The Daily for Wednesday Jul 07, 2021

Today is Chocolate Day, Global Forgiveness Day, and Father Daughter Take a Walk Together Day

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster. - Clint Eastwood"

Meal suggestion for today - Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers

Drink of the Day - Clover Club

Wine of the day - Vignobles Brumont 2016 Château Bouscassé (Madiran) Southwest France

Destination of the Day - Bridgetown Barbados

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination Los Angeles eta 7/6

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stiffup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Koningsdam
Westerdam Anchorage

Long Beach
Nieuw Amsterdam Anchorage
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Piraeus GR
Eurodam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0707World.thumb.png.c1737410842ab3de676588506966f873.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Love Chocolate, we need more forgiveness, and a salute to daughters and fathers.  I remember the Eastwood quote.  Been to Barbados both as a port of call and disembarkation port.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is a light one from May 31 when I embraced Rich's choice.  It's Iced Melon Bisque, Mixed Gourmet Greens, Chicken and Corn Soup, and Fruit Cup au Natural, my selections on MS Prinsendam May 31, 2015 after a big lunch at the Pinnacle Grill.

Today’s care list:

RIP Montgomery County PA Vol FF Sean DeMuynck in a Line of Duty Death 7/4.
Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires, Especially Lyttlon
Mamaofami rehab center problems
Pope Francis in hospital
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Scout Luke G in hospital
Those in the path of Elsa

From the rotation:
Kakalina awaiting radiation for aggressive cancer
Sharon’s mother with possible lung cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers
Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale
Explorer OTS housing Surfside first responders
Laseyv and son in Sedonia for a week
highland cruiser at Diamond Lake
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
smitty34877 on Cape Cod
Dfish in Michigan
CrazyforCats in Pennsylvania
Aliaschief on pop-pop duty
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Off soon to my first rehab session.

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combination of days! If course any combination that includes chocolate is lovely!

On early before heading to the airport. The rain has not started here yet. A very slight breeze. Hope everyone to the South & West of me are handling the storm well. The NHC said the Tampa/St Pete area might get 6-10 inches! @TiogaCruiser, Laura will be your sommelier for awhile. I know some of the wines were difficult to get info about. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Vignobles Brumont 2016 Château Bouscassé (Madiran) Southwest France

This red blend from the South of France sounds amazing. And a very reasonable price from several online distributors starting at $19.99! This one is going on my list. 

WE93 A big and full flavoured South West France red with a welcoming approachability. Alain Brumont is one of the top wine producers in this corner of Gascony and has contributed more to Madiran than argubly anyone else in recent decades. This flagship cuvée from the Bouscassé estate comprises 50% Tannat and 50% Cabernet making it possibly a bit more open and early drinking than Château Montus, his other Madiran estate. On the palate is a collection of black fruits, cassis, cloves, cedar, lavender and savoury notes that provide a real treat for the tongue.It's best decanted a short while before drinikng and is a really good wine now, but will also keep well for a few years yet.

Winemaker notes

Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc vines from 20 to 100 years-old. Terroir of fine yellow and white variegated clays on a layer of fissured limestone. Sustainable agriculture, natural compost. Vinification and Maturing: 3 to 6 weeks in 30-50% new oak barrels.

Alain Brumont took over the little family wine estate, Chateau Bouscassé, in 1979, then purchased Chateau Montus to create the wine of his dreams. He constructed his first underground cellars at Bouscassé in 1988, then the new Chateau Montus cellars in 1995. By 2003, the chateau had been renovated to receive seminars and special events. In 1990 he discovered the ideal stretch of land that would become a world-renowned icon: La Tyre. Alain has been voted best French winemaker and, at the international level, the producer of one of the ten finest wines in the world. Offering the perfect balance of quality and value, Southwest France is a recognized appellation that encompasses all wine regions in France’s southwestern corner (except for Bordeaux and Cognac, which merit their very own). Two of the more famous subregions here are Cahors, known for its Malbec, and Madiran, home of the robust Tannat grape. Bordeaux Blends are also popular red wines of the Southwest. You get the power and intensity of a Bordeaux wine without the hefty price!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combination of days! If course any combination that includes chocolate is lovely!

