LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't be afraid. I'm sure she is a very interesting person. I bet you ask to take a selfie with her she would do it. Sometimes the most scary people are really nice. I say go ahead and do it. It would make for a memorable photo.

3836BFF1-D549-4C22-BDC6-2B4A932BAB3A.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

OMG. Does she have like a mohawk hair cut? She is fit. Good for her.

But not good for me. She could kick my (you know what). She just came up right night next to me (I didn't look her in the eye) and no. Not a mohawk. Just her hair pulled back real tight with a small pony tail in the back. Can't get closer to give you more details; too dangerous.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't be afraid. I'm sure she is a very interesting person. I bet you ask to take a selfie with her she would do it. Sometimes the most scary people are really nice. I say go ahead and do it. It would make for a memorable photo.

All my banter about her is said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. But to your point, no friggin' way!

8 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Bad news; my cell phone carrier has already charged me $150 worth of International roaming charges 😡.  I've been on a chat with a live agent of theirs practically all morning (so it seems). I've concluded that these charges stem from posting here on CC. Looks like I need to find a Wi-fi hot spot. Not sure if the Bahamas even has any. I'll have to "go off the grid" for a bit until I can find a Wi-fi hot spot (so I dont break the bank).

I got wifi here...

https://goo.gl/maps/9Sd12sguP5qn4DTs5

• Thanks 1

What is the buffet like on the  Adventure of the Seas.

Is there a diamond lounge  to get  coffee in the morning.

Did you get your  wine   in  your  room  if you have   400  pt.

I usually get  two bottles  for  being  Diamond plus w/ 400 pt. 

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I got wifi here...

https://goo.gl/maps/9Sd12sguP5qn4DTs5

Thanks.  I figured it out but just a little late. Before I found out that my hotel (Holiday Inn Express) has a wi-fi hot spot, I was posting a lot here on CC (social media). Before I left, I added International calling & texting to my Xfinity Mobile account. But, it doesn't include posting to social media so I racked up International roaming charges.

I contacted Xfinity Mobile (live chat) and they wouldn't cut me any slack. They wouldn't remove the International roaming charges. Piss-poor customer service imo.

11 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

What is the buffet like on the  Adventure of the Seas.

Is there a diamond lounge  to get  coffee in the morning.

I usually get  two bottles  for  being  Diamond plus w/ 400 pt. 

Once we get onboard we will try to answer. 😀
I probably can’t help you as I am lowly Gold. 🤣🤣My higher status is on NCL and Princess. I will probably not eat in the buffet either. BUT others on this thread may be able to help! That’s why we are doing this LIVE review as a team.😎

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

I looked through my upgrade (Royal Up) e-mail closely and I do have my new luggage tags for my new stateroom. Also, my Sea Pass has my new stateroom # on it. I believe I can use the app for the Sea Pass but I need to use a computer with a printer to print my new luggage tags. There is a small "business center" in the lobby here at Holiday Inn Express, I just hope the computers have working printers. I'll check it out tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks.  I figured it out but just a little late. Before I found out that my hotel (Holiday Inn Express) has a wi-fi hot spot, I was posting a lot here on CC (social media). Before I left, I added International calling & texting to my Xfinity Mobile account. But, it doesn't include posting to social media so I racked up International roaming charges.

I contacted Xfinity Mobile (live chat) and they wouldn't cut me any slack. They wouldn't remove the International roaming charges. Piss-poor customer service imo.

That bites.  I did that on Mariner a couple of years ago.  I boarded and hooked up to the wifi but forgot to move to airplane mode. I got a text from ATT about midnight letting me know I just hit$100 in roaming.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here, we have a regular balcony, the Ultra spacious minimum was $206  So I didn't bid.  Too much for 20 extra sq ft of balcony and 50 sq ft of room.  We'll stay in our regular.

Wow, that would have been a no in my book!

take care!

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

That bites.  I did that on Mariner a couple of years ago.  I boarded and hooked up to the wifi but forgot to move to airplane mode. I got a text from ATT about midnight letting me know I just hit$100 in roaming.

That's kind of what happened to me here. I was up to $150 in International roaming charges. Thanks for mentioning turning on airplane mode when I board the ship. I need to remember to do that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

What is the buffet like on the  Adventure of the Seas. RC serves you, lots of staff, no wait. Some salad items are pre-pkg in bowl w/ a lid. Lots of variety @ lunch - fish, chix, beef, pork, taco bar, std burgers & hot dogs, lot of veggies and yummy desserts! Multiple serving areas.

Is there a diamond lounge  to get  coffee in the morning. The machine in DL is broken, waiting for a part. I know the Concierge made arr for us to get coffee elsewhere but since I'm not a coffee drinker, I don't recall the details. Will try asking tomorrow.

I usually get  two bottles  for  being  Diamond plus w/ 400 pt.  Yes, my 3 bottles of wine were in my cabin upon arrival, along with my welcome amenity (4 bottles of water), cookie plate and the water pkg I ordered. Recv 12 bottles of Evian (33.8 oz size) for $ 20.06 incl grats 2 masks, hand sanitizer 

Edited by long4acruise
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

I looked through my upgrade (Royal Up) e-mail closely and I do have my new luggage tags for my new stateroom. Also, my Sea Pass has my new stateroom # on it. I believe I can use the app for the Sea Pass but I need to use a computer with a printer to print my new luggage tags. There is a small "business center" in the lobby here at Holiday Inn Express, I just hope the computers have working printers. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I just talked to the receptionist in the lobby. She told me the way it works is that I send an e-mail (with the page I want printed) to their business e-mail address and then once received, they will print it out. So, I should be "golden".

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 8:34 AM, MorganClark said:

Thanks! Yeah, I just need to find a cheaper taxi co. here (no Uber or Lyft here). The taxi cost me $40 yesterday from the airport to the HI Express in downtown Nassau. Ouch!

When we were in Nassau for the 6/26 sailing, the normal price for a taxi from the airport ran from $33.00 - $40.00 depending on the driver. Even the printed paperwork from the Bahamas said the average was $35.00.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I found that I like "Carib" really well 

Love "Carib" also. The Beverage Mart (warehouse style place) used to order 4 extra cases, 2 for me and 2 for my cruise drinking buddy and would call me when they arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1