Jump to content

Upcoming Virtuosa cruise- odd communication?


dritan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi

I'm booked on the 3 night London to Liverpool cruise on 31st July.

I have previously had a specific cabin but in a reissue of my paper work via email today, this has changed to Interior but with no cabin.

I've emailed for clarification but as that might take some time, I wonder if any other Virtuosa passengers had this? Of course I'm a bit worried that its a precursor to cancellation.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same happened to me on my last cruise with MSC, they are moving your cabin, however the automated email seems to be over eager at sending emails out. You will get another one in a couple of days with your new cabin number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We went to guarantee twice and had 4 different cabin numbers in total! If they are still sailing at reduced capacity you may end up with a free upgrade, lots of people have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had the same happened to us also sailing on 31st July - hopefully! Our allocated balcony cabin has changed to guarantee. 

 

Can only assume it is linked to the government announcement yesterday that cruise ships to sail at 50% max capacity for the foreseeable future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BGIBOY said:

Just had the same happened to us also sailing on 31st July - hopefully! Our allocated balcony cabin has changed to guarantee. 

 

Can only assume it is linked to the government announcement yesterday that cruise ships to sail at 50% max capacity for the foreseeable future. 

Us too, changed to guarantee, then changed on the App to a room that we're not happy with (too far forward). Dining also changed from late to early - not happy with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads Colsky, will take a look on the app and check the dining. We like Late Dining as give the wife and I some peace and quiet whilst kids go to their club!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like that's the usual game they are playing.

Had booked a SD3 Aurea, Party of 5, on Seashore....

They changed to one Fantastica guarantee

Finally we got 2 YCP, but one with Aurea and one with Fantastica Experience...no idea how this will work....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, colsky said:

Us too, changed to guarantee, then changed on the App to a room that we're not happy with (too far forward). Dining also changed from late to early - not happy with this.

All the dining has been 'anytime' so far. We booked late, all the paperwork said early and then there were no set times onboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BGIBOY said:

Can only assume it is linked to the government announcement yesterday that cruise ships to sail at 50% max capacity for the foreseeable future. 

I don't think its for the foreseeable future, I think its only up until the 19th July change. After that date, are we then back to 100% capacity!!

 

This is per the government website:

Roadmap step 4

It is expected that England will move to Step 4 on 19 July, though the data will be reviewed after 2 weeks in case the risks have reduced.

By step 4, the government hopes to remove all legal limits on social contact. This includes removing guidance concerning capacity limits for domestic cruises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, kernow said:

All the dining has been 'anytime' so far. We booked late, all the paperwork said early and then there were no set times onboard.


This sailing (3rd July from Southampton) there has been set dining times in the MDR unlike when we were on in May. We had requested late sitting but were allocated early. Had it changed easily enough the first day on board.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colsky said:

Us too, changed to guarantee, then changed on the App to a room that we're not happy with (too far forward). Dining also changed from late to early - not happy with this.

Tried phoning them to enquire about the room change and to complain. 1 hour 20 minutes on hold, then someone answered - hooray!  Explained the issue to the lady, and was then cut off - boooo! I understand that's not uncommon when trying to phone MSC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, colsky said:

Us too, changed to guarantee, then changed on the App to a room that we're not happy with (too far forward). Dining also changed from late to early - not happy with this.

The same for us too.
We are on the 17 July sailing. I originally spent time choosing and booking an inside cabin I liked the position of, and chose late dining.

Last week our cabin changed to inside guarantee and dining changed to early dining. So frustrating.

We have now been allocated another inside cabin, that I’m OK with (won’t bother complaining), but I asked my travel agent to ask MSC to change our dining preference back to late, which they have done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Notts1964 said:

The same for us too.
We are on the 17 July sailing. I originally spent time choosing and booking an inside cabin I liked the position of, and chose late dining.

Last week our cabin changed to inside guarantee and dining changed to early dining. So frustrating.

We have now been allocated another inside cabin, that I’m OK with (won’t bother complaining), but I asked my travel agent to ask MSC to change our dining preference back to late, which they have done.

We are on the 17th July sailing too. Just check the msc app and our inside has been changed from midship to right at the back (aft).

 

I was hoping for an upgrade from the upgrade fairy not a downgrade! We chose the midship inside cabin right by the lifts not just for less chance of severe sea motion but because we have an autistic daughter who likes to run off a lot and having a cabin by the lift would have made things less stressful all round.

 

Should I contact msc now or leave it for a few days in the hope we get moved again?

 

Coincidently our early dining stayed early dining which is a small comfort to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nyk24 said:

We are on the 17th July sailing too. Just check the msc app and our inside has been changed from midship to right at the back (aft).

