Recommended pre/post cruise for Rome

Dwight1

When I went cruising last out of Rome 5 years ago I had ample Marriott points to stay center city, but in retirement I don’t have those points any longer. So I need some recommendations of good, fairly reasonable hotel recommendations for a short pre and post cruise  stay for Rome in August, 2022. Thanks!!

Check the ports of call board and also ask on your Roll Call.  We have gotten great hotel recommendation from the Roll Call and have also then arranged transportation to & from the port with other going to the same area.

• Like 1

Our TA recommended Kolbe Hotel.  It was within walking distance to many of

Rome's attractions.  I would highly recommend them!  They arranged for our pickup at the airport, transfer to the port and a Private Vatican tour. 

There are quite a few "Hotel" threads on this forum. I learned quite a bit and did my own research on the web (TripAdvisor).

In October 2018, we stayed at Hotel Damaso and we have booked it again for October 2022. The location is fabulous and we walked everywhere. We did take a cab once because it was very early morning, to reach the Vatican for our early entry tour. But we did walk back to the hotel.

At the hotel, we had the best coffee (regular and decaf) that we have had in our ENTIRE life. And hubby had the best Hot Chocolate he has EVER had.