Submitting Proof of Vaccination to Princess

lx200gps

Thanks Steelers36. I assume I cannot proceed until the white screen of death problem is solved. I have a Pixel 3a phone with Android 11 I believe. I'll wait a bit and see if this issues resolves so I can upload our vaccination cards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:
4 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

They're taking our word that we're vaccinated. I'm not too sure about this.

I was informed that I need to bring verification to the port. Also what I see on my August cruise is weird, and my December cruise is just a blank heath screen. A completely white screen. Guess they're trying to prevent ppl from doing it too early. Only those on 07/25/21 cruise might know for sure

Finally it accepted my verification!! I submitted the ones from the state & CDC card. 1 at a time. Don't know if both took

Screenshot_20210715-202247_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.1205ad705999b31a8c59bdcf64a607d6.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you get around the dreaded white kiss of death?

I updated.  Didn't fix it.

I deleted app, reloaded, had to sign back in, still getting white page of death (order medallion/which I already have done several times) and Health Status (for vaccination card).  To add insult to injury, dropped from green lane to blue lane.

SIGH

Edited by cr8tiv1

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How do you get around the dreaded white kiss of death?

I updated.  Didn't fix it.

I deleted app, reloaded, had to sign back in, still getting white page of death (order medallion/which I already have done several times) and Health Status (for vaccination card).  To add insult to injury, dropped from green lane to blue lane.

SIGH

They are obviously updating the page as the error code is 503.

Deleted and Downloaded the App  twice but only get the white page of death and nothing in the Health section. 

My next cruise is in 140 days  so plenty of time for me. I’ll follow along with everyone else to see how it’s resolved as Princess cruises start. 

I get the white screen of death on my cell phone (which is a pixel 3A ) when I try to go into the health section to upload my vaccine card. So, I thought I would try on my iPad to see if the app performed any differently. Nope it does not. I get the same white screen when I click on the health section.

My upcoming cruise on Princess is not until December. So I have plenty of time for Princess to resolve this problem. 

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Jadn13I get the health page on a cruise within 30 days, the white page on a cruisevin 5vmonths. Maybe it has to do with how soon it is?

That would almost certainly be the case. It's much the same as not being able to select our arrival or departure groups far out from a cruise. The blank white page is simply another case of sloppy programming, as they forgot to put a message saying "It's too early, check back later...". At least a message shows up when we try, unsuccessfully, to select our Arrival groups for our November trip.

• Like 3

They need to do a lot of work on the app. Simple things like a message that it is too soon to fill out the health section would certainly be an easy fix for those of us who are seeing the white screen! 

How Princess could think that check in should not be available through the cruise personalizer is beyond me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Jadn13I get the health page on a cruise within 30 days, the white page on a cruisevin 5vmonths. Maybe it has to do with how soon it is?

36 minutes ago, erber said:

I get the white screen of death on my cell phone (which is a pixel 3A ) when I try to go into the health section to upload my vaccine card. So, I thought I would try on my iPad to see if the app performed any differently. Nope it does not. I get the same white screen when I click on the health section.

My upcoming cruise on Princess is not until December. So I have plenty of time for Princess to resolve this problem. 

33 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

That would almost certainly be the case. It's much the same as not being able to select our arrival or departure groups far out from a cruise. The blank white page is simply another case of sloppy programming, as they forgot to put a message saying "It's too early, check back later...". At least a message shows up when we try, unsuccessfully, to select our Arrival groups for our November trip.

Our first voyage begins OCT 01, 2022.  I have had access to the Health section and completed it to GREEN status, including uploading our Ontario gov't vaccine confirmation.  However, our OCT 31, 2022 presents the "white screen of death".

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Our first voyage begins OCT 01, 2022.  I have had access to the Health section and completed it to GREEN status, including uploading our Ontario gov't vaccine confirmation.  However, our OCT 31, 2022 presents the "white screen of death".

If you are able to enter your vaccination details 15 months ahead of one trip, but not 16 months ahead for the next trip, something's quite awry. I can't enter our info for a Nov 20, 2021 trip, only four months out

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In MC App, you do not submit a proof.  You simply attest you will be fully-vaccinated 14 days or more prior to sail date.  Health Q&A is re-attested 2/3 days prior to sailing.  At this point, I see no doc upload in that section of OCEAN Ready.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Ombud said:

I had to delete & reinstall to open health status. But it retained all previous entries

Good question but the heath status form opens for my August cruise but won't open for my December cruise. 

California's site is: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

Unfortunately,  some cannot get in. Took my GS, GD, and me less than a minute to get our verification 

Thanks!

