Jump to content

Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, EMOSEA said:

Really crossing my fingers for Glory in September! I jumped the gun and booked airfare already 😬 

 

OK, so I have a stupid question.  I see that Carnival has been selling cruises on Glory for the month of September...... why wouldn't she be sailing?  It would be pretty darned unethical to be selling something they know they can't deliver.

 

I have a September cruise booked on Magic (and I see that her first sail date is in August).  But the skeptical side of my brain is asking why we got such a great deal - was it because Carnival simply conned me into loaning them money?

Edited by groundloop
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, EMOSEA said:

Really crossing my fingers for Glory in September! I jumped the gun and booked airfare already 😬 

I booked a nonrefundable suite at a hotel last dec at a good price. Idk how much of a chance I was taking. I thought sept cruising would be long back. Sleeps 6 it said with a ocean view lol, I'm solo.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

 

We have an 8 yr old hopefully sailing with us October 2nd. He's soooo excited, it would break my heart if he's not allowed to go.

I will an 8 and 9 year old on the Oct. 2nd as well.  They love the pool so hopefully that will keep them entertained.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, groundloop said:

 

OK, so I have a stupid question.  I see that Carnival has been selling cruises on Glory for the month of September...... why wouldn't she be sailing?  It would be pretty darned unethical to be selling something they know they can't deliver.

 

I have a September cruise booked on Magic (and I see that her first sail date is in August).  But the skeptical side of my brain is asking why we got such a great deal - was it because Carnival simply conned me into loaning them money?

It's possible they cant hire and vaccinate enough crew in time. Seems several ships are short crew right now. There are issues hiring in all areas right now.. crew too. 

 

They are hiring I'm sure as fast as possible. Getting CDs and comedians and other crew. 

 

John has said they plan to have all ships up and running by the end of the year. Hard to go from 0 to 100 overnight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

The exemption process was pretty straightforward and at least on my sailing all the under 12 were approved.  Testing wasn't much of an issue but some families had to scramble because they got a rapid test instead of a PCR test for the precruise 72 hour testing requirement. 

 

The kids club being closed was disappointing but not a big deal. My daughter is having a great time regardless.

When and how did you do the exemption?  We don't sail until October but I am a planner so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Criusewanderlust said:

When and how did you do the exemption?  We don't sail until October but I am a planner so...

They will send it to you via email. So in case you dont get it, be watching cc.

 

I booked thru a ta .. so I dont seem to get carnival emails. That's why I said be watching here and you will see posts people got it or posting a link where you can apply for the exemption.

Edited by firefly333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bobbismith said:

If kids can go to school, let them cruise!

You’re missing the point.
Yes, open the schools unless the Delta variant really does start hitting the younger age groups. Right now though, any adult who wants to be vaccinated can be vaccinated so the argument that kids would be potential silent spreaders is moot.

Cruise ships however are a whole different animal. 
An outbreak in a school or a neighborhood can be contained. Nothing other than maybe a school or a school district being closed for a few weeks would be the result of an outbreak.

A serious outbreak on a ship has the potential of shutting down the entire industry!!

And potentially bankrupting some of the cruise lines. And potentially even ending cruising as we know it.

Sorry, I love kids, and I think the excitement they bring on a cruise ship is contagious.

Unfortunately Covid is much more contagious and it would be devastating to the cruise industry if something were to happen.

The kids have the rest of their long lives to cruise. They can wait a few more months!!

 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In simplest terms, this is what is happening:

  1. There have been 2 successful sailings so far.
  2. It appears the protocols we have in place are successful and we will continue to follow
  3. We expect the protocols to remain in place as we slowly ramp up the number of ships sailing
  4. Do not expect any drastic changes to protocols because demand has never been higher and we know what has to be done to remain successful
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

In simplest terms, this is what is happening:

  1. There have been 2 successful sailings so far.
  2. It appears the protocols we have in place are successful and we will continue to follow
  3. We expect the protocols to remain in place as we slowly ramp up the number of ships sailing
  4. Do not expect any drastic changes to protocols because demand has never been higher and we know what has to be done to remain successful

Well you say they have figured out the formula for success, though it doesnt make sense to me tbh.

 

I jump in my car and drive to Galveston, maybe the day before and stay in a hotel, go over park, shuttle to the terminal ... then only at the terminal I have to wear a mask to check in. Texas has no mask mandate, then get on the ship and like john heald thrown off my mask as I cross the threshold.

 

Why masks in Galveston terminal makes no logical sense to me.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's possible they cant hire and vaccinate enough crew in time. Seems several ships are short crew right now. There are issues hiring in all areas right now.. crew too. 

