Harmony conformed to resume sailing from Barcelona

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

This is the big issue. Looking at the uk gov website it looks like the cruise port of calls are classed as transit stops. Even if you do not get off. Once back in uk you must follow the traffic light rule system for the country in the worst colour, so red or amber. 

So the way i read it at the mo, the stop in france would result in UK passengers, even of you didnt get off having to isolate when home 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Why stopping in France, when you fly directly to/from BCN?

4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

This is the big issue. Looking at the uk gov website it looks like the cruise port of calls are classed as transit stops. Even if you do not get off. Once back in uk you must follow the traffic light rule system for the country in the worst colour, so red or amber. 

So the way i read it at the mo, the stop in france would result in UK passengers, even of you didnt get off having to isolate when home 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

That’s how I read it as well, so many rules keep changing! 

One minute they say we can travel to Amber if we are jabbed now they change France to its own category! 

3 hours ago, zjc said:

That’s how I read it as well, so many rules keep changing! 

One minute they say we can travel to Amber if we are jabbed now they change France to its own category! 

If any spain, france or italy stay amber we wont be going on the 29th aug. Just too much if one goes to red. 

On the plus side we got an email back from rcl saying no masks by pool or on sunbeds........not that i have any faith in their customer services.

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If any spain, france or italy stay amber we wont be going on the 29th aug. Just too much if one goes to red. 

On the plus side we got an email back from rcl saying no masks by pool or on sunbeds........not that i have any faith in their customer services.

With France already on this Amber+ rules me out as I can’t do 10 days quarantine due to work.

considering changing to Anthem out of Southampton but fancy something different than U.K. Ports and U.K. weather!

2 minutes ago, zjc said:

With France already on this Amber+ rules me out as I can’t do 10 days quarantine due to work.

considering changing to Anthem out of Southampton but fancy something different than U.K. Ports and U.K. weather!

I agree not interested in uk cruises. Also the prices are simply silly, compaired to what i have paid including flights for Harmony

Also interestingly, the app is currently showing Harmony doing two "non-rev it test cruises", the first being 7 nights round trip Rome to Rome, 25 July to 1 August,  and the second 7 nights Rome to Barcelona, 1 August to 8 August. After that there's a week blank before the first scheduled revenue cruise on 15 August. 

There has been some changes to the teating requirements and excursion s on Harmony.

Mid cruise and pre getting off the ship testing is now 12+

Vaccinated parents can now get off and leave their unvac children in kids club. Any unvac including kids must still book a rc excursion.

For us UK cruisers with children. Under 10s do not need a going home test. But all over 2 need a PCR test before day two after arrival in uk. Can be booked on gov website and anywhere from £30 - £100 per person.

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

36 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Also interestingly, the app is currently showing Harmony doing two "non-rev it test cruises", the first being 7 nights round trip Rome to Rome, 25 July to 1 August,  and the second 7 nights Rome to Barcelona, 1 August to 8 August. After that there's a week blank before the first scheduled revenue cruise on 15 August. 

What app is this? I have the royal app but dosnt say much tbh

16 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Will there Be guests on board the test Cruises....

We are on the Cruise 15. August from Barcelona

I don't know but I would guess not. They're probably preparatory crew training sailings prior to the first passengers boarding on the 15th.

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

What app is this? I have the royal app but dosnt say much tbh

It's the royal app. At the bottom of the initial select your sailing page there is a link that says "Get more details on ships we support". Click on that and scroll down to Harmony. You will get a list of her sailings over the next few months and the first two are the ones I mentioned. 

Unfortunately for those who are due to sail from Rome starting in September, the royal app is unable to handle interporting so only Barcelona departures are shown since that is the "main" departure port for the western Med itinerary. 

7 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Then We Will Be the first REAL guests. Just like to Be on a Virgin Cruise....

But on a ship We know Very Well. How funny

It would be a great help for those of us sailing later if you could post about your experience, if you have the time and inclination. 😊

4 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Interesting, Harmony is currently in Limassol, where Radiance is heading to and due in 19 July and Navigator is heading in that direction and due in 21 July. Maybe crew change?

I saw some posts on IG from crew boarding the Harmony in Limassol and entering the 2 week quarantine onboard.

steamboats

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Pretty unlikely that these are real test cruises. All other test cruises have been 2 or 3 nights only and only one. So either it´s a glitch in the app or those are full charters - but my bet it the first.

Jewel did a 2 nighter prior to the first cruise. I saw at least one German travel agency on this cruise. So if they are doing a non revenue cruise it might be more a  2 or 3 nighter.

Plus there is crew which just boarded and they still have to perform their 14 day quarantine. This would interfere with the first date (July 25th) and also the second one.

steamboats

56 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

I Will do my Very Best to report How life is on board Harmony the 15. Th august

Will be following you.  We were on the Apex first voyage back in June 19 and it was a great experience.  Still, keep an eye on Barcelona's numbers, right now I'm watching the Spanish news and is not looking good. Hope they get it under control soon https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/16/spain-curfew-restored-in-catalonia-as-covid-19-cases-soar

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-07-16/hospital-admissions-of-covid-19-patients-double-in-two-weeks-in-spain.html

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Pretty unlikely that these are real test cruises. All other test cruises have been 2 or 3 nights only and only one. So either it´s a glitch in the app or those are full charters - but my bet it the first.

Jewel did a 2 nighter prior to the first cruise. I saw at least one German travel agency on this cruise. So if they are doing a non revenue cruise it might be more a  2 or 3 nighter.

Plus there is crew which just boarded and they still have to perform their 14 day quarantine. This would interfere with the first date (July 25th) and also the second one.

steamboats

I don't think they're test cruises as such either. I do think they might be intended as training cruises for the crew but it's very possible they're combining that with the quarantine period for newly embarked crew members. I reckon if there is going to be a test cruise with passengers on it, it would be during the week that's "missing" on the app, from the 8th to the 15th of August.

@FionaMG as I said before the Jewel of the Seas did a 2 nights test cruise with invited passengers to train the crew. That might be possible for the Harmony too but not a week long cruise. 2 or 3 nights not more.

And quarantine means that the crew has to stay for 14 days isolated in a cabin (usually they do get passenger cabins with balcony for this). They can´t train the crew during quarantine as they are not allowed to leave the cabin. Only online trainings are possible.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats