Jump to content

Horizon 7/10


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Liars Club has been on Carnival for several years.  It is usually held in the Main Showroom.  It is similar to the old TV program To Tell the Truth.  The panel is given an unusual word to explain/define and only one panelist has the correct answer.  The audience votes on who is telling the truth.  With a good group of panelists, it can be quite entertaining.

Edited by TomCruise48
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomCruise48 said:

Liars Club has been on Carnival for several years.  It is usually held in the Main Showroom.  It is similar to the old TV program To Tell the Truth.  The panel is given an unusual word to explain/define and only one panelist has the correct answer.  The audience votes on who is telling the truth.  With a good group oh panelists, it can be quite entertaining.

Thanks Tom, okay 👌 makes sense now. Sounds like it was good on Horizon due to the panel lineup like BlerkOne said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

Liars Club has been on Carnival for several years.  It is usually held in the Main Showroom.  It is similar to the old TV program To Tell the Truth.  The panel is given an unusual word to explain/define and only one panelist has the correct answer.  The audience votes on who is telling the truth.  With a good group of panelists, it can be quite entertaining.


I've never heard of this.  It sounds like a lot of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bdever said:

Is it advertised in the fun times or on hub app?

I noticed it in the What's Happening sheet.

 

From the cruise before - around 28:00 minute

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:


I've never heard of this.  It sounds like a lot of fun.

Have seen it on both Carnival as well as NCL.  Usually has the CD and two comedians as panelists.  Usually very funny.  After Quest, it's my favorite entertainment of the cruise week, with stand up comedy coming in third.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the info.

We're on the Horizon 8 Day ABC. in Sept.

 

Are there any nights they they don't have shows while the ship is in port?

A&C we are in port until 11Pmish Boniare until 5 ish.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Thank you for all the info.

We're on the Horizon 8 Day ABC. in Sept.

 

Are there any nights they they don't have shows while the ship is in port?

A&C we are in port until 11Pmish Boniare until 5 ish.

 

 

 

 

 

Bonaire was cancelled for us July 10th. I don't think they will be open by then. We went to Curacao. I recommend Mambo Beach in Curacao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To @BlerkOneor anyone else that has sailed…how was the debarkation process in Miami?  Just wondering if with less people, it wasn’t as hectic?  I haven’t sailed out of Miami in quite some time and will be in September. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, aquasea said:

Bonaire was cancelled for us July 10th. I don't think they will be open by then. We went to Curacao. I recommend Mambo Beach in Curacao

Bonaire *may* open Sept 1. At least that was the plan before Delta and whatever is going around South America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

To @BlerkOneor anyone else that has sailed…how was the debarkation process in Miami?  Just wondering if with less people, it wasn’t as hectic?  I haven’t sailed out of Miami in quite some time and will be in September. 

Debarkation was smooth for us. Finding our luggage was something else.

 

Diamonds were supposed to meet around 7:30am for priority debarkation. We got there maybe around 8am and walked right off the ship. Immigration and customs consisted of pulling your mask down briefly and if the camera was satisfied off you went. There were a number of stations for that.

 

One of our bags came on the conveyer belt quickly. One came out on the wrong belt. I forget where we found the third and a porter had to go looking for the fourth bag in the back. Actually there is a lot more to the story, but he did finally find to it in an area we never would have had access to. Even the porters hate the luggage system in Miami.

 

If we ever cruise from Miami again I will have GPS tags on the checked luggage. We probably lost an hour over that BS. I imagine most people didn't have issues.

 

I arranged for a day rate at a FLL hotel since we had a late flight, and it was easy to get an Uber to take us there. The hotel then had a shuttle to the airport later that day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

 

I arranged for a day rate at a FLL hotel since we had a late flight, and it was easy to get an Uber to take us there. The hotel then had a shuttle to the airport later that day.

Blerk, which hotel was it and what all was included?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Blerk, which hotel was it and what all was included?

Holiday Inn Express & Suites FLL Davie, Fl. What was included was a clean room from 9am to 3pm, or 4pm for a few more bucks. Cool A/C and decent Internet. Airport shuttle that ran on the hour.  A Wendy's was about a block away or a Waffle House next door. While on the ship I googled FLL day use rooms and there were several websites. I looked a a couple and checked out the hotels and prices, threw a dart and picked one. The website I picked was dayuse.com and just took a chance.

 

If our luggage wasn't an issue, we likely could have snuck into their breakfast area and had a decent meal for free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Blerk, which hotel was it and what all was included?

The night before the cruise we stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites FLL Dania Beach which was pretty nice. Reserved well in advance, it was about half the price of what a later reservation would have cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites FLL Davie, Fl. What was included was a clean room from 9am to 3pm, or 4pm for a few more bucks. Cool A/C and decent Internet. Airport shuttle that ran on the hour.  A Wendy's was about a block away or a Waffle House next door. While on the ship I googled FLL day use rooms and there were several websites. I looked a a couple and checked out the hotels and prices, threw a dart and picked one. The website I picked was dayuse.com and just took a chance.

 

If our luggage wasn't an issue, we likely could have snuck into their breakfast area and had a decent meal for free.

Thanks for the info.  Our flight out of FLL is not until 530, so that would do the trick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Debarkation was smooth for us. Finding our luggage was something else.

 

Diamonds were supposed to meet around 7:30am for priority debarkation. We got there maybe around 8am and walked right off the ship. Immigration and customs consisted of pulling your mask down briefly and if the camera was satisfied off you went. There were a number of stations for that.

 

One of our bags came on the conveyer belt quickly. One came out on the wrong belt. I forget where we found the third and a porter had to go looking for the fourth bag in the back. Actually there is a lot more to the story, but he did finally find to it in an area we never would have had access to. Even the porters hate the luggage system in Miami.

 

If we ever cruise from Miami again I will have GPS tags on the checked luggage. We probably lost an hour over that BS. I imagine most people didn't have issues.

 

I arranged for a day rate at a FLL hotel since we had a late flight, and it was easy to get an Uber to take us there. The hotel then had a shuttle to the airport later that day.

Oh We had issues with our luggage too! We were platinum! We only had one checked luggage and it was taking forever for it to come off. You could not even let one person wait for it on the conveyor belt and the other person wait behind as TSA were yelling to move on or get behind the line. I hate sailing out of Miami because of the luggage system!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...