 

They are hiring I'm sure as fast as possible. Getting CDs and comedians and other crew. 

 

John has said they plan to have all ships up and running by the end of the year. Hard to go from 0 to 100 overnight.

Yeah, I agree.  I think it all comes down to a matter of staffing right now.  I think the last couple of weeks they've been doing triage deciding which ships to re-up based on potential revenue and real time bookings.  All this while still having to decide the exemptions.  I understand now why they've waited so long.  They are adding September and October to an already complicated and not yet finished July and August.  But, at least they have some worn paths now.  Based on the bookings before it went grey again, I have a feeling my cruise will be cut.  (I'm one of those who do mock bookings to see how the cruise is selling--from a few weeks ago, it wasn't doing well.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Criusewanderlust said:

When and how did you do the exemption?  We don't sail until October but I am a planner so...

Carnival sent an email with a link for the exemption form that which had to be submitted within three days. Our approval came back 8 days later.  The initial email came about 30 days out and it sent to everyone including the people who booked through a TA. When our itinerary changed that came from the TA but not for the exemption. Also, the cruise must be fully paid off prior to submitting the exemption request.

Edited by lobster1313
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well you say they have figured out the formula for success, though it doesnt make sense to me tbh.

 

I jump in my car and drive to Galveston, maybe the day before and stay in a hotel, go over park, shuttle to the terminal ... then only at the terminal I have to wear a mask to check in. Texas has no mask mandate, then get on the ship and like john heald thrown off my mask as I cross the threshold.

 

Why masks in Galveston terminal makes no logical sense to me.

Couldn't hurt though, could it? I don't have a problem doing that, although I agree it's more a gesture that a safeguard. But, couldn't hurt.....I will likely wear a mask on board in certain situations, like elevators, moving about in large crowds, etc. We are both vaccinated.....but, couldn't hurt, right? I suppose it depends on your outlook, but I'm a sorta belts and suspenders kinda fellow most of the time.😎

 

I think most of us agree with you in principal, but like others have stated, it's the specter of what might happen if an outbreak would occur on the ship. We all accept varying degrees of risk each day. But nobody wants to be quarantined on the ship for an extended time.....well, most of us anyway. If you're healthy, have a nice cabin with a balcony, cable TV, lots of books on the Kindle, someone bringing your food.....might not be too bad, eh?😉

 

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well you say they have figured out the formula for success, though it doesnt make sense to me tbh.

 

I jump in my car and drive to Galveston, maybe the day before and stay in a hotel, go over park, shuttle to the terminal ... then only at the terminal I have to wear a mask to check in. Texas has no mask mandate, then get on the ship and like john heald thrown off my mask as I cross the threshold.

 

Why masks in Galveston terminal makes no logical sense to me.

This is a federal requirement for tranportation hubs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Anyone know when the announcement will be made??

John Heald keeps saying he's waiting for news from the beards....and seems iffy now if it's coming.  My final payment for October is this weekend and I've been delaying it and hoping to get an announcement. 

Edited by BroadwayGirl
spelling
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, groundloop said:

 

OK, so I have a stupid question.  I see that Carnival has been selling cruises on Glory for the month of September...... why wouldn't she be sailing?  It would be pretty darned unethical to be selling something they know they can't deliver.

 

I have a September cruise booked on Magic (and I see that her first sail date is in August).  But the skeptical side of my brain is asking why we got such a great deal - was it because Carnival simply conned me into loaning them money?

To the first part of your post...Ever heard of NCL...Joy,Gem, and the Star to name a few

Hope you get to sail in Sept!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lobster1313 said:

Carnival sent an email with a link for the exemption form that which had to be submitted within three days. Our approval came back 8 days later.  The initial email came about 30 days out and it sent to everyone including the people who booked through a TA. When our itinerary changed that came from the TA but not for the exemption. Also, the cruise must be fully paid off prior to submitting the exemption request.

For the July/August exemptions there is now a separate line for those passengers. Call Carnival pick 4 for your booking and then theres an option to press 1 where theres a recording about the length of time it's taking to process all of the requests. It also instructs to go ahead and apply for an exemption in Cruise manager so they dont seem to have a definite final date to do so. They also explain that they are not the decision makers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mpdog42 said:

To the first part of your post...Ever heard of NCL...Joy,Gem, and the Star to name a few

Hope you get to sail in Sept!!

 

It sure seems like NCL has been all over the place hasn't it? Not gonna lie, I was turned off by them when their CEO threw a temper tantrum about the CDC guidelines, when all the other lines were making due.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

Also of note:

 

"for the foreseeable future we're going to continue to operate with highly vaccinated sailings."

