LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

For those staying (or dining(or drinking)) at the Hilton I see a deal on their eStandby which they've told my mother can be purchased at the desk for $100 worth of food credit at $75.  That doesn't look tough to spend for even a couple people.

Also bar and restaurant menus available here.
https://www.bahamaslocal.com/showlisting/16555/Bullion_Bar.html#picViewer[Bullion]/2/

And Hilton just changed Gold and Diamond breakfast to daily credits which should be able to be used at the restaurant for dinner as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, slease said:

For those staying (or dining(or drinking)) at the Hilton I see a deal on their eStandby which they've told my mother can be purchased at the desk for $100 worth of food credit at $75.  That doesn't look tough to spend for even a couple people.

Also bar and restaurant menus available here.
https://www.bahamaslocal.com/showlisting/16555/Bullion_Bar.html#picViewer[Bullion]/2/

And Hilton just changed Gold and Diamond breakfast to daily credits which should be able to be used at the restaurant for dinner as well.

Thanks. We bought the deal and it is per person so not bad. We will spend that between dinner and breakfast….and drinks…no problem.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

We are leaving home on Thursday, driving to Baltimore and spending the night. Friday flying to Fort Lauderdale and spending the night. Flight to Nassau is at 2 on Bahamasair with Air2sea. Wish us luck.

last cruise was Oasis the week before everything shut down. Since then we have had 16 cancelled and are ready to go. We are frequent cruisers with Royal so if I can answer any questions for newbies l’m here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

We are frequent cruisers with Royal so if I can answer any questions for newbies l’m here.

Thanks! We are frequent NCL Haven cruisers. How does the suite treatment compare? Is it more like Princess? Safe travels. So you fly in to Nassau on Saturday? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

We are frequent cruisers with Royal so if I can answer any questions for newbies 

Edited by HBCcruiser
Duplicate

17 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

We are leaving home on Thursday, driving to Baltimore and spending the night. Friday flying to Fort Lauderdale and spending the night. Flight to Nassau is at 2 on Bahamasair with Air2sea. Wish us luck.

Just curious as I live in the DC/MD/VA area. Were you unable to get booked on the AA 4739 Sat nonstop from DCA?  It was a decent rate, good flight time, 8:30 -11:24 AM and we arrived almost 30 min early.  Luggage, thru Customs, shuttle to check-in @ the Hilton and onboard by 12:30.

Hoping it goes smoothly for you!

20 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks! We are frequent NCL Haven cruisers. How does the suite treatment compare? Is it more like Princess? Safe travels. So you fly in to Nassau on Saturday? 

Have not been in a suite for a long time. Never on NCL so hard to answer. 

2 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Just curious as I live in the DC/MD/VA area. Were you unable to get booked on the AA 4739 Sat nonstop from DCA?  It was a decent rate, good flight time, 8:30 -11:24 AM and we arrived almost 30 min early.  Luggage, thru Customs, shuttle to check-in @ the Hilton and onboard by 12:30.

Hoping it goes smoothly for you!

We already had air to Florida with Southwest so we just added the Air2sea to Nassau. We booked about a month ago and Bahamasair was what they offered. We were to be sailing on the Allure on the 18th. When that was cancelled we moved to Adventure.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

4 More Days until we board! Safe travels @MorganClark. Report back after you get settled in your hotel and grab a cocktail. 🥃

B10ABE55-7305-4860-BFD5-B6C0AFA8FFF1.jpeg

At the airport now. Delta advised to get to the airport 3 hrs early (I don't why). Grand Rapids airport is a ghost town. Checked in and through TSA, easy - peasy. At my gate now but have a long wait until I  board. Regarding that cocktail, I'll be having my 1st cocktail well before the hotel. Open bar in 1st class at 30,000 ft. 😉

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

last cruise was Oasis the week before everything shut down. Since then we have had 16 cancelled and are ready to go. We are frequent cruisers with Royal so if I can answer any questions for newbies l’m here.