 

I was hoping for an upgrade from the upgrade fairy not a downgrade! We chose the midship inside cabin right by the lifts not just for less chance of severe sea motion but because we have an autistic daughter who likes to run off a lot and having a cabin by the lift would have made things less stressful all round.

 

Should I contact msc now or leave it for a few days in the hope we get moved again?

 

Coincidently our early dining stayed early dining which is a small comfort to us.

To be honest, I was hoping for an upgrade, when it changed to guarantee, so was going to wait for a while to see what happened. Unfortunately we’re still in an inside, but still mid ship one floor higher, we were moved from deck 10 to deck 11. I am therefore OK with the change. 
If the change has adversely affected you, I personally would contact MSC to request a mid ship cabin because of your daughter (I suppose you could leave it a few days just in case it does change again). There must be lots of empty cabins, so I’m sure they could do something.

This is the first time a cruise line has changed my named cabin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Notts1964 thanks for the advice.

 

Someone on my roll call had their rooms changed too and when they complained msc said there was nothing they could do.

 

That does not mean I am not going to try but I will wait to say tuesday or wednesday before complaining just in case there is another round of musical chairs!

 

We have had an upgrade before on carnival but we did not know until we paid a visit to the maitre D on boarding the ship lol, so this could pan out any number of ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nyk24 said:

@Notts1964 thanks for the advice.

 

Someone on my roll call had their rooms changed too and when they complained msc said there was nothing they could do.

 

That does not mean I am not going to try but I will wait to say tuesday or wednesday before complaining just in case there is another round of musical chairs!

 

We have had an upgrade before on carnival but we did not know until we paid a visit to the maitre D on boarding the ship lol, so this could pan out any number of ways.

Well we’ve just been moved again...... arrrgh!

We’re now as far aft as we could possibly be, still in an inside. It also says our preference is for early dining AGAIN. We’ve now told them 3 times that our preference is for late dining.

Like you, I’m just going to leave it until Wednesday to see where we are, and consider whether to complain or not then.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

Well we’ve just been moved again...... arrrgh!

We’re now as far aft as we could possibly be, still in an inside. It also says our preference is for early dining AGAIN. We’ve now told them 3 times that our preference is for late dining.

Like you, I’m just going to leave it until Wednesday to see where we are, and consider whether to complain or not then.  

That is so annoying, but I have heard of passengers having 4 cabin number changes before sailing! Definitely wait to tuesday or wednesday before you contact msc or.your TA. Tuesday is usually also the day msc's IT department fixes glitches, so it makes sense to wait to at least tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on the 24th July cruise and woke up this morning to the MSC musical cabins game, fortunately same location just 3 decks lower which probably suits us anyway. Also moved from late to early dining which we definitely don’t want, but it looks like that is the default for all. Not wishing to have another 1 hour listening to the MSC on hold music unless i have to, I’ll probably leave changing it back until onboard, after all they sell Fantastica as choose your dining time so I expect all will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re dining time, I would say don't worry about it. We got late and prefer early. Just go to Restaurant manager and ask for a change. We got off today. On boarding day arranged this in the afternoon. No free dining as lots more on board. Tables spaced out though which is nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of fantastica guys, am pretty sure I am right in saying this, but an inside located right at the back (literally) is a bella cabin and not a fantastica? So, looks like we have been downgraded experience wise (in part) too as we got moved from midship fantastica inside to a bella aft??

 

I have heard folks say that in the t&c's that msc can change your cabin number but for the life of me I cannot find this stipulation when i try and read through the t&c's myself on their site. Am I going blind??

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nyk24 said:

Speaking of fantastica guys, am pretty sure I am right in saying this, but an inside located right at the back (literally) is a bella cabin and not a fantastica? So, looks like we have been downgraded experience wise (in part) too as we got moved from midship fantastica inside to a bella aft??

 

I have heard folks say that in the t&c's that msc can change your cabin number but for the life of me I cannot find this stipulation when i try and read through the t&c's myself on their site. Am I going blind??

 

 

I checked our cabin on the deck plan, and our inside cabin completely aft on deck 12 is actually fantastica. On lower levels they are Bella, so it depends which deck you are on.

I can’t believe they are allowed to downgrade you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ours has been changed now too, from a FB aft cabin on deck 13, which we were really excited about to a midship FB on deck 12. Not the end of the world but really disappointing. 
 

We are on the four day Sou-Greenock and currently waiting for a decision from the SG, so I’m wondering if MSC are assuming we’re not gonna be able to sail anyway 😞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally found where msc.say in their t's & c's that they can change your cabin number.

 

Its clause 14.2

 

Now, if it is classed as significant change then you are entitled to compensation.

 

How much I don't know but you can bet your bottom dollar that our move from a midship cabin to an aft cabin will not be seen as a significant change, even though it is when you have a young child with special needs that needs a.cabin near a lift.

 

Anyway, lets hope.msc sort this mess out eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...