Final Payment Due but....

lovrccl

Today my TA called and said final payment is due this week. No problem, however the amount due on Celebrities website and my invoice was  different. Celebrity's was $300 or so more. So now he has to try and get ahold of them to correct it. He said on Friday he was on hold 4 hours before someone picked up, then they hung up. This will be interesting! Be sure your final payment amount is correct! 

7 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Today my TA called and said final payment is due this week. No problem, however the amount due on Celebrities website and my invoice was  different. Celebrity's was $300 or so more. So now he has to try and get ahold of them to correct it. He said on Friday he was on hold 4 hours before someone picked up, then they hung up. This will be interesting! Be sure your final payment amount is correct! 

Yes, after using fccs and having an invoice from Celebrity showing a zero balance, celebrity has decided that I owe $2600+ for my upcoming cruise. My TA has spent many hours with a supervisor from resolutions to correct this but it’s not done yet. They say that I don’t owe it,  it is a “computer error” but it will take several days to correct. Meanwhile they have flagged my account so I will not lose my room due to non payment.  This is when having a good TA is invaluable! Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djh said:

Yes, after using fccs and having an invoice from Celebrity showing a zero balance, celebrity has decided that I owe $2600+ for my upcoming cruise. My TA has spent many hours with a supervisor from resolutions to correct this but it’s not done yet. They say that I don’t owe it,  it is a “computer error” but it will take several days to correct. Meanwhile they have flagged my account so I will not lose my room due to non payment.  This is when having a good TA is invaluable! Good luck!

Wow yep I have heard the invoices are a mess. So everyone needs to be sure they make final payment at the correct amount!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Since you booked, did you make any changes to your reservation? As a cabin change, etc, etc

3 hours ago, lovrccl said:

We had the same issue when we had to cancel and rebook.  After going round and round with my TA we learned that Celebrity “audited” their FCCs at some point last year.  They didn’t advise the passengers or TAs.  In our case we received some random credits back to our credit card with no explanation.  Celebrity mysteriously   deducted that amount and a random amount from our FCC.  Thankfully I had all the invoices and emails with our FCCs.  When I produced those the discrepancy became $200, down from ~600.  Finally figured out they had refunded our onboard booking deposits.  A little transparency would be nice.  Our TA told us we were lucky we had plenty of time to figure it out and didn’t have am imminent final payment deadline.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Since you booked, did you make any changes to your reservation? As a cabin change, etc, etc

Nope and this was not a rebooked cruise or anything out of the ordinary.

3 hours ago, marieps said:

My TA has fits dealing with =X=.  It's her least favorite line to book.

My TA says that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean is a mess since Covid.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

We had the same issue when we had to cancel and rebook.  After going round and round with my TA we learned that Celebrity “audited” their FCCs at some point last year.  They didn’t advise the passengers or TAs.  In our case we received some random credits back to our credit card with no explanation.  Celebrity mysteriously   deducted that amount and a random amount from our FCC.  Thankfully I had all the invoices and emails with our FCCs.  When I produced those the discrepancy became $200, down from ~600.  Finally figured out they had refunded our onboard booking deposits.  A little transparency would be nice.  Our TA told us we were lucky we had plenty of time to figure it out and didn’t have am imminent final payment deadline.

Yes, the same thing happened to me, and is still happening. Random credits on my credit card and no explanation or way to trace it back. Since this started I have had four different credits, the last being over $2000. Thankfully, I have kept good records. I just write these credits down and know that eventually someone in accounting is going to figure it out that they gave me money when they shouldn’t have and they will deduct it from one of my FCCs. My agent hates Celebrity/Royals accounting and says she has no trouble with any other cruise line.

Edited by djh

18 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Unsolicited advice here.  To be safe, perhaps pay $300 more now and if it is an error in your favor you can get a refund or use the credit on your cruise.

• Thanks 1

My TA was able to get thru to Celebrity first thing this morning.  Their computer (Celebrity)  was at fault, they fixed the error and payment is now corrected with them and final payment made.  Yahoo....with all the mix-ups Celebrity has had with others I am glad this worked out!  So keep an eye on your invoices from Celebrity.  Now we wait, Oct. 16th we sail, in a Sky Suite!  Yahoo....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

My TA was able to get thru to Celebrity first thing this morning.  Their computer (Celebrity)  was at fault, they fixed the error and payment is now corrected with them and final payment made.  Yahoo....with all the mix-ups Celebrity has had with others I am glad this worked out!  So keep an eye on your invoices from Celebrity.  Now we wait, Oct. 16th we sail, in a Sky Suite!  Yahoo....

Happy cruising!  Glad it was resolved.