I'm a newbie with Royal. I'll be sailing solo. Have you ever sailed solo with Royal and if yes, how was your solo experience?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Weather forecast so far.

61F4C229-44F8-49B9-97D9-7EB55BBD234F.jpeg

I was watching The Weather Channel this morning and they said there is a large dust patch in the atmosphere to the east of the Caribbean that is blocking any storms from Africa from developing in the western Atlantic.  So, good news for anyone cruising right now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

We already had air to Florida with Southwest so we just added the Air2sea to Nassau

Great!  Originally I'd also thought about using one of my SW vouchers to fly to Ft L and Air2sea from there. But since traveling solo, I saved them for 2 sets of cruises with my husband departing Ft L and Miami later in Nov & Dec.

You'll have a nice relaxing time on Adventure - no lines, waiting, outstanding service and staff/crew will ask for feedback, what they can improve...

Safe travels and wishing you an enjoyable time!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I was watching The Weather Channel this morning and they said there is a large dust patch in the atmosphere to the east of the Caribbean that is blocking any storms from Africa from developing in the western Atlantic.  So, good news for anyone cruising right now!

Nice @GA Dave, thanks for the info. Icing on the cake...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I'm a newbie with Royal. I'll be sailing solo. Have you ever sailed solo with Royal and if yes, how was your solo experience?

There are quite a number of solo travelers on Adventure this week. Everyone is very friendly. When dining they do seat you solo, but if you feel comfortable joining others, go for it.  A very nice family came over and invited me to join them but I was almost finished my meal.

Appreciated their kindness and in turn offered them one of my free 3 bottles of wine!

Have met a few who are also doing B2B2B and one B2B2B2B2B2B! 

The Diamond (Dudley) & Suite  lounge concierges are very pleasant and helpful as well as the Loyal Ambassador (Joao). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

No, but I’m sure you will find people to hang with.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

There are quite a number of solo travelers on Adventure this week. Everyone is very friendly. When dining they do seat you solo, but if you feel comfortable joining others, go for it.  A very nice family came over and invited me to join them but I was almost finished my meal.

Appreciated their kindness and in turn offered them one of my free 3 bottles of wine!

Have met a few who are also doing B2B2B and one B2B2B2B2B2B! 

The Diamond (Dudley) & Suite  lounge concierges are very pleasant and helpful as well as the Loyal Ambassador (Joao). 

Thanks so much for that info. First time for me cruising solo so it's good to know there will be other solos onboard, as well.

B2B2B2B2B2B? Wow, sounds like something I would do, lol. I'm retired and have made cruising my "RAOC" (Retirement Activity Of Choice). Ask @HBCcruiserhow many cruises I have booked (all the way out to 2023). I guess being retired now, I have alot of time on my hands, lol.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MorganClark said:

What no Jefferson's Ocean bourbon? 😥 @HBCcruiserknows what I'm talking about 😉.

I wish more restaurants would have a bigger selection. Most places just have the basic stuff. Bourbon is the new wine of it's time. More and more whiskey and bourbon bars are opening up but I wish more restaurants would up their game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks so much for that info. First time for me cruising solo so it's good to know there will be other solos onboard, as well.

B2B2B2B2B2B? Wow, sounds like something I would do, lol. I'm retired and have made cruising my "RAOC" (Retirement Activity Of Choice). Ask @HBCcruiserhow many cruises I have booked (all the way out to 2023). I guess being retired now, I have alot of time on my hands, lol.

Good for you!  We've been retired about 12 yrs - thanks to a nice Federal Gov't young age eligibility! 

My hard working Dad always told us we were working today for our tomorrow's and to put the time and $ in now as it pays off later.

So glad you, me and others are still here to enjoy these golden moments to travel as we please, when want and for as long as we want and also didn't put off enjoying life until retirement, as some didn't make it that long.

In my first 7 years of retirement, I lost 4 younger siblings in a 5-yr span and my baby brother suddenly last Jul!  It was indeed a wake up call for me and my husband so we travel often; me solo annually also. 

• Like 3