Shareholder benefit for Blue Light Card holders.

majortom10

Anyone booked a UK Staycation cruise using Blue Light Card and then had their Shareholder Benefit refused. Cunard are saying that due to discount given on Blue Light Card they dont apply Shareholder Benefit.

I've had my Forces OBC applied to our 20th August voyage, I've appled for Shareholder OBC but not heard anything yet, although when I phoned to enquire about it, it wasn't an issue. Time will tell

My Shareholder credit came back today for our cruises - our OBC is  now $150 from the original booking $100 Forces OBC and $100 Shareholder credit $350 total for the 7 night cruise

We also got it for our Nov 14th Caribbean Cruise $250 Shareholder on top of my ex Forces OBC

21 minutes ago, rakkor said:

My Shareholder credit came back today for our cruises - our OBC is  now $150 from the original booking $100 Forces OBC and $100 Shareholder credit $350 total for the 7 night cruise

We also got it for our Nov 14th Caribbean Cruise $250 Shareholder on top of my ex Forces OBC

Those are not the issue the thread was asking if anyone from the UK booking a Staycation cruise using a BLC have had their Shareholder Benefit refused.

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, rakkor said:

Ah! sorry I assumed the BLC was the same as DDS and gave extra OBC for BL members - My mistake

The DDS is run by the BLC

Edited by LifeonMars

Posted (edited)

Interesting that The Carnival group  website shows shareholders discount applied in Days

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders: NORTH AMERICA BRANDS CONTINENTAL EUROPE BRANDS UNITED KINGDOM BRANDS AUSTRALIA BRANDS Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 €200 £150 A$250 Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100 € 75 £ 60 A$100 Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50

whilst

UK P&O shows it in Nights.

What benefits are available for shareholders?

All our shareholders with the required minimum of 100 shares will receive the below benefits:

• On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 13 nights or longer (including world cruise) - £150
  • On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 6 to 12 nights - £60
  • On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 5 nights or less - £30

https://www.pocruises.com/frequently-asked-questions.miscellaneous.Where-can-I-find-more-information-about-shareholder-benefits.summary

I wonder what was voted in at the last board meeting.

Shareholder benefits apply to the shareholder and can be applied to all fare types*

*Shareholder benefit will not be granted if your booking is booked through as Friends and Family offer, TIS (Travel Industry Services) or a complimentary booking. All other fares types are currently combinable with shareholder benefits.

Edited by LifeonMars