Picking a room on the Escape. Help please

brockmom

As far as noise goes you have cabins on the decks above and below you so noise shouldn't be a problem.  If it were me I would pick a room close to the elevator and stairs to reduce the walk in narrow hallways.  Another consideration is the middle of the ship is better for stability though I have never personally thought the movement of the ship to be a problem.  I kinda like it when its a little rocky.  Lastly you might want the back of the ship for being closer to the restaurants.  You may want the front of the ship to be closer to other venues.

Those are the things I consider when picking a cabin .

On Deck 10, I would pick 10276 or 10876 and on Deck 12, I would pick 12272 or 12872. Those angled balconies are right near the elevators and stairs, so you will have easy access and it will be super easy for you to find your room! On Escape, I like to be aft so I can go straight up to the buffet or straight down to the MDRs. But really, any angled balcony will do!

I had an aft balcony - larger space but to be honest found to much sun hit it on the Bermuda cruise- I would have preferred Mid. Also, person was on their deck smoking or vaping but I didn't report him as his woman left him on the cruise for someone else and you don't want to hurt people when they are down. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, josephmz said:

We booked a spa balcony and snagged one of the angled ones. Room steward brought us a lounger.

Loved the Escape.

That reminds me. If you book an angled balcony and there isn't already a lounger there on embarkation, just leave a note for your room steward and they will have one out there for you by dinner!

• Like 1

Since the topic is NCL Escape cabins I also have a question.  I booked a Club Balcony Spa Suite cabin #15168.  I read reviews saying these cabins are noisy because they are below the sundeck and you can hear the chairs moving at all hours. 

Does anyone know if that is true?  I could save money and book a regular spa balcony.  This is for my 40th wedding anniversary so I wanted a nicer room.  I am not ready to do a $1500/deposit for a Haven Spa cabin just yet.  It is in my mind but with the way the world has been I would rather not pay that much right now when the cruise is not until 2023.  

21 minutes ago, RRSeeker said:

Since the topic is NCL Escape cabins I also have a question.  I booked a Club Balcony Spa Suite cabin #15168.  I read reviews saying these cabins are noisy because they are below the sundeck and you can hear the chairs moving at all hours. 

Does anyone know if that is true?  I could save money and book a regular spa balcony.  This is for my 40th wedding anniversary so I wanted a nicer room.  I am not ready to do a $1500/deposit for a Haven Spa cabin just yet.  It is in my mind but with the way the world has been I would rather not pay that much right now when the cruise is not until 2023.  

Unless the Club Balcony spa cabin you are in is significantly cheaper than a normal Club Balcony, why not just book one of those and pay for spa passes separately?

I never really thought of that. It is more expensive than the club suite large balcony but a lot less than the club suite aft balcony. In my mind I plan to upgrade at some point but don’t want to pay $1500 for a deposit until I pay my final payment for my 2022 cruise in October.

The other reason is I have not told my husband I did this.  It is a surprise. It is a New England Canada cruise. He would definitely notice a $1500 charge on our credit card.

We drove up along the east coast to Maine on our honeymoon but never made it to Nova Scotia. We bought a puppy in Maine and didn’t want to take him over the border on a ferry.  My husband always says someday we will make it there but we never have.  Well after 40 years I plan to get him there.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, RRSeeker said:

We drove up along the east coast to Maine on our honeymoon but never made it to Nova Scotia. We bought a puppy in Maine and didn’t want to take him over the border on a ferry.  My husband always says someday we will make it there but we never have.  Well after 40 years I plan to get him there.

That is so sweet!

I just booked my first NCL cruise, on Escape, and was trolling here to check out rooms when I saw your post.  Happy anniversary - have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, doctork said:

That is so sweet!

I just booked my first NCL cruise, on Escape, and was trolling here to check out rooms when I saw your post.  Happy anniversary - have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!