Roll Call Listing Change Up ?

Cruise Critic...can I ask why you changed/moved the alphabetical roll call listings. I had to hunt for RCI & Celebrity...sorry I'm just so used to things being in a certain area....Thank you for answering what some might think is a silly question.

Hi, Ashland,

Not sure whether this is what your query is about, but ..............

There's been no change on my screen (desktop, W10, UK), though it grieves me that different devices display some stuff differently. RollCall listings are in alphabetical order, but left-to-right rather than top-to-bottom. That's the way it's been for as long as I can remember.

Or am I mis-reading your post? 🙄

JB 🙂

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cruise Critic...can I ask why you changed/moved the alphabetical roll call listings. I had to hunt for RCI & Celebrity...sorry I'm just so used to things being in a certain area....Thank you for answering what some might think is a silly question.

I would ask this on the CC Help forum. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/

Hi,

I noticed a change in the roll call section also as I look into the Celebrity roll call. It's moved over one column. I notice however that there is an Atlas world voyage roll call has been added that I did not see before? Thinking that is in line for keeping roll calls in alphabetical order. 

My observations anyway. Hope that helps.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Still in alphabetical order - left to right - I seem to recall at some point it was in vertical columns - but since I have been fairly familiar with the order generally for more decades than need mentioning, I find it fairly user friendly either way.

Edited by navybankerteacher

7 hours ago, John Bull said:

Hi, Ashland,

Not sure whether this is what your query is about, but ..............

There's been no change on my screen (desktop, W10, UK), though it grieves me that different devices display some stuff differently. RollCall listings are in alphabetical order, but left-to-right rather than top-to-bottom. That's the way it's been for as long as I can remember.

Or am I mis-reading your post? 🙄

JB 🙂

On the Roll Call listing RCI was in the far right hand column under Regent Seven Seas and now RCI is on the left...Celebrity was on the far left side now it's in the middle.

Just wondering why the change that I noticed late last night...up until that (yesterday afternoon) the listing were as stated above.

On the Roll Call listing RCI was in the far right hand column under Regent Seven Seas and now RCI is on the left...Celebrity was on the far left side now it's in the middle.

Just wondering why the change that I noticed late last night...up until that (yesterday afternoon) the listing were as stated above.

on.

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum & merged with OP's existing thread.

24 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just wondering why the change that I noticed late last night...up until that (yesterday afternoon) the listing were as stated above.

on.

The reason it moved is that Atlas Ocean Voyages was added, and it comes before RCI in alphabetical order, thus moving everything coming after it. It will stay put until a new line that comes before RCI in the alphabet is added.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

A new entity was added.

Because the list is in alpha order, every other entry then moved over (or down) a spot. The new entry starts with an "A" so just about every other cruise line will have shifted.

There are three listing groups all starting with "A"...why? And shouldn't RCI have just stayed on the right hand side under Regent? But I do appreciate your answer. Just seems like a weird move.

40 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The reason it moved is that Atlas Ocean Voyages was added, and it comes before RCI in alphabetical order, thus moving everything coming after it. It will stay put until a new line that comes before RCI in the alphabet is added.

Under the Roll Call there are 3 lists all starting with "A" why? Shouldn't RCI have just stayed on the right under Regent ?

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

There are three listing groups all starting with "A"...why? And shouldn't RCI have just stayed on the right hand side under Regent? But I do appreciate your answer. Just seems like a weird move.

The alpha order goes by row (across) not by column (down)....

5 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The lines are alphabetical, with 3 across (on a desktop; pn a phone there are only 2 across). To leave RCI where it was would take them out of alphabetical order. 

Hmmm...My desk top shows three across....all starting with "A" so why ?

34 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...My desk top shows three across....all starting with "A" so why ?

Because there are 3 cruise lines beginning with A. If there were 4 beginning with A then the second row would have an A in the first column.

Before they added Atlas Ocean Voyages there were only 2 beginning with A, and the third column had the first C (Carnival). When they added in Atlas Ocean Voyages it pushed everything except AIDA to the next position, which could mean to the next row.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

No, it's not three listing groups.

It's just one single alphabetical list, but the list reads across the page - AIDA, Atlas, Azamara - before going down to the next line Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, then the next line Cruise & Maritime, Crystal, Cunard, etc. 

All in alphabetical order.

When another cruise line is added into the mix,  all cruise lines which are alphabetically later will move to the right & the right-hand one will move down to take the left column on the next line

At a grocery shop near me the customer has to enter their car reg number onto a keypad for free parking. Normally such keypads are alphabetical / numerical across the screen then down to the next line - easy - but on that one it's laid out down the screen then across to the next column - takes me twice as long to figure. 

If you still can't figure it, try lying your desktop on its side  😉

JB 🙂

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Cheesepleese said:

Hi,

I noticed a change in the roll call section also as I look into the Celebrity roll call. It's moved over one column. I notice however that there is an Atlas world voyage roll call has been added that I did not see before? Thinking that is in line for keeping roll calls in alphabetical order. 

My observations anyway. Hope that helps.

Bill

Yes, we added a new Roll Call forum for Atlas Ocean Voyages -- which means it will move all the others once "place" since it is arranged alphabetically in columns.