Jump to content

Choice Air has notified that Austrian Air changed our out bound flights on October 19, 2021for our cruise on the Quest.


tyler6597
 Share

Recommended Posts

The only problem with this is that the Quest departs from Venice at 6 PM and the second leg of our flight from Vienna to Venice gets in at 6:30 pm. Opps. What a bunch of idiots they must have at choice air. I would call and talk to them about this but you have to stay on hold for hours. Screw them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Airlines change their flights all the time; you can't really blame that on Choice Air.  Why don't you get on Austrian Air's website and see what flight you can change to that will get you in on time.  Are you flying same day as the cruise leaves??  Always best to fly in a day early simply because of airline changes like this...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Choice Air didn’t change the flight the airline did.  You can take @laurieb suggestion and look into your options and be proactive.  This happened to us and the airline eliminated our flight on Mondays.  We moved to Sunday and did it direct with the airline.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Choice air is the agent.  Doesn't matter if the airline changed the flight and not them. 

Choice air won't let you book flights on disembarkation day before a certain time. Their algorithm...or a person... should have picked this up like it would a 7am flight on disembarkation day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps these notes might be of help in making your trip even more special. Venice is a wonderful place to visit so get there a few days early. Very near the port and train station is Hotel Olimpia, 395 Fondamenta delle Burchielle, Santa Croce, Venezia.  Buy a travel card for the Vaporetto and visit the outer Venice Islands, Burano and Murano.  One vaporetto line runs from Venice to Burano: the 12.  Vaporetto line 3 goes from Piazzale Roma direct to a number of stops on Murano. Line 12 goes from the Faro stop on Murano to Burano

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Choice air is the agent.  Doesn't matter if the airline changed the flight and not them. 

Choice air won't let you book flights on disembarkation day before a certain time. Their algorithm...or a person... should have picked this up like it would a 7am flight on disembarkation day. 

Uh yeah it does. Did it just get changed?  Has choice air had an opportunity to get it fixed?  I’m an agent and have had many flights changed by the airlines. You need a little bit of time to get things corrected. Geesh 

i think some of y’all forget that actual human beings do the grunt work for you. For you!  You need to ease up on your perfection expectations and give these human beings a break 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, where is the port in Venice? We are arriving on a B2B ex Civitavecchia, so it doesn't really matter to us, but having lived in the next city over for 7 years, I have no idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Just out of curiosity, where is the port in Venice? We are arriving on a B2B ex Civitavecchia, so it doesn't really matter to us, but having lived in the next city over for 7 years, I have no idea. 

Never guaranteed as the port authority can change things, but normally Azamara berth at San Basilio in Venice. It’s a great location and an easy walk from the terminal building into Venice, the berth may be a bit away from the terminal building but there’s a small shuttle bus for those who find the walk difficult. There’s a water bus stop right by the terminal building, there’s also vehicle access at the rear of the terminal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, laurieb said:

Airlines change their flights all the time; you can't really blame that on Choice Air.  Why don't you get on Austrian Air's website and see what flight you can change to that will get you in on time.  Are you flying same day as the cruise leaves??  Always best to fly in a day early simply because of airline changes like this...

We're leaving on Oct 18th and arriving in Vienna at 8:40 am on the morning of the 19th of Oct. We were then supposed to leave Vienna at 1:05 and arrive in Venice at 2:10 pm. Plenty of time to get from the airport to the port in Venice. Now they have us leaving Vienna at 5:30 pm and arriving in Venice at 6:35 pm. The ship leaves at 6:00 pm. We did schedule the first leg of the flight from the U.S. to Vienna a day early. I checked the flights leaving Vienna on Austrian air and they don't have any flights leaving going from Vienna to Venice that gets us to Venice in time. I've been on hold with choice air this morning for two hours and finally a agent got on the line to take down my name, number and reservation number so I can get this resolved. I'm sure this problem will be resolved today but it just a unforeseen hassle that I've never had to worry about. This is the first time in probably 35 years of traveling where a airline changes it's departing time and gets us to the cruise port after the ship has left. i will sort this out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Your itinerary is too high risk for me. I would leave on 17th not the 18th. I’ve heard of way too many missed connections and people not making it onboard. And when people do make it onboard tight connections mean missing luggage that takes several days to catch up. Why spoil your cruise for the sake of a night in a hotel in Venice 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

We're leaving on Oct 18th and arriving in Vienna at 8:40 am on the morning of the 19th of Oct. We were then supposed to leave Vienna at 1:05 and arrive in Venice at 2:10 pm. Plenty of time to get from the airport to the port in Venice. Now they have us leaving Vienna at 5:30 pm and arriving in Venice at 6:35 pm. The ship leaves at 6:00 pm. We did schedule the first leg of the flight from the U.S. to Vienna a day early. I checked the flights leaving Vienna on Austrian air and they don't have any flights leaving going from Vienna to Venice that gets us to Venice in time. I've been on hold with choice air this morning for two hours and finally a agent got on the line to take down my name, number and reservation number so I can get this resolved. I'm sure this problem will be resolved today but it just a unforeseen hassle that I've never had to worry about. This is the first time in probably 35 years of traveling where a airline changes it's departing time and gets us to the cruise port after the ship has left. i will sort this out.

I got this sorted out. We just switched the incoming flight with a much better one and will get a four hundred dollar refund. All is good.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, laurieb said:

Airlines change their flights all the time; you can't really blame that on Choice Air.  Why don't you get on Austrian Air's website and see what flight you can change to that will get you in on time.  Are you flying same day as the cruise leaves??  Always best to fly in a day early simply because of airline changes like this...

I will drink to that!

taking a change on a Madrid to BRN ..another cruise line.

 

but one flight only ..one hour 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, laurieb said:

Uh yeah it does. Did it just get changed?  Has choice air had an opportunity to get it fixed?  I’m an agent and have had many flights changed by the airlines. You need a little bit of time to get things corrected. Geesh 

i think some of y’all forget that actual human beings do the grunt work for you. For you!  You need to ease up on your perfection expectations and give these human beings a break 

If I can book with mils I do. If paying I do but arrive in Europe 72 hours early  to enjoy the city..sometimes it is the connecting city like Munich or Paris. Never ever had a ship,book a flight..will be dead before that happens 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...