On early before heading to the airport. The rain has not started here yet. A very slight breeze. Hope everyone to the South & West of me are handling the storm well. The NHC said the Tampa/St Pete area might get 6-10 inches! @TiogaCruiser, Laura will be your sommelier for awhile. I know some of the wines were difficult to get info about. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Vignobles Brumont 2016 Château Bouscassé (Madiran) Southwest France

This red blend from the South of France sounds amazing. And a very reasonable price from several online distributors starting at $19.99! This one is going on my list. 

WE93 A big and full flavoured South West France red with a welcoming approachability. Alain Brumont is one of the top wine producers in this corner of Gascony and has contributed more to Madiran than argubly anyone else in recent decades. This flagship cuvée from the Bouscassé estate comprises 50% Tannat and 50% Cabernet making it possibly a bit more open and early drinking than Château Montus, his other Madiran estate. On the palate is a collection of black fruits, cassis, cloves, cedar, lavender and savoury notes that provide a real treat for the tongue.It's best decanted a short while before drinikng and is a really good wine now, but will also keep well for a few years yet.

Winemaker notes

Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc vines from 20 to 100 years-old. Terroir of fine yellow and white variegated clays on a layer of fissured limestone. Sustainable agriculture, natural compost. Vinification and Maturing: 3 to 6 weeks in 30-50% new oak barrels.

Alain Brumont took over the little family wine estate, Chateau Bouscassé, in 1979, then purchased Chateau Montus to create the wine of his dreams. He constructed his first underground cellars at Bouscassé in 1988, then the new Chateau Montus cellars in 1995. By 2003, the chateau had been renovated to receive seminars and special events. In 1990 he discovered the ideal stretch of land that would become a world-renowned icon: La Tyre. Alain has been voted best French winemaker and, at the international level, the producer of one of the ten finest wines in the world. Offering the perfect balance of quality and value, Southwest France is a recognized appellation that encompasses all wine regions in France’s southwestern corner (except for Bordeaux and Cognac, which merit their very own). Two of the more famous subregions here are Cahors, known for its Malbec, and Madiran, home of the robust Tannat grape. Bordeaux Blends are also popular red wines of the Southwest. You get the power and intensity of a Bordeaux wine without the hefty price!

Have a wonderful trip.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 10

Good morning everyone. I will certainly observe chocolate day. Love it in any form. As far as father daughter day, that is exactly what Sam did with our daughter when he came home from the rehab center and then he proceeded to take a nice fall .We had to call 911;to get him up. My son slept here and we promptly rolled up all the carpets and then called the agency for an aide . A nurse will be coming from the home health agency to see what we need and then a social worker to provide OT, PT and speech therapy at home. We have our own aide coming this afternoon preceded by a nurse from the company we’ve hired. 

Ive been up since 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep. This is an overwhelming job.

We’ve been to Barbados several times on a cruise , but I have no pictures.

Roy, good luck with your rehab today.

We could use your continued prayers for an uneventful recovery for Sam.

Carol

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the daily report Rich and good morning all.  Some folks will be thrilled with chocolate day.  The world needs more forgiveness.  I think it will be a very warm walk for father’s and daughters here today.  I don’t think that buying a toaster is much of a guarantee these days considering how cheaply products are made.  The meal sounds very nice today.  Been to Bridgetown as a port of call and enjoyed our snorkeling tour there.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Good luck today Roy.

• Like 21

Good morning  to all. It is already  a hot humid day at the Caoe and I was up with the birds. We plan to travel to Wellfleet to go to Marconi Beach for the day. I will take a picture as it is just a beautiful  place.

