Jump to content

Updated Information for those Sailing Soon


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I do not get the drop down box for the excursion.  Please note that I have the following message on the page: 

  • *Shore excursions credit will automatically be applied in the cart to the highest valued shore excursions.

Above the *Shore Excursion credit, etc.  you should have:

 

* Promotional Credit

Your Name:  1-Complimentary Dinner, 1-Shore Excursion.

 

When you go into the Tour that you want by clicking on "Book Now" in the area under your name there should be a line that says use "Complimentary" and when you click on the drop down arrow your name comes up there and the name there has to be selected.  

 

Then you can proceed to Check-Out and it will show the $100  off in the Cart, etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Above the *Shore Excursion credit, etc.  you should have:

 

* Promotional Credit

Your Name:  1-Complimentary Dinner, 1-Shore Excursion.

 

When you go into the Tour that you want by clicking on "Book Now" in the area under your name there should be a line that says use "Complimentary" and when you click on the drop down arrow your name comes up there and the name there has to be selected.  

 

Then you can proceed to Check-Out and it will show the $100  off in the Cart, etc. 

I appreciate your help but I don’t have the options you are describing.  I did for the diners.  I have tried this on three different browsers with no luck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I just wanted to post some updates for those sailing soon to Alaska and Greece.

First as of today if you have any Free Specialty Dining or Shore Excursions from a promotion you are booked under you can now go into HAL's check in and booked those. Even if you have an older Have It All promotion that had the Dine Around Specialty Dining promotion you will be able to reserve that as well. As far as I can tell if you are 5 star Mariner that is not popping up and if you want it pre reserved will have to do likeyou have done in the past and get the credit back once on board the ship. Same if you want the 50% discount. I will state that if you have the Dine Around promotion that gave you two or three specialty dinings, it will only let you reserve Pinnacle one time so chose that first, if you have two it automatically only give you the option to reseve Canaletto as a 2nd option. I am not sure about when there is three because the one I do have three is for next summer on the Rotterdam and it shows I have three but dining is not available to be reserved.

When reserving besure to click on "Use Complimentary Dining" when the pop up box comes up to reserve it.

 

**The second update that is rather important, up till today those of us that were sailing on the first sailing July 24th the eDocs and Health Assessment were going to be available July 13th which was 10 days prior to our department to Seattle. As of this afternoon its now state July 21st just two days prior to our departure, the same with our September 4th cruise has now been changed to September 1st which is again just 2 days prior.

I am guessing the change is due to this Health assessment needed to be more current than 10/11 days prior and the only way HAL could figure out how to make sure you did this prior was to make it be when you print your boarding pass. I am not sure I like that fact that we will not have eDocs in advance, as well as that is where you boarding time that you will be assigned will be.

 

Lisa:

Thank you for the information

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I appreciate your help but I don’t have the options you are describing.  I did for the diners.  I have tried this on three different browsers with no luck.

Strange you were able to do Dinners.  If you call Ship Excursions, they should be able to book you with the Credit.  Good Luck!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Strange you were able to do Dinners.  If you call Ship Excursions, they should be able to book you with the Credit.  Good Luck!!! 

That’s typical HAL IT.  I want to take hard copies of everything since I can’t trust their system to work correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

That’s typical HAL IT.  I want to take hard copies of everything since I can’t trust their system to work correctly.

Ask them for an email Confirmation.  Also, it will  show up under "My Itinerary" that you are booked on the Tour.  I always print out My Itinerary and bring with us.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Ask them for an email Confirmation.  Also, it will  show up under "My Itinerary" that you are booked on the Tour.  I always print out My Itinerary and bring with us.  

The email is typically automatically sent.  The Navigator app shows my booked excursions but not booked dining.  The itinerary shows it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On boarding times, the terminals seem to march to the beat of a different drum than the cruise lines.  I'm not saying they won't be enforced, but Smith Cove staff have sometimes done things completely opposite from what HAL told me.  If people do show up early, where will they wait?  Outside under the bus shelter?  This isn't port of Miami, not too many places on that pier to congregate.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried booking comp shore excursion with shore excursion and was advised  system for appling credit has a bug in it and is down for 24-48 hrs.   So have to pay now refund later.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, silversneakers said:

So if you show up later than your assigned boarding time how does that affect your boarding?  Do you have to wait until all of the assigned boarding passengers have boarded and then you board? Or, does anyone really know at this point?

