Cruise line price ranking

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

A friend of ours has either a 4 or 5 night out of PC next month including the drink package for $600  He is going solo

As far as I know these solo deals are in 1A cabins. Used to be solo cabins on carnival. One bed mostly, not double. Not a balcony as above. 

Yes I'm also doing the 1A deals on breeze, only one with cheers. Cheers disappeared before I added 2nd leg... but that's why I grabbed it. 

I also have rcl solo pricing dec 2021, jan and feb 2022 and into march 2022. Just as good as your friend who i assume is in a 1A. Hey i dont care where i am much. Just saying apples to apples. My rcl thru next march is 7 days $650 to $1004 (aft corner). 

I had a rcl hump for 887 total last one cancelled, solo pricing. Sad to lose it. 

If i see a solo pricing deal I'm there. I think carnival did those 1A solo deals to get vaccinated adults replacing families. Fill up the cancellations. I grabbed breeze that way. 

Lol what I want is a rate with unlimited pay dining!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drsel said:

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/how-much-does-a-cruise-cost/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=win_a_disney_cruise_for_four_people&utm_term=2021-07-08

The table below shows the average price for a 7-night Caribbean cruise (excluding flights) in a balcony cabin (per person, based on two people sharing).

The price of the drinks package and gratuities are included to enable a fair comparison with those cruise lines which include these in their basic fare.

Note --MSC gratuities are included for UK bookings.

Surprisingly, Royal Caribbean works out more expensive than its own premium line Celebrity ( after including the gratuities and drinks package) !

Cruise line Cruise fare Gratuities Drinks package Total
Costa Cruises $900 (£685) $88 (£67) $308 (£237) $1296 (£989)
MSC Cruises $988 (£750) included $427 (£324) $1415 (£1074)
Carnival $963 (£730) $98 (£74) $364 (£276) $1425 (£1080)
P&O Cruises $1280 (£1000) included $358 (£280) $1638 (£1280)
Princess Cruises $1153 (£900) $102 (£80) $420 (£328) $1675 (£1305)
Marella $1670 (£1300) included included $1670 (£1300)
Celebrity Cruises $1670 (£1300) included included $1670 (£1300)
Royal Caribbean $1150
(£900)
$102 (£80) $483 (£377) $1735 (£1351)
Norwegian Cruise Line $1359 (£1059) $109 (£85) $693 (£542) $2161 (£1686)
Disney Cruise Line $2550
(£2000)
$95 (£74) not available $2645 (£2074)

Everytime I priced out Norwegian in the past even before the Covid no sail, Norwegian was always the highest even with all of the free this and that.  Freestyle does not come free. Royal was always   higher compared to Celebrity and Princess which is why I sailed on them more.  I agree with this pricing chart

Were these the same itinerary, dates, and ship size? You can get a wide difference in price depending on those points. Would need to see the exact cruise they priced on those elements before I gave it much validity.

26 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Were these the same itinerary, dates, and ship size? You can get a wide difference in price depending on those points. Would need to see the exact cruise they priced on those elements before I gave it much validity.

Exactly, too many variables..

56 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Itinerary is important to match but ship size varies among the lines so I wouldn't include that in the equation if I was looking for the best price.

As soon as your results show X being cheaper than RCL, you should throw out your methodology and start over. I’m not going to spend too much thinking about what they got wrong, but my guess is they are looking mostly at list prices and not taking into account that you can usually find great deals and sales at RCL. 

14 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

As soon as your results show X being cheaper than RCL, you should throw out your methodology and start over. I’m not going to spend too much thinking about what they got wrong, but my guess is they are looking mostly at list prices and not taking into account that you can usually find great deals and sales at RCL. 

The model was based on buying the drinks package at almost $500 each and a balcony it says.

Of course many are happy with the free drinks, not everyone drinks a lot...that's where it goes wrong imo. The person who did it probably wasnt aware of drink vouchers many use and it's enough. So adding in 1k .. made rcl more expensive than most. I dont even drink every day when I can on a cruise lol. 

Not a drinker, I drink a lot of water, will have an occasional Pedro Collins in the Schooner, but the drink package ‘value adds’ are lost on me as Diamond I don’t even use my drinks all the time.

Royal hits the sweet spot, like others I will do X based on itinerary and price and have no desire to go on Carnival at any price, will probably also cancel my Princess cruise, simply because it’s not X or Royal

I would put (from that list) Disney first, then Celebrity, then the rest.   The analysis is really warped the way they do it and doesn't reflect the realities of what financial decisions cruisers are dealing with when booking  their cruises.

3 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I would put (from that list) Disney first, then Celebrity, then the rest.   The analysis is really warped the way they do it and doesn't reflect the realities of what financial decisions cruisers are dealing with when booking  their cruises.

What are the financial decisions that cruisers are dealing with?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

What are the financial decisions that cruisers are dealing with?

Mine is I live in texas and it's a lot more trouble to fly. I dont even go out if new orleans any more I decided. So only 2 choices for now.

Later I might fly but it takes more planning. I just want to get on a ship easiest way.

9 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

7 days - four people in a balcony. Premium DP, WiFi, grats for 2, and $300 OBC - $4079. 

The ones I have looked at lately were all higher than Royal. Yours looks like a good price so I guess I should look a little harder.

14 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

That was interesting and confirms what I’ve noticed for years, that Royal Caribbean does typically charge more than other mass market cruise lines. 

I think with the chart assuming you pay for a drink package that its only relevant if you drink a lot. I have seen those huge accounts from people who drink a lot so it might be typical of cruisers idk. Do most cruisers drink that much?

I do have drinks the next 2 cruises paid for. We will see if I drink a lot more.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, drsel said:

The price of the drinks package and gratuities are included to enable a fair comparison with those cruise lines which include these in their basic fare.

Assuming that drinks package includes alcohol, that may not be as 'fair' as it seems at first. Years ago, I learned that when comparing computers (say, a Mac to a PC), if you take one rather specialized one already sold as a package, and you take a different one from a competitor and pick a range of custom choices trying to match the first, the first computer has the advantage.

And so it is here. I imagine 'included drinks' looks like a real 'win' for some people. Neither I nor our school age child drink alcohol, and my wife might have a very few margaritas on a week-long cruise. To me, an included drink package with alcohol is worse than useless...I'm subsidizing other peoples' alcohol use.

On the other hand, I drink a lot of diet soda and love free-style machines. Included soda package sounds nice to me...but do people who don't drink soda want to share to cost of my 'habit?' 

At least lines who don't bundle drinks packages with alcohol give us a choice. Those who do are basically telling me 'You'll buy alcohol whether you drink it or not.' Judging from package prices, alcohol is pricy. 

18 hours ago, sfaaa said:

No brainer. MSC offers the best deal most of the time.

Exactly! that is why I feel that they have the potential to not only put the competition out of business, but also become world number 1 soon.