@StLouisCruisers,I agree,yesterday was a spectacular day.My DS and DIL braved the water for brief periods to manage the 10 year Olds in the waves. The lifeguard came down to point out a nearby seal to  them.He said sharks were  slightly south at Chatham  over the weekend  and they feed on the seals.There  was a rapid retreat!

Terry

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Safe travels, hope your flight is smooth and you have a fabulous time!

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I will certainly observe chocolate day. Love it in any form. As far as father daughter day, that is exactly what Sam did with our daughter when he came home from the rehab center and then he proceeded to take a nice fall .We had to call 911;to get him up. My son slept here and we promptly rolled up all the carpets and then called the agency for an aide . A nurse will be coming from the home health agency to see what we need and then a social worker to provide OT, PT and speech therapy at home. We have our own aide coming this afternoon preceded by a nurse from the company we’ve hired. 

Ive been up since 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep. This is an overwhelming job.

We’ve been to Barbados several times on a cruise , but I have no pictures.

Roy, good luck with your rehab today.

We could use your continued prayers for an uneventful recovery for Sam.

Carol

Oh dear Carol 😢 

How scary and awful.  I hope the aides can help and ease your burden 🙏🏻 

You are all in our prayers 🙏🏻 

• Like 14

Good morning, thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day!

You had me at chocolate!🙂

I wish I could go for a walk with my dad.  Great memories.

We had a thunderstorm overnight, not a lot of rain, but it's much cooler now.

@mamaofamiSending you a virtual hug.  Stay strong.  Our prayers are with you.

@cat shepardSafe travels.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  A toast to all who celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 18

Happy Wednesday.  I, too, love Chocolate in any form.  Forgiveness is always welcome, and love the idea of dad and daughter take a walk.  Today's meal is one of our favorites. Would love some of Roy's Iced Melon Bisque.The Eastwood quote is great. We've been to Bridgetown, will have to look for pictures. Have a great trip Cat. Carol, sorry the problems continue. We are fine here in central Florida, just wind and rain most of the night.  No damage or trees down here. Prayers and virtual hugs to our Care list and will raise a glass to the Celebrations.

Clover Club cocktail:

The Clover Club Cocktail is a cocktail consisting of gin, lemon juice, raspberry syrup, and an egg white. The egg white is not added for the purpose of giving the drink flavor, but rather acts as an emulsifier. Thus when the drink is shaken a characteristic foamy head is formed. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 Egg White, 1/4 oz Raspberry Syrup (or Grenadine), 1½ oz Gin, 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
Preparation: Dry shake ingredients to emulsify, add ice, shake and served straight up.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 7.12.11 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

I have been a sales representative selling chocolate for 35 years with various companies and love chocolate.

We were in church this morning for Wednesday Eucharist and we had a nice chat with our reverend afterwards.

We have sailed into Bridgetown Barbados a few times and loved the beaches.

It is currently 12.40pm 64°F and sunny at our local beach where we are having a coffee and looking out to sea dreaming of our next cruise.

Sending best wishes to everyone on the care list and hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210707_122830.jpg

• Like 21

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great collection of days again!  Forgiveness is so needed and I so wish my father was still alive to walk with him.  I’m pretty sure a lot of people will be celebrating chocolate today 😉 

AEBF335D-A600-49E0-9955-E9F62863B3AA.jpeg.b6ed3f8468f8ae25d9ad93002271d310.jpeg

LOL on the quote and the meal suggestion sounds good 👍. The drink of the day sounds very tempting.

@rafinmdgood luck with your first rehab session this morning 🤞 

@TiogaCruiserthank you for taking over the sommelier duties while Cat’s away at play and travel.

DH was very happy as the other two older trollius have begun blooming.  

FE8ADC49-7DE6-4390-BF08-BC4765420FE9.thumb.jpeg.2b8fd5191c50860784893f1614c2577a.jpeg

Their blooms normally last for weeks and can be seen from the street.