 

That's BIG news

 

That would be fine with me, I actually prefer it be vaccinated cruises. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, amcankid said:

You’re missing the point.
Yes, open the schools unless the Delta variant really does start hitting the younger age groups. Right now though, any adult who wants to be vaccinated can be vaccinated so the argument that kids would be potential silent spreaders is moot.

Cruise ships however are a whole different animal. 
An outbreak in a school or a neighborhood can be contained. Nothing other than maybe a school or a school district being closed for a few weeks would be the result of an outbreak.

A serious outbreak on a ship has the potential of shutting down the entire industry!!

And potentially bankrupting some of the cruise lines. And potentially even ending cruising as we know it.

Sorry, I love kids, and I think the excitement they bring on a cruise ship is contagious.

Unfortunately Covid is much more contagious and it would be devastating to the cruise industry if something were to happen.

The kids have the rest of their long lives to cruise. They can wait a few more months!!

 

 

Well said!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw this on JH Facebook Page:

 

Guess this is it?

 

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE ANNOUNCES CRUISE DIRECTORS FOR NEXT ROUND OF SHIPS RETURNING TO SERVICE THIS SUMMER

Ships Include Carnival Magic from Port Canaveral, Carnival Sunrise from Miami and Carnival Panorama from Long Beach

MIAMI, July 13, 2021 – As part of its ramp up of returning more ships to service this summer, Carnival Cruise Line announced today the lineup of cruise directors who will entertain guests on the next round of ships entering service in August from Port Canaveral, Miami and Long Beach, marking the start-up of its West Coast operations.
At the helm of the excitement on board will be Gary Blair on Carnival Magic from Port Canaveral, Felipe Couto on Carnival Sunrise from Miami and Lee Mason on Carnival Panorama from Long Beach.

“We are back – and the fun is back – bigger and better than ever, and who better to lead the charge in that fun than our wonderful cruise directors,” said Chris Nelson, vice president of entertainment for Carnival Cruise Line. “As we continue to expand our guest operations and welcome guests back on board, it is so special and exciting to also bring our cruise directors back and to finally give our guests the amazing vacation experiences they know and love.”
Giving Mike Pack and his wife, former Carnival cruise director Emma Nixon, time to enjoy their newborn baby, Chris Williams will serve as Mardi Gras’ cruise director for its first series of voyages.

The line returned to guest operations in early July with Carnival Vista from the Port of Galveston and Carnival Horizon from PortMiami. Sailings on Carnival Breeze begin Thursday and Carnival Miracle later this month, followed by the debut of Carnival’s newest and most innovative ship, Mardi Gras, on July 31.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

John Heald keeps saying he's waiting for news from the beards....and seems iffy now if it's coming.  My final payment for October is this weekend and I've been delaying it and hoping to get an announcement. 

Call to see if you can have final payment moved out. For my Sept 4 cruise that was due in June, they extended FP to July 21.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Just saw this on JH Facebook Page:

 

Guess this is it?

 

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE ANNOUNCES CRUISE DIRECTORS FOR NEXT ROUND OF SHIPS RETURNING TO SERVICE THIS SUMMER

Ships Include Carnival Magic from Port Canaveral, Carnival Sunrise from Miami and Carnival Panorama from Long Beach

MIAMI, July 13, 2021 – As part of its ramp up of returning more ships to service this summer, Carnival Cruise Line announced today the lineup of cruise directors who will entertain guests on the next round of ships entering service in August from Port Canaveral, Miami and Long Beach, marking the start-up of its West Coast operations.
At the helm of the excitement on board will be Gary Blair on Carnival Magic from Port Canaveral, Felipe Couto on Carnival Sunrise from Miami and Lee Mason on Carnival Panorama from Long Beach.

“We are back – and the fun is back – bigger and better than ever, and who better to lead the charge in that fun than our wonderful cruise directors,” said Chris Nelson, vice president of entertainment for Carnival Cruise Line. “As we continue to expand our guest operations and welcome guests back on board, it is so special and exciting to also bring our cruise directors back and to finally give our guests the amazing vacation experiences they know and love.”
Giving Mike Pack and his wife, former Carnival cruise director Emma Nixon, time to enjoy their newborn baby, Chris Williams will serve as Mardi Gras’ cruise director for its first series of voyages.

The line returned to guest operations in early July with Carnival Vista from the Port of Galveston and Carnival Horizon from PortMiami. Sailings on Carnival Breeze begin Thursday and Carnival Miracle later this month, followed by the debut of Carnival’s newest and most innovative ship, Mardi Gras, on July 31.

 

I can only go by what Christine said yesterday, which was they would be announcing the ships that were restarting for Sept/Oct. I literally watched it come out of her mouth 😛

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...