Jump to content

Regatta update


USNA 72
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Received this this AM:

 

I would like to provide an important update about Regatta’s upcoming voyages to Japan, Asia, and Australia for the 2021-2022 season. Due to a forecasted lack of port availability at this time, we are cancelling all of Regatta’s scheduled voyage departures from October 2, 2021 through February 18, 2022. 

These cancellations only affect sailings scheduled to call in Japan, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Regatta’s voyages in Polynesia will sail as scheduled and in fact, we are adding three new Tahiti sailings in February 2022. We will share the details on these itineraries, which will open for sale on July 28th.

Guests and advisors with impacted bookings will be individually notified via email.

Edited by USNA 72
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • USNA 72 changed the title to Regatta update
Posted (edited)

This is the last of the 28 NCLH ships to have schedule updated; now just need to see how they handle Insignia and Mariner World Cruise stops in NZ/OZ.

 

Marc

 

PS Of course these three new Regatta FP itineraries are in the peak of the rainy season.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the update... Was checking my 21Jan2022 AKL-SYD itinerary & it wouldn't come up. Figured this might have happened.

 

Told my travel agent just yesterday that with NZL closed to all international travelers thru 31Dec2021 my money was on this happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks for update - not unexpected but at least we know. We were booked on the Tokyo to Singapore  cruise departing 28 October 2021 on board Regatta but the booking details have been removed from our Oceania Account and no longer show as a booked or future cruise

Edited by Rhinom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, edgee said:

Next shoe to drop will likely be 2021/2022 Marina South America/Antarctica itineraries. 

You’re likely right. My Jan 2022 Regent BsAs to San Antonio Chile itin was canceled about 5 weeks ago. Still waiting for my deposit refund……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instead of waiting for O to cancel I did it myself ahead of payment/penalty date for January 2022 Marina Antarctica cruise. Amazed that my deposit and shore excursion purchases were refunded within a few days. Maybe process is faster if you cancel on your own vs. waiting for cruise line to cancel the itinerary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, edgee said:

Instead of waiting for O to cancel I did it myself ahead of payment/penalty date for January 2022 Marina Antarctica cruise. Amazed that my deposit and shore excursion purchases were refunded within a few days. Maybe process is faster if you cancel on your own vs. waiting for cruise line to cancel the itinerary.

 

I canceled that cruise a little while back.  I received my deposit back within the week.  Don't post that you canceled on the roll call though, one of the members is quite touchy about that.    I actually hope that it goes.  If I bailed needlessly, that is okay with me. I wish a good trip for all.  

Edited by KS&JW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leaving tomorrow for a cruise on a different line that chooses to cruise. Oceania canceled my November 21 Nautica cruise for their convenience. If Oceania cancels my January 22 SA cruise, I cancel all my remaining Oceania cruises. Travel guides in Chile, Falklands, and Argentina all say they’ll be open by December. Brazil is questionable, but my cruise doesn’t go there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Leaving tomorrow for a cruise on a different line that chooses to cruise. Oceania canceled my November 21 Nautica cruise for their convenience. If Oceania cancels my January 22 SA cruise, I cancel all my remaining Oceania cruises. Travel guides in Chile, Falklands, and Argentina all say they’ll be open by December. Brazil is questionable, but my cruise doesn’t go there.

I hope you are correct that things will be open in S.A. by end of year but what in the world do you expect travel guides to say? Of course they are going to paint a rosy picture. They do not want folks cancelling. One reason we chose to proactively cancel is that we feel that if tourism does go forward in S.A. it could still be operated under a mask mandate at all port stops. That would be a deal breaker for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Leaving tomorrow for a cruise on a different line that chooses to cruise. Oceania canceled my November 21 Nautica cruise for their convenience. If Oceania cancels my January 22 SA cruise, I cancel all my remaining Oceania cruises. Travel guides in Chile, Falklands, and Argentina all say they’ll be open by December. Brazil is questionable, but my cruise doesn’t go there.

Do you really think they wanted to cancel the cruises and keep their ships empty...Please

Jancruz1

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Do you really think they wanted to cancel the cruises and keep their ships empty...Please

Jancruz1

Jan;

 

While I often reported that Nautica cruises to India, and beyond, we’re obviously problematic, the scheduled Nautica cruises in the Med and through to Dubai were not. Oceania could have done those cruises, into Jan 22, then went to dry dock for the Next refurbishments, then sold the new replacement cruises they now have planned . For their convenience they canceled all cruises on the Nautica through June including those in the Med where other lines are sailing.

 

On a personal note, that cruise was my second straight Oceania cancellation of that itinerary. If Oceania cancels our January Marina cruise, it will likewise be our second straight cancellation of that itinerary. Bad carma, bad juju to book a third a straight itinerary on the same ship. Something needs to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Jan;

 

While I often reported that Nautica cruises to India, and beyond, we’re obviously problematic, the scheduled Nautica cruises in the Med and through to Dubai were not. Oceania could have done those cruises, into Jan 22, then went to dry dock for the Next refurbishments, then sold the new replacement cruises they now have planned . For their convenience they canceled all cruises on the Nautica through June including those in the Med where other lines are sailing.

 

On a personal note, that cruise was my second straight Oceania cancellation of that itinerary. If Oceania cancels our January Marina cruise, it will likewise be our second straight cancellation of that itinerary. Bad carma, bad juju to book a third a straight itinerary on the same ship. Something needs to change.

I do understand your feeling believe me we are not having any fun either..but they are doing for a reason not just because they feel like it..this whole situation is just really unfortunate for all of us that love cruising..

Jancruz1

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

While I often reported that Nautica cruises to India, and beyond, we’re obviously problematic, the scheduled Nautica cruises in the Med and through to Dubai were not.

Did you think Oceania were going to pay, and then add on a very large passenger surcharge, for a double Suez transit just for your cruise and perhaps one other ?

One ship has to be the last cab off the rank, and it appears that is going to be Nautica.

 

Agreed, it's frustrating, but Oceania can only do so much with the cards it is being dealt.

Vaccine inequality was always going to problematic for many countries this year.

 

PS: I don't know how many revenue cruise ships on any line are scheduled to do a Suez transit this year, but I think those who actually do so will be very easy to count come 31st Dec.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...