Are B2B2B cruises all of the sudden not allowed on Celebrity cruises?

We have a 12 night and a 9 night B2B on Equinox beginning Sept. 26.  I hope the CDC doesn't decide that only 7 night cruises can be B2B. It is ridiculous to change rules at this late date. I hope since we have booked Celebrity Air that if we are forced to cancel we can get the air as well as the cruise fare refunded. What a mess. 

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

someone currently on their second leg of their Edge B2B2B cruise was told they would not be allowed to sail on their third leg they've already paid for.

So many unanswered  questions by that statement. Speculation is not our friend.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KKB said:

That crossed my mind as well.

My B2B is a BIG deal as Mom is flying in for the 2nd leg. She is battling cancer so this is super important to both of us. (just finished chemo, feeling good, but it's always a waiting game)

The Equinox departs August 1. I guess we will flip to that if they say no B2Bs. 

We are in a pretty tight bubble on a ship, encountering fewer unvaccinated people that on land.

The logic escapes me. (the COVID test for B2B passengers logic escapes me as well)

It is just the 3rd segment they are not allowing (currently). You should be fine with B2B on the Edge.

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Exactly. The CDC has ZERO purview over the sailings out of St. Maarten.

While true, there are steps the US could take to require you to quarantine or test once you return to the US.    

3 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

So many unanswered  questions by that statement. Speculation is not our friend.

You may want to check out the link starting at post #1355 I mentioned at post #10 on this thread as a lot more definitive information has been provided since then regarding Cruise Wizard's original comments.

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

It is just the 3rd segment they are not allowing (currently). You should be fine with B2B on the Edge.

Well as of Weds Wizard (and others) thought a B3B was fine too...

23 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You may want to check out the link starting at post #1355 I mentioned at post #10 on this thread as a lot more definitive information

All I saw was a statement that said the ruling came down this morning and other speculative statements while these could be a statements of fact, there still is no information as to why, Unless we can understand the whys and where for it' continues to be all speculation as to the reason behind this decision

I tried to think last night if I could logically take this back to COVID quarantine rules.

I’m not sure if, first, that CDC is ready to apply the samerules to vaccinated persons who have traveled abroad that apply to vaccinated people staying at home. Second, I suspect that there has been enough changes in requirements and recommendations on the fly that neither CDC nor Celebrity is 100% certain what sequence applies. Third and most important - isn’t the CSO still gone on July 18? Could it be that the industry and CDC are working together behind the scene to develop some safety protocols to live on past the CSO to get the industry through the pandemic.

Sadly, whatever changes are made for whatever reason, somebody gets canceled because the cruise line has to start somewhere. It would be easier if an explanation came first with fair compensation (not that those affected now aren’t going to be fairly compensated). 
I don’t get what’s in it for RCCL, has to be something about limiting number of days people are onboard.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

All I saw was a statement that said the ruling came down this morning and other speculative statements while these could be a statements of fact, there still is no information as to why, Unless we can understand the whys and where for it' continues to be all speculation as to the reason behind this decision

This is true. My guess, just like when we could initially book B2Bs on the St Maarten Millennium cruises when they first came out, then we couldn't and then we could about 3 weeks later, Celebrity will never provide the "why". But, suffice it to say, we're keeping our August B3B on the Edge intact until we hear otherwise.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This is true. My guess, just like when we could initially book B2Bs on the St Maarten Millennium cruises when they first came out, then we couldn't and then we could about 3 weeks later, Celebrity will never provide the "why". But, suffice it to say, we're keeping our August B3B on the Edge intact until we hear otherwise.

We were caught in that yes you can, no you can't. We booked b2b on Millennium and cancelled two days later because they said no b2b. Of course, they reversed that again shortly after. Turned out better for us because now we have b2b on Edge. Good luck on your b2b2b.

Edited by RoamingRetirees
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

We were caught in that yes you can, no you can't. We booked b2b on Millennium and cancelled two days later because they said no b2b. Of course, they reversed that again shortly after. Turned out better for us because now we have b2b on Edge. Good luck on your b2b2b.

We're really not too hopeful now about being able to go on the b2b2b. But, since we're driving to the port, it shouldn't be an issue if we can't. At least we now know what possibly might happen. It just sticks, though, that Celebrity pulled the rug out from under the folks that are currently sailing on the Edge, and didn't have the decency to provide a reasonable explanation as to why the decision wasn't made until now, especially if the "no B2B2B" rule was in place on the Millennium back in June.

