Quarantine in UK prior to getting on September cruise on the Regal Princess out of Southampton

gvre

I received this encouraging email from GOV.UK email today:

Entering England during coronavirus

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

Page summary:
Countries rated as red, amber or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England. 

Change made:
From 2 August, people who have been fully vaccinated in many European countries or the USA will not need to quarantine on arrival in England or take a day 8 test. 

Time updated:
2:44pm, 28 July 2021

1 hour ago, caribill said:

What if your cruise leaves after just one day in the UK?

Before arrival in the UK, you have to fill in a passenger locator document, showing that you have pre-booked a test, complete with reference number. If you cannot supply this information you will not be allowed to board the aircraft to fly to the UK. 

I assume any cruise line would want to see the result of this test before allowing you to board.

Edited by wowzz

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Before arrival in the UK, you have to fill in a passenger locator document, showing that you have pre-booked a test, complete with reference number. If you cannot supply this information you will not be allowed to board the aircraft to fly to the UK. 

I assume any cruise line would want to see the result of this test before allowing you to board.

In addition to the above you need to take a PCR test within Two days of arrival in the U.K.! You can get this done on arrival  at the airport but this is expensive. I personally thinking that allowing on day in The U.K. is too short to allow the required testing. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
9 minutes ago, rkhtex said:

We applied to Princess to board the ship in Cherbourg.  Problem solved.

I assume then that you will be leaving the ship also at Cherbourg? Otherwise you may have to quarantine on return to the UK.

Guest Snaxmuppet

I must say that I don't understand how anyone will be able to arrive in the UK to take a cruise from the USA. At the moment, anyone arriving from the USA has to self-isolate and take a PCR test on day 2. Just where will people self-isolate? I can't imagine that many hotels will allow anyone arriving from the USA to stay until they have had the result of their PCR test? Am I wrong? Also, while self-isolating you wouldn't be able to take public transport, take a taxi, shop for food, visit friend/family (nor them visit you)... it seems a high price to pay just for a cruise. You can't even use public transport or get a taxi to the hotel!

Would anyone want to do that for a cruise?

Edited by Snaxmuppet

6 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I assume then that you will be leaving the ship also at Cherbourg? Otherwise you may have to quarantine on return to the UK.

We're not returning to the UK.  Getting off in Ft. Lauderdale.

Princess Cruise Line have sent me a Booking Notification (ex-Southampton UK Late October 2021) with the following message headline:

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

Please be advised that all guests 18 years and above on this voyage will be required to have completed their COVID-19 vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing.  All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing OR will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel.  All guests will ALSO require a negative COVID-19 test at the terminal.  The PCR test and COVID-19 test at the terminal will be provided on a complimentary basis.  This vaccination and testing policy will be reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve.

Guests will be required to show proof of vaccination status at the terminal prior to boarding.

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

This information is not about entering the UK but boarding the ship and I hope it is useful.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

And I thought the situation in France was worse particularly with regard the the Beta variant!

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I must say that I don't understand how anyone will be able to arrive in the UK to take a cruise from the USA. At the moment, anyone arriving from the USA has to self-isolate and take a PCR test on day 2. Just where will people self-isolate? I can't imagine that many hotels will allow anyone arriving from the USA to stay until they have had the result of their PCR test? Am I wrong? Also, while self-isolating you wouldn't be able to take public transport, take a taxi, shop for food, visit friend/family (nor them visit you)... it seems a high price to pay just for a cruise. You can't even use public transport or get a taxi to the hotel!

Would anyone want to do that for a cruise?

Not sure where the "self-isolate" provision is coming from? Everything that I have seen this week, regarding opening the UK up to USA travelers, simply references: pre arrival negative test, proof of vaccination and post arrival test by day 2.  Please supply a reference for any other info.

Thanks

Guest Snaxmuppet
53 minutes ago, Croooser said:

Not sure where the "self-isolate" provision is coming from? Everything that I have seen this week, regarding opening the UK up to USA travelers, simply references: pre arrival negative test, proof of vaccination and post arrival test by day 2.  Please supply a reference for any other info.

Thanks

No, you are right... The need to isolate is now gone from 2nd August if fully vaccinated. It is difficult keeping up with all the changes. Apologies 🙂

13 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

No, you are right... The need to isolate is now gone from 2nd August if fully vaccinated. It is difficult keeping up with all the changes. Apologies 🙂

No worries. You definitely need a scorecard to keep track.😧