Harmony conformed to resume sailing from Barcelona

56 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

I Will do my Very Best to report How life is on board Harmony the 15. Th august

Will be following you.  We were on the Apex first voyage back in June 19 and it was a great experience.  Still, keep an eye on Barcelona's numbers, right now I'm watching the Spanish news and is not looking good. Hope they get it under control soon https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/16/spain-curfew-restored-in-catalonia-as-covid-19-cases-soar

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-07-16/hospital-admissions-of-covid-19-patients-double-in-two-weeks-in-spain.html

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Pretty unlikely that these are real test cruises. All other test cruises have been 2 or 3 nights only and only one. So either it´s a glitch in the app or those are full charters - but my bet it the first.

Jewel did a 2 nighter prior to the first cruise. I saw at least one German travel agency on this cruise. So if they are doing a non revenue cruise it might be more a  2 or 3 nighter.

Plus there is crew which just boarded and they still have to perform their 14 day quarantine. This would interfere with the first date (July 25th) and also the second one.

steamboats

I don't think they're test cruises as such either. I do think they might be intended as training cruises for the crew but it's very possible they're combining that with the quarantine period for newly embarked crew members. I reckon if there is going to be a test cruise with passengers on it, it would be during the week that's "missing" on the app, from the 8th to the 15th of August.

Posted (edited)

@FionaMG as I said before the Jewel of the Seas did a 2 nights test cruise with invited passengers to train the crew. That might be possible for the Harmony too but not a week long cruise. 2 or 3 nights not more.

And quarantine means that the crew has to stay for 14 days isolated in a cabin (usually they do get passenger cabins with balcony for this). They can´t train the crew during quarantine as they are not allowed to leave the cabin. Only online trainings are possible.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats