Gold Level Suite Guest in Diamond Lounge?

My husband and I are diamond level and we are cruising on Freedom on 8/27 in a 2 bdrm grand suite with my sister who is a gold level.  As the Concierge Lounge is closed, and she is in a suite, will she be able to accompany us to the Diamond Lounge?

Also, does anyone know if the coffee machines will be available in the Diamond Lounge?

The suites lounge on Freedom is closed ?  She would not be eligible for the DL since she's not yet a D member but I would be very surprised if there isn't a lounge that she is eligible to visit since she's in a suite.

• Like 2

My understanding is she would not be eligible as she does not meet the qualifications.

The same amenities should be available in the concierge lounge, although I recall the diamond lounge had a better view.

I’ve been on a cruise where the suite sea card opens the diamond lounge.

The person was only emerald and the diamond concierge had no problem.

I think it depends on the circumstances but generally a non diamond isn’t allowed.

17 minutes ago, Aquarius50 said:

My husband and I are diamond level and we are cruising on Freedom on 8/27 in a 2 bdrm grand suite with my sister who is a gold level.  As the Concierge Lounge is closed, and she is in a suite, will she be able to accompany us to the Diamond Lounge?

Also, does anyone know if the coffee machines will be available in the Diamond Lounge?

The suite lounge will be open. 

• Like 2

Sitting in the Suite Lounge now. Not is it open but they go to the Viking crown to make your drinks and you can order off the bar menu and not limited to the old lounge drink menu. Major improvement. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

My understanding is she would not be eligible as she does not meet the qualifications.

The same amenities should be available in the concierge lounge, although I recall the diamond lounge had a better view.

Freedom moved upstairs. Pretty much same view

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

The confusion is that the suite lounge is no longer open to D+ and Pinnacle. It is available for suite guests.

And you absolutely know this how??? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gc said:

And you absolutely know this how??? 

It’s true, lots of discussion and confusion around it at first. Suite lounge is now for suite guests only.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It’s true, lots of discussion and confusion around it at first. Suite lounge is now for suite guests only.

You can also find this policy on Royal website under Crown and Anchor benefits update, I think dated late June? Specifically also states the update regarding drink vouchers and in DL, drink will use up a voucher.

SL access limited now to suite guests ONLY. Infers hopefully this is only temporary, due to health safety measures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks.  I did not know that.

I know that when they went from Concierge lounge to Suite lounge only suite guest and PInnacles had access.

17 minutes ago, SRF said:

OK, thanks.  I did not know that.

I know that when they went from Concierge lounge to Suite lounge only suite guest and PInnacles had access.

That's correct however with Covid there were further restrictions

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 4:46 PM, Aquarius50 said:

There is no concierge lounge on Freedom, there is a suite lounge.  I do not believe  the suite lounge  is closed to suite guests.       From your post it seems that you are both in the suite and therefore will have access to the suite lounge. 

She will not be permitted to accompany you to the D lounge as she is a gold member and does not have access. 

I have heard that the coffee machines are available but that a crew is operating them 

M