Jump to content

Convenience/Grocery Store near Pier 91?


Recommended Posts

We will be arriving very late the night before cruise and chose to stay close to SeaTac. Plan on taking shuttle to Pier 91 the next morning. Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the Pier to buy sodas? Prefer not to lug a 12 pack on the airplane but can’t live without my Diet Dr Pepper. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are sailing on HAL please be aware the carry-on policy for beverages has changed. Basically it's: No sodas, all wine pays corkage, water not in plastic bottle.

Thanks…..Cruising Carnival and according to website, they still allow carrying on sodas in cans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never peen to Pier 91 but did a ton of research last year prior to the shutdown in prelude to my various Seattle cruises for 2020.  Pier 91 is an industrial area and it is not likely there is a convenient place for you to buy soda.  However, what would be wrong with buying it near SeaTac (where there are some locations) and taking it with you on the shuttle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several years ago our SeaTac hotel dropped us at the Safeway just south of the airport and then picked us with a phone call. Or, any convenience store as 1025 suggested.  There is a Whole Foods in Interbay on 15th Ave that is on the way to the cruise terminal.  You could have your transportation stop there on the way to the terminal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, shotzyok said:

We will be arriving very late the night before cruise and chose to stay close to SeaTac. Plan on taking shuttle to Pier 91 the next morning. Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the Pier to buy sodas? Prefer not to lug a 12 pack on the airplane but can’t live without my Diet Dr Pepper. Lol

Diet Dr Pepper is not easy to find in the Pacific Northwest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since you will have time the morning of your cruise I would suggest you shop for your soda, or anything else you may have forgotten at that time.  Your hotel to pier transport may not be able, or want to stop and wait as you quickly shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, PNW Traveler said:

Diet Dr Pepper is not easy to find in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh no!! I see the ship only carries Pepsi products. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AZ cruise getaways said:

Note to Shotzyok...I did a little Google search and it looks like the Targets in the Seattle area have diet Dr. Pepper, at least the Northgate Mall and University Way ones did.  Hope this helps a little.

These neighborhoods (Northgate & University District) are located north of the city and the cruise docks (and way north of the airport).  If you are truly desperate to find diet Dr. Pepper, maybe try the Fred Meyer stores closer to SeaTac (Burien, Tukwila, Renton).  Be sure to ask at the front desk of your hotel for suggestions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

These neighborhoods (Northgate & University District) are located north of the city and the cruise docks (and way north of the airport).  If you are truly desperate to find diet Dr. Pepper, maybe try the Fred Meyer stores closer to SeaTac (Burien, Tukwila, Renton).  Be sure to ask at the front desk of your hotel for suggestions.

Thanks all! I’ll be checking with hotel on shuttles to surrounding grocery stores. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, PNW Traveler said:

Diet Dr Pepper is not easy to find in the Pacific Northwest.

Because I’m drinking it all! Actually, there does seems to be a production or distribution problem with Dr. Pepper products around here. Safeway has had a more reliable supply than other outlets. Weird. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Glaciers said:

Several years ago our SeaTac hotel dropped us at the Safeway just south of the airport and then picked us with a phone call. Or, any convenience store as 1025 suggested.  There is a Whole Foods in Interbay on 15th Ave that is on the way to the cruise terminal.  You could have your transportation stop there on the way to the terminal.  

You won’t find Dr Pepper at Whole Foods.  We moor our sailboat at Elliott Bay Marina (adjacent to the cruise pier) and there are options in nearby Magnolia and Ballard, but they are not convenient.  It would definitely be “easier” to pick up your sodas at the many convenient/grocery stores available in the Sea Tac area. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, Glaciers said:

Several years ago our SeaTac hotel dropped us at the Safeway just south of the airport and then picked us with a phone call. Or, any convenience store as 1025 suggested.  There is a Whole Foods in Interbay on 15th Ave that is on the way to the cruise terminal.  You could have your transportation stop there on the way to the terminal.  

We had our driver take us to the Whole Foods near Pier 91 - for me I needed my fresh flowers for the cabin and the kids "needed" snacks to go with their beverages.  Easy in and out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...