I think it’s all speculation. We were always told 1, showed up at 11 or 1130 and got on with a lot of people already onboard. But I’m wondering if there might be extra cleaning going on. All purely guess work though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

That’s typical HAL IT.  I want to take hard copies of everything since I can’t trust their system to work correctly.

 

Just an FYI, it's not just you.  I am working on a fall sailing -- get the great blurb there about my discount will appear in my cart. Looks like everything is all set up.   But it doesn't happen.  No discounted amount in the cart.  No matter what excursion I put in there.  Very frustrating.

Presumably they will get this fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I do not get the drop down box for the excursion.  Please note that I have the following message on the page: 

  • *Shore excursions credit will automatically be applied in the cart to the highest valued shore excursions.

 

I also did not get the "complimentary" drop down for the shorex yesterday. I DID get it for the dinners. May give it another try later. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The email is typically automatically sent.  The Navigator app shows my booked excursions but not booked dining.  The itinerary shows it all.

I have to laugh my Navigator App does not show any of the shore excursions booked or my dining that has been reserved. Yet wants me to book shore excursions but does not allow for Dining. I have totally logged out numerous time. I am now thinking of deleting the app and adding the app again.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PSR said:

 

I also did not get the "complimentary" drop down for the shorex yesterday. I DID get it for the dinners. May give it another try later. 

I also do not get the complimentary drop down box for shore excursions. It worked great for Specialty Dining. It states have still have shore excursions credit but I booked two with shore excursions staff several days ago and they stated that they would be able to give the the $100.00 credit per person as ship board credit. I thought I would wait till sometime next week to inquire about that getting moved over. I know they are going a bit crazy with the new release and problems with the website.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have to laugh my Navigator App does not show any of the shore excursions booked or my dining that has been reserved. Yet wants me to book shore excursions but does not allow for Dining. I have totally logged out numerous time. I am now thinking of deleting the app and adding the app again.

The app is definitely not worth much off ship.  Hopefully that changes.  The wallet will appear for a few moments then disappear.  I think it is the wallet that we will need to use to check in.  I don’t trust it.  Maybe your sailing will get them to work out the bugs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The app is definitely not worth much off ship.  Hopefully that changes.  The wallet will appear for a few moments then disappear.  I think it is the wallet that we will need to use to check in.  I don’t trust it.  Maybe your sailing will get them to work out the bugs.

I totally agree, we can only hope they will start to work out the bugs on the July 24th sailing. I feel fortunate that we will return again on September 4th and be able to see what improvements happen in those 5 weeks from when we disembark and embark again. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the big rise in covid cases does not cause another shut down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I totally agree, we can only hope they will start to work out the bugs on the July 24th sailing. I feel fortunate that we will return again on September 4th and be able to see what improvements happen in those 5 weeks from when we disembark and embark again. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the big rise in covid cases does not cause another shut down.

Maybe they can work out the bugs on the test sailing.  It’d be sad if your cruise was the test case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lindancer said:

I am on the 8-15 to 29 Eurodam cruise from Athens.  What I see online is that my boarding pass won't be available to print until July 13.  It says my express docs will be available after July 1 and I don't even know what they are talking about.  BUT I booked my cruise through a PCC from HAL and she was able to tell me my boarding time - which she said is important because with the Covid protocols they are definitely staggering the boarding times.  

I did get the "Have it All" package so I will see if I can schedule those.  I don't want a card in my room with the times already assigned.

Thanks for the info.

Did your PCC say whether you had to have a Covid test test besides vaccination card?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping for some thoughts.....my brother and sister in law are in group D boarding at 2pm (per our travel agent) and we're in group B at 1:20pm. I asked our travel agent if we could just board with them at 2pm and she didn't have any answer other than "I don't know how strict they will be." Hmmmmm. if we had a late flight in, I don't think they'd disallow me from boarding, right? Any thoughts, thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Hoping for some thoughts.....my brother and sister in law are in group D boarding at 2pm (per our travel agent) and we're in group B at 1:20pm. I asked our travel agent if we could just board with them at 2pm and she didn't have any answer other than "I don't know how strict they will be." Hmmmmm. if we had a late flight in, I don't think they'd disallow me from boarding, right? Any thoughts, thanks in advance!

