Breakaway Cabins 8110, 8112, 8710, or 8712

bstel

looking at these cabins on the deck plans.  Is anyone familiar with them?  I like the extra large balcony, as the standard balconies on Breakaway seem pretty small and not very deep.  In particular it looks like these rooms might get noise from the theater on Deck 7, but these rooms are actually forward of the theater.  Does anyone know what is below these cabins?  anchor area, crew cabins?

I sailed 2 times and chose inside 8102, portside, very near your first choices and I was told the anchor room was next to me and the noise lasted 45 minutes and was very loud!  I know nearby balcony cabins heard it as well.  When I. sailed later on, in 8421, I heard nothing👍,  hope this helps!   Starboard side is better, as it was either very early in am or at dinner, just when we were getting ready.  

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

I sailed 2 times and chose inside 8102, portside, very near your first choices and I was told the anchor room was next to me and the noise lasted 45 minutes and was very loud!  I know nearby balcony cabins heard it as well.  When I. sailed later on, in 8421, I heard nothing👍,  hope this helps!   Starboard side is better, as it was either very early in am or at dinner, just when we were getting ready.  

so the noise was just for tendering ports, or any port?  and then I assume no theatre noise?  what about theatre noise in 8421?

Edited by bstel
add

8 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

No noise at all in 8421.  Noise was only in ports.  

ok good to know on the theatre. but in regards to the anchor noise, did you hear that in all ports, or just tendering ports?

29 minutes ago, bstel said:

ok good to know on the theatre. but in regards to the anchor noise, did you hear that in all ports, or just tendering ports?

noise in Bermuda was upon docking in morning and then leaving and island.   then arriving in nyc.   depends on your itinerary.    there were no noises from any other venues.

Just now, tokidoki said:

noise in Bermuda was upon docking in morning and then leaving and island.   then arriving in nyc.   depends on your itinerary.    there were no noises from any other venues.

problem is it took a full 45 minutes and it was so loud, I vowed never to stay near anchor room again!

48 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

problem is it took a full 45 minutes and it was so loud, I vowed never to stay near anchor room again!

thanks for the info.  i will be finding another location on the ship.

17 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Enjoy your cruise!

ended up with a cabin on deck 12, standard balcony but got one of the cabins where the ship juts in/out so the balcony is angled and slightly bigger.

3 hours ago, bstel said:

ended up with a cabin on deck 12, standard balcony but got one of the cabins where the ship juts in/out so the balcony is angled and slightly bigger.

great choice. I was just looking at angled balconies on Joy!

16 hours ago, bstel said:

Nice choice! You'll be much happier I'm that location than over the theater and by the anchors. Maybe a better view as well. Enjoy!!!