44 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I tried to think last night if I could logically take this back to COVID quarantine rules.

I’m not sure if, first, that CDC is ready to apply the samerules to vaccinated persons who have traveled abroad that apply to vaccinated people staying at home. Second, I suspect that there has been enough changes in requirements and recommendations on the fly that neither CDC nor Celebrity is 100% certain what sequence applies. Third and most important - isn’t the CSO still gone on July 18? Could it be that the industry and CDC are working together behind the scene to develop some safety protocols to live on past the CSO to get the industry through the pandemic.

Sadly, whatever changes are made for whatever reason, somebody gets canceled because the cruise line has to start somewhere. It would be easier if an explanation came first with fair compensation (not that those affected now aren’t going to be fairly compensated). 
I don’t get what’s in it for RCCL, has to be something about limiting number of days people are onboard.

Yes what will actually happen 10 days from now??

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But, suffice it to say, we're keeping our August B3B on the Edge intact until we hear otherwise.

There you go...

We have a simple b2b out of Tampa for the holidays...(just made final payment today)

We will see what it is as we continue down this road to normalization (what ever that happens to end up looking like)

Safe Travels!

Edited by rucrazy
  • Like 2

BTW does anyone know if the B2B2B restriction was also recently implemented on the sailings out of Athens? That would definitely be a bummer if you had to make last minute airline reservation changes if you had booked a B2B2B and then were told you couldn't go on your 3rd leg two days before your 2nd leg was done.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes what will actually happen 10 days from now??

Good question… I don’t want to get banned or this post pulled, but all those dire warnings you read in the mainstream media just before the 4th? We are starting to see them, hospitalized doubled in a week or two. 30% positive rate out of MD visits. Here I think it will go on with little peaks all the way into 2022. Everyone either has to get it or get vaccinated.

Dont misunderstand, the numbers are only a fraction of what they were in Jan 21, but it’s the trajectory and what that means. I feel sad for those who cannot get vaccinated or have immunity issues that make them less likely to get a strong response - I got no sympathy any more for the great mass of unvaccinated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

If there is a 2 day break between cruises, are these considered B2B?

I would say no.  If there is even one day between cruises, you don’t qualify for a B2B discount.  I would say if you don’t get the discount, it isn’t a B2B.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

We sailed 6/12-6/19 & 6/19-6/26. We decided to book the third week on 6/21 because our same cabin we had both weeks (Sweet 16) was still available and everyone thought it would .no problem. After two days we were informed it wouldn't be allowed,  We accepted the ruling and said no worries. The guest relation manager, Pedro, was as disappointed as we were and gave us some FCC, OBC and dinner in Tuscan to apologize for something that was in no way Celebrity's fault. Very classy.

I'm curious how the CDC would have anything to do with sailings from non-US ports??  Will be following to see if a true reason for this change is announced. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I booked a B2B with my TA about 30 minutes ago.  Told her about the B2B2B issues posted here.  She just sent me this:  "I asked the agent about the back to back to back and he wasn't aware they were not allowed so he looked it up and sure enough he found it."

Posted (edited)

Just spent quite a bit of time with TA who talked with 3 different Celebrity reps for our B2B2B Aug 1-27 on the Equinox and they stated as of right now they are accepting it. 

So...as usually over the past year we have to wait until right before for a definitive answer I guess.

Edited by viperfoth

I realize that Azamara is no longer owned by RCG but we have a B2B in December which will amount to 28 days.  I really hope we get to take both of those cruises.

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Perhaps I am missing something....

If you are talking about the Millennium sailings from St. Martin, the CDC would have no say over the procedures. The CSO (and modifications thereof) only affects ships that sail from or have stops in US ports.

Can you clarify further?

I was thinking the same thing when I read Millennium and thought St. Maarten departure with Caribbean islands and no US port stop?  CDC ??? 

Someone just posted they had one of their b2b2b cruises cancelled. They tried to jump to another ship a day later, but were told it had to be at least 3 days in between. So they booked something later. Now their TA heard from Resolutions that Lisa was furious when she heard how people were treated, and their original b2b2b was reinstated. This is a very fast merry-go-round. It's like the weather in St. Louis. If you don't like it today, just wait; it will change tomorrow. Obviously it wasn't because of CDC rule. I bet someone is in trouble.