Kroooz-cams???

CTKath

Don't know where to put this question, so I'm dropping it here.  Please feel free to move it Admin.

So, now with the start up of cruising (Yay!) I'm enjoying the few port cameras on PortCams.com.  What I am missing is ALL of the cameras around the world that Kroooz-cams has(d).  The website doesn't seem to be operational.  Does anyone know anything about it?

TIA!

7 minutes ago, CTKath said:

Don't know where to put this question, so I'm dropping it here.  Please feel free to move it Admin.

So, now with the start up of cruising (Yay!) I'm enjoying the few port cameras on PortCams.com.  What I am missing is ALL of the cameras around the world that Kroooz-cams has(d).  The website doesn't seem to be operational.  Does anyone know anything about it?

TIA!

Back in 2019, long before the pandemic and the halt of all cruises, there were several Krooz cams that weren't working. I don't recall ever seeing any "official" explanation about it, but I suspect it may have been due to needing an upgrade in the transmission equipment on certain ships. If that is so, I doubt that we'll see any improvements any time soon. Since there have been no cruises for the last 15+ months, and no money coming in to the cruise lines, it will probably be a while before we see the Krooz cams come back on line. I suspect that that's pretty low on each of the cruise lines list of priorities right now. 

The reason is that the owner of the website died.  His sister kept it going for awhile but I suspect she wasn't versed in updating it.  She was either going to sell it or close it down.  So I suspect it is in limbo.  There is another cam forum but I can't link to it because it also had forums (which I never use).  Google CRUISIN.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The reason is that the owner of the website died.  His sister kept it going for awhile but I suspect she wasn't versed in updating it

I have experienced that with another website.  The owner passed and his Sister said that she would try to keep it going.  The last that I checked, the website existed, but nothing new had been added for quite some time.  

Howdy y'all!  emo22.gif

Here is an oldie but goodie Cruise Critic article that some may find interesting. It was last updated January 08, 2020.

Cruise Webcams to Watch Right Now (cruisecritic.com)

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

On 7/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, CTKath said:

TIA!

Is it portcams.com?? All that pulls up is godaddy domain thing