Oasis bathroom night lights

Does anyone know if there are any type of nightlights in the balcony cabin bathrooms on Oasis?  I had an inside cabin on Independence OTS and there was no nightlight and no place to plug one in.  It made it difficult when getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I had another inside cabin on X Infinity and they had a little night light built into the overhead light which was quite nice. Thanks for any input. 

I think there is a night light in the bathroom, BUT the walk to the bathroom needs one of those small flashlights.  We have have a couple with us so nobody trips on the way to the bathroom at night,

I researched nightlights for cruise ship bathrooms after our last cruise in January 2020. Somebody somewhere on these boards recommended these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MHVTHQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We've used them many times since in hotel stays, and they are wonderful!

They charge with a mini USB, and the charge lasts a LONG time. They're motion activated, and they turn themselves back off. (I think there's a constant on mode, too, but I'm not sure.) The light is bright enough to see in the middle of the night but not so bright that it hurts your eyes or wakes you up too much.

I HIGHLY recommend them. Thank you to whomever posted about them here in the past.

• Like 2

We pick up little battery powered tea lights at Dollar Tree. I think they come 2 in a pkg. Note: they don't last real long so get quite a few. We leave the bathroom door open a crack so the light seeps into the cabin a bit..

There is also usually some light that comes through the botton of the door and eye peep.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Subman738 said:

Does anyone know if there are any type of nightlights in the balcony cabin bathrooms on Oasis?  I had an inside cabin on Independence OTS and there was no nightlight and no place to plug one in.  It made it difficult when getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I had another inside cabin on X Infinity and they had a little night light built into the overhead light which was quite nice. Thanks for any input. 

I always travel with a battery operated tap light to place in hotel or cruise ship bathrooms. I place the tap light in a convenient location so when entering the bathroom in the middle of the night, the tap light illuminates everything with a nice soft glow. I purchased a pack of three tap lights years ago in Bed Bath and Beyond. I will look now to see if they are still available..........

This is what is available now and is very similar to the tap lights I still use.........

Tap Lights

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We pick up little battery powered tea lights at Dollar Tree. I think they come 2 in a pkg. Note: they don't last real long so get quite a few. We leave the bathroom door open a crack so the light seeps into the cabin a bit..

There is also usually some light that comes through the botton of the door and eye peep.

We do this plus bring one of those magnetized light switches with a battery operated light. A lot of ships the switch to the bathroom is on the outside so turning on and off the light might wake up your SDS (Sleeping Darling Spouse).

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I always travel with a battery operated tap light to place in hotel or cruise ship bathrooms. I place the tap light in a convenient location so when entering the bathroom in the middle of the night, the tap light illuminates everything with a nice soft glow. I purchased a pack of three tap lights years ago in Bed Bath and Beyond. I will look now to see if they are still available..........

This is what is available now and is very similar to the tap lights I still use.........

Tap Lights

We get something similar at Five Below.  Battery lasts a long time, years (a real battery, not the one it comes with).

The bathroom light on Oasis does default to a "nightlight" setting when off, but like others said, a small battery-powered tap or tea light may be your best bet for actually getting to the bathroom at night. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with all the PPs:

we've used Tap/closet lights - Meridian LED Closet or Cabinet Tap Light, 4 Pack

and a battery operated child's LED lantern-style nightlight (Hello Kitty to be exact) which has 3 settings - very dim light (perfect for a bathroom or inside cabin), blinking dim light, and a bit brighter setting. We love it and bring it with us on every cruise.

Life Gear Hello Kitty Glow LED Mini Lantern, Pink - Walmart.com -  Walmart.com

The ones you can stick on a toilet are probably nice too:

Auto Drive Motion Sensor LED Color Changing Toilet Night Light 1 Pack

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

We do this plus bring one of those magnetized light switches with a battery operated light. A lot of ships the switch to the bathroom is on the outside so turning on and off the light might wake up your SDS (Sleeping Darling Spouse).

Those light switches are too bright. The idea of a soft light is to not make you up all the way.  I have those battery LED light switches in one of my closets. They work great to illuminate everything. 

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

We get something similar at Five Below.  Battery lasts a long time, years (a real battery, not the one it comes with).

Agree. We use one in the master closet which is very big. It illuminates just enough to see what we need to see without having to turn on a bright light. Great stuff!

• Like 2