6A81BDD7-DD68-47BD-A6D3-4569A0556908.thumb.jpeg.6c0a11c350ebfc1646a3fd28f1f54b36.jpeg

For anyone resisting chocolate today, remember, chocolate is very healthy for you:

C940628A-E755-4AC7-8E73-D0F82A6027C8.jpeg.0e120a79b3434183df34dbccb1eb5914.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

31FE40F5-4A7D-4B62-9A8E-55DB15E96DCD.jpeg.33492e48b76539af1ea41e5a09d8ceb7.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Love Chocolate, we need more forgiveness, and a salute to daughters and fathers.  I remember the Eastwood quote.  Been to Barbados both as a port of call and disembarkation port.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is a light one from May 31 when I embraced Rich's choice.  It's Iced Melon Bisque, Mixed Gourmet Greens, Chicken and Corn Soup, and Fruit Cup au Natural, my selections on MS Prinsendam May 31, 2015 after a big lunch at the Pinnacle Grill.

Today’s care list:

RIP Montgomery County PA Vol FF Sean DeMuynck in a Line of Duty Death 7/4.
Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires, Especially Lyttlon
Mamaofami rehab center problems
Pope Francis in hospital
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Scout Luke G in hospital
Those in the path of Elsa

From the rotation:
Kakalina awaiting radiation for aggressive cancer
Sharon’s mother with possible lung cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers
Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale
Explorer OTS housing Surfside first responders
Laseyv and son in Sedonia for a week
highland cruiser at Diamond Lake
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
smitty34877 on Cape Cod
Dfish in Michigan
CrazyforCats in Pennsylvania
Aliaschief on pop-pop duty
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Off soon to my first rehab session.

Roy

Good luck with your first rehab session Roy.

I hope everything goes well today for you.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good morning. Thanks for the daily. 
Great days - chocolate! And forgiveness is so important. As are father daughter walks, although I was raised by my Mom only. 
I like the meal and drinks. 
I’ve been to Barbados but not sure which town.  

I have had no sleep! The power went out just before I was going to bed. About 4 transformers around my part of town exploded, some catching fire. It was too hot to sleep. Power came on around 3:30 but I couldn’t fall asleep. In the shower at 7, the power went off again. My fridge remote temp monitor shows acceptable temps so far. 

I will catch up later. I’m on my phone and it’s too small to read much with these old eyes. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

What a nice collection of days today -- very aesthetically pleasing.  What could possibly go wrong?!     🍫  👨‍👧  ☮️   😍

@cat shepard, have a wonderful trip, and thank you, @TiogaCruiser, for donning the tastevin.

@rafinmd, hopefully you can embrace your "project."  Hang in there.

@mamaofami,  things will get better!  🙏

We have been to Barbados.  As with so many of these Daily ports, no photos to prove it.  I have wonderful travel scrapbooks done up with zillions of cute stickers and every restaurant receipt or ticket stub that ever crossed my path -- but clearly not enough photos!

To All, have a pleasant, peaceful and safe day.  Thank you to all the contributors to the Daily!

• Like 21

Another day of Pop Pop and Nanna Camp! Today we’re off to take a boat tour to see dolphins, than it’s off to see the alligators.

Pop Pop and Nanna need a sea day if you know what I mean!🛳

Thanks for the report and everyone’s contributions.

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Another day of Pop Pop and Nanna Camp! Today we’re off to take a boat tour to see dolphins, than it’s off to see the alligators.

Pop Pop and Nanna need a sea day if you know what I mean!🛳

Thanks for the report and everyone’s contributions.

I'm "Nanna" too!  Sidekick is Bobba.  Have fun!!  But yes to the sea day!    😍

• Like 13

Good Morning All, thanks for the daily report.  I’ll celebrate chocolate day today!  I also really enjoy today’s meal suggestion.  Forgiveness is something that is often lacking in our society today.  This week we are required to go back into the office one day a week.  I went in yesterday and it was nice to see some coworkers, we planned on going in on the same day.  When I got home Ashlee, the queen of the house, yelled at me because dinner wasn’t served at 2.  She will need to adjust to going back to pre pandemic feeding times.

• Like 19