I sail in 9 days and from talking to folks on my roll call it’s clear there are multiple issues even for those of us sailing so soon. Many of us have adopted the attitude of the ship won’t leave without us so let’s chill and plan some fun. 

I was able to upload my vaccine card this morning but no longer have a QR code or access to the rest of ocean ready. Another on our sailing lost his boarding group. Really we can’t let this stress us out. It’s an ap, Princess knows it’s not functional. And it is definitely in their best interest to board us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My cruise is Oct 4 out of San Pedro on Grand Princess.  I will take care of health questions 72 hrs prior to my cruise.  If I get a white screen, I will fill out paperwork at the port.  If the app allows me to input, the CDC vaccination card; I will upload it.  Not going to worry about an app that I have no control over from day to day.  As of today 16 Jul, I have all green check marks.  Will open the app and get boarding time 30 days prior to sailing.  Not bothered if I get an early or late arrival group.  Not a concern for me.  You all have a wonderful weekend.

• Like 7

While I do not have a root cause, the "white screen of death" is an issue being worked on.  Don't know why some voyages work and not others.  The idea is there will be some advance screening of the uploaded document to verify it meets standard.  Still need to show the original, along with passport of course, at the check-in.  Since Princess isn't publishing general state of bugs & issues at this time, we just have to try again periodically and see if working for the time being.  Or just wait until check-in and use the BLUE Lane.  I hope to be GREEN Lane myself and have plenty of time for them to sort it out. 

We have one booking that worked for the health and another one not.  Only 30 days apart.

• Like 1

Like others here on CC, I've just experienced a new feature coming alive with no notice, and am now able to enter the health info (though still no boarding groups) Question for folks who have entered their health info for a US based cruise. It asks whether you have travelled "internationally" prior to the cruise, and for everyone but US citizens/residents, the answer would be yes. What does does answering yes to that question cause to happen? Does it unleash a testing requirement, etc?

On 7/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, Ombud said:

Finally it accepted my verification!! I submitted the ones from the state & CDC card. 1 at a time. Don't know if both took

Screenshot_20210715-202247_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.1205ad705999b31a8c59bdcf64a607d6.jpg

It’s interesting because that upload proof of your vaccine isn’t on my sailing.  Wonder if it’s because it’s out of florida and they can’t ask that. 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, Ombud said:

I just checked again, I don' t have this second half.  Only the yes/no question.  Back to lost green checks....ugh....is that a server issue?

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Like others here on CC, I've just experienced a new feature coming alive with no notice, and am now able to enter the health info (though still no boarding groups) Question for folks who have entered their health info for a US based cruise. It asks whether you have travelled "internationally" prior to the cruise, and for everyone but US citizens/residents, the answer would be yes. What does does answering yes to that question cause to happen? Does it unleash a testing requirement, etc?

When I was entering the Health Status info, it clearly asked about travel with the past 14 days outside of US/Canada, so they are grouping us together.  I don't see it as an issue for Canadians.  But, yes, international guests will generally have traveled in the past two weeks unless showed up real early for the cruise.

I am not sure what their intent was on this one.  The logical mind might think that someone flying from France or UK or Germany directly to FL to board a cruise would be different than someone who traveled from home to somewhere and to somewhere and ultimately arrived in FL after spending a week in Mexico and a week in the Caribbean (just to make up an example).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It’s interesting because that upload proof of your vaccine isn’t on my sailing.  Wonder if it’s because it’s out of florida and they can’t ask that. 

When I first accessed Heath Status section earlier this past week, there was an option to upload vaccine doc - and I did that.  This morning, I don't see that option, nor any evidence our docs are uploaded.  I am thinking they made a change to that section for some reason.  It will be interesting to read more posts and see if this happened to others that had previously loaded their proof.

31 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just checked again, I don' t have this second half.  Only the yes/no question.  Back to lost green checks....ugh....is that a server issue?

Same here. Today, for the first time, it asked if we had been vaccinated. (Before when I tried I got the WSOD.) It let me say we have been vaccinated but had no option to upload a copy of our cards. Ah, well. Baby steps.

Looking at my first cruise in October, I am back to blue.  Clicking on each line item and waiting patiently the data does appear.  The only incomplete line item is arrival group.

As many have indicated they are possibly working on the app today.  I would suggest keeping out until early next week.

on our subsequent cruises in December, January and April  the option to upload proof of vaccination is not there.  Could be one of the items that self populates once it is in your account, similar to Medallion Pay.

Edited by kiwimum