the credit was available.  Then rebooked and the credit was automatically applied.  You do have to wait a few minutes between.  I may have actually left the website and gone back in.  It takes a few minutes for the cancellation to filter through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

I cancelled one excursion we had booked before the credit was available.  Then rebooked and the credit was automatically applied.  You do have to wait a few minutes between.  I may have actually left the website and gone back in.  It takes a few minutes for the cancellation to filter through.

I did try again after dinner and I still couldn't get the credit.  I even tried a port where we didn't book anything and the credit would not appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I called today, because I cleared the waitlist for the shore excursion I wanted. The agent answering could not get our credit to apply so transferred me to a shore excursion specialist who also could not get the credit to apply. So to not lose the sold out excursion I paid in full and she informed me that onboard they would credit my account. Hopefully the credit will apply to anything charged to my account, like the daily service charges. We have "have it all" and Club Orange,  and doubt we will book any other excursions, so the account won't have much charged to it. They also tell me to wait until next week to use the Have it All dining credit, as it will not apply dining credits either. Ugh, it's 20 days after the credits were to be available (the t&c said by July 7) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you spend less than your shore excursion credit (from the Have It All Promo), does the remainder go as credit to your account?

I have $100 (x 3 since there are 3 of us) and am considering an excursion priced at $89.95 per person.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

Does anyone know if you spend less than your shore excursion credit (from the Have It All Promo), does the remainder go as credit to your account?

I have $100 (x 3 since there are 3 of us) and am considering an excursion priced at $89.95 per person.

Thanks

No; it is UP TO $100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Lindancer  - Not according to this....  sorry.

 

  • Prices shown already reflect the savings offered, no additional discounts will apply.
  • Guests can choose one shore excursion (up to $100 value) or apply $100 off any one tour.
  • Tour value in US dollars.
  • If excursion chosen has a value of less than $100, guests will not receive a credit of remaining value.
  • Shore excursion offer will be available to book pre-cruise by August 29, 2021 or may be booked onboard.
  • If the guest or Holland America cancels a pre-cruise tour reservation (more than 3 days prior to the cruise departure), Holland America will automatically re-issue the promotional Shore Excursion credit to be used toward another tour selection.
  • If a shore excursion (with the promotional credit applied) is cancelled on board before the published deadline, the guest will be refunded any amount paid, and the promotional credit will be issued back in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit, to be used toward another tour.
  • Shore excursion credit under this promotion is non-transferable to other guests or bookings.
Edited by julia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All,

I tried to book my specialty dining promo without success.  It must be operator error!  Can someone provide the specific steps used to book the dining promotion?  Your assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

PS. I could not follow the steps/procedures in this thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don’t cruise until June, 2022.  The dining credits show but it says they are not currently available for use.  I know we’re a long way out, but does anyone have any idea when we will be able to make specialty dinner reservations?  Also, when are “gala” nights on a seven day journey?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got off of the phone with a very pleasant HAL consultant.  She told me I cannot book specialty dining until 60 days before cruise departure! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was able to book an excursion and my HIA credit was applied at checkout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, julia said:

@Lindancer  - Not according to this....  sorry.

 

  • Prices shown already reflect the savings offered, no additional discounts will apply.
  • Guests can choose one shore excursion (up to $100 value) or apply $100 off any one tour.
  • Tour value in US dollars.
  • If excursion chosen has a value of less than $100, guests will not receive a credit of remaining value.
  • Shore excursion offer will be available to book pre-cruise by August 29, 2021 or may be booked onboard.
  • If the guest or Holland America cancels a pre-cruise tour reservation (more than 3 days prior to the cruise departure), Holland America will automatically re-issue the promotional Shore Excursion credit to be used toward another tour selection.
  • If a shore excursion (with the promotional credit applied) is cancelled on board before the published deadline, the guest will be refunded any amount paid, and the promotional credit will be issued back in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit, to be used toward another tour.
  • Shore excursion credit under this promotion is non-transferable to other guests or bookings.

Thanks.  I guess it's what I expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...