Passport

Has anybody used a Global Entry Card instead of passport going to Mexico. Not leaving till May, have both but hate carrying more paperwork that’s needed

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Rv6flyer said:

Has anybody used a Global Entry Card instead of passport going to Mexico. Not leaving till May, have both but hate carrying more paperwork that’s needed

the passport card?

nevermind i looked it up.  just cant delete....to answer your question, no i have not

Edited by babygrljaz
researched question

No, a Global Entry Card Permits you to exit customs in expedited lines. Read so where it can be used to board aircraft with out a enhanced drivers license.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

the passport card?

nevermind i looked it up.  just cant delete....to answer your question, no i have not

Not sure what you mean by "enter Mexico."  Actually when you come into port on any cruise the only required thing we have ever had to have was a photo ID.  We use our drivers license, we take that and our sail and sign card and leave the passport safety back in the room in the safe.

We have been to most of the ports Carnival sails to and this is all we have ever needed.

One note, the Fun Times has the emergency phone number on the back page.  We make sure we take that too, that way if anything happens we have access to help on board the ship to get to our docs (such as passport) in the safe.  Say someone got hurt and had to go to the hospital and wouldn't' make it back on board the ship before sailing.

I believe Global Entry only works if you are driving across the boarder for Mexico, but I could be wrong.  We have it to for international travel, but I think I remember reading that somewhere in the process.

Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale is the only cruise port that I’m aware of that participates in Global Entry and has a specific Global Entry line.  Some other ports may move you to the front of the line if you show your Global Entry card.  Global Entry is intended to expedite your journey through Customs and Border Protection when you return to the USA.  TSA PreCheck is included with Global Entry, but you need to provide your Global Entry number, which also serves as your TSA PreCheck number, to your airline prior to checking in.  Global Entry is not a substitute for a passport.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

Read so where it can be used to board aircraft with out a enhanced drivers license.

It will not help you board an international flight.  As others have said, it does not replace a passport.  It can be used to get through TSA security at airports in the US and, obviously, though immigration when returning to the US.

Edited by capriccio

1 minute ago, Rv6flyer said:

Read my last post, I admitted I was wrong, Really?

Sorry, I answered your post before reading all the other responses and seeing your last post. 

I don't think anyone thought you were 'wrong'.  Since you asked a question it was answered.  If the answers weren't helpful to you (since you had already figured it out) maybe they will help someone else.

• Like 1