Help! Booking changes (Name change) and (No show)

Hi there,

We are experienced cruisers but have not sailed on Carnival in some time.

We have a family reunion booked for Nov 4 to Mexico on Miracle and have some changes to bookings.

Cabins were booked through travel agent, but I would like to ask others who have experience with this on this board before calling travel agent or Carnival.

Over the last couple days we have had some changes that we need to make to bookings.

We have balcony rooms booked that are together on same deck, so we do not want to cancel and make a new booking if this can be avoided.

MY BROTHER IN LAW PAID $150 PER CABIN ON HIS CREDIT CARD FOR EACH STATEROOM.

(Cancelation fee is $50 per person) Final payment is August, 2021.

1. One of the couples can no longer join us. There is another couple who would like to take their cabin.

Q. DOES CARNIVAL ALLOW NAME CHANGES PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT?  This would be the easiest and best option if allowed.

2. My niece is booked in a cabin with her best friend...they are no longer speaking. 

Q. CAN MY NIECE STAY IN HER ASSIGNED CABIN WITHOUT PENALTIES?

IS THE BEST OPTION TO HAVE THE FRIEND AS A NO SHOW RATHER THAN CANCEL THE FRIEND FROM THE RESERVATION?

Thank you for your help!

Name changes, if early saver could run 50 pp  but that depends on rate code. Have to leave one original in the cabin. That one will be tricky but if you call and make some covid excuses might be able to work it out. Dont wait.

Your niece can stay in the cabin. Just have her friend be a no show. The extra fare will get port taxes and fees refunded after the cruise automatically to the credit card that paid. You dont have to do anything.

One thing to note, you stated you booked through a travel agent.  Carnival will likely not allow YOU to make any changes because you booked with a TA.  You would have to have your TA contact them to request the necessary changes.

Also depends on the TA and if they might be able to get a room reassigned to two totally new people.  Just depends on what agent they get and if they are a stickler for the rules.

This is one reason I won't use a TA, want to have control of my own booking.  And also a reason why I love my PVP, he would get this all changed for me and most likely get any change fees waived to boot!