 

Boy, that’s a tough one.  Who knows how strict they will be?  But usually by 2 pm most people have boarded in the pre-covid days (we’ve done that).

 

I’m not sure how many people would have boarded by 2 pm under the new procedures but I would like to think they would be ok with that.

 

On the other hand, you can board at 1:20 and if you know each other’s cabin numbers, you can just board and wait for them at their cabin or they can come to yours and you can celebrate together 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Hoping for some thoughts.....my brother and sister in law are in group D boarding at 2pm (per our travel agent) and we're in group B at 1:20pm. I asked our travel agent if we could just board with them at 2pm and she didn't have any answer other than "I don't know how strict they will be." Hmmmmm. if we had a late flight in, I don't think they'd disallow me from boarding, right? Any thoughts, thanks in advance!

My original Boarding Time was 1:20 (Group B) and my Daughter was 1:40 (Group C).  I emailed my PCC about it since I found out my Boarding Time from Ship Excursions when I called them to ask an Excursion question.  I wanted to confirm that our Bookings were linked which they are!  She told me they will probably allow my Daughter to Board with us since she's our Daughter and is travelling by herself and designated for the next Group (but couldn't tell me definitely).  We probably have a new time now because we booked the Hotel through HAL that includes Transfers so it's mute but thought I'd share that with you.   Since they are Family they may allow them.  

 

From what I was told they want to spread out the Boarding because the Terminal falls under "Travel" Regulations.  We will need to wear Face Masks in Terminal, Social Distance, etc.  (unless something changes) but once we get Onboard Face Masks come off, etc.

 

It's anyone's guess how strict Holland will be!  We'll find out on the 24th!  I read on the "Live" Celebrity was very strict and would not allow anyone in Terminal who was not designated for that time.  Those that showed up early were literally turned away and dropped off their luggage and came back later.   I don't believe Carnival was as strict even though John Heald repeatedly told people don't show up early, etc.      

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have to laugh my Navigator App does not show any of the shore excursions booked or my dining that has been reserved. Yet wants me to book shore excursions but does not allow for Dining. I have totally logged out numerous time. I am now thinking of deleting the app and adding the app again.

My Navigator App shows Excursions but not Dining!  I cancelled/rebooked the Excursion I had booked in order to apply the $100 on the Computer.  I had to go into Steph's Booking and cancel it then go into ours and cancel it then go into hers and rebook it and then go back into ours to rebook it.  If you book an Excursion without the Promo, you can "Add Another Booking" and no problem but if using the Promo, it didn't apply the Promo even though her Booking # was added.  

 

This has been a learning experience!  🤣

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

My Navigator App shows Excursions but not Dining!  I cancelled/rebooked the Excursion I had booked in order to apply the $100 on the Computer.  I had to go into Steph's Booking and cancel it then go into ours and cancel it then go into hers and rebook it and then go back into ours to rebook it.  If you book an Excursion without the Promo, you can "Add Another Booking" and no problem but if using the Promo, it didn't apply the Promo even though her Booking # was added.  

 

This has been a learning experience!  🤣

 

 

It most definitely has been a learning experience but something tells me what we are learning not may not even apply to future sailings. I actually removed the Navigator app from my phone, then downloaded it again, signed in and nothing changed. Still does not show like it does when I log in on my pc. So I am giving up till we get on board the ship.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It most definitely has been a learning experience but something tells me what we are learning not may not even apply to future sailings. I actually removed the Navigator app from my phone, then downloaded it again, signed in and nothing changed. Still does not show like it does when I log in on my pc. So I am giving up till we get on board the ship.

I think once we’re all Onboard it will all fall into place with Navigator.  🤞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very concerned about the boarding procedures and can't get any information from HAL.  We booked our August 15th cruise and our flights thru HAL but made our own hotel and transportaton arrangements.  The latest Seattle Express can have us to the dock is 1pm, which may be ahead of our assigned time.  My major issue is that I have a bad knee and am limited in how long I can stand and I am getting nervous that there will not be an area with chairs to sit and wait for our assigned check-in time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...