Well done MSC, I think?

nyk24

It's so easy sometimes to just cricticise a cruise line but I thought I would praise one important aspect of MSC and that is how well they protect their staff.

If you watch a few YouTube videos of the Virtuosa sailings you will notice all the frontline staff who interact with passengers a lot seem to be wearing white masks.

These masks I am pretty sure (although not 100%) are PPF3 masks, which are the best around. The NHS only give these masks to their staff if they are working in one the high risk covid wards.

So, if my assumption is correct despite all of msc's short comings this has to be a very positive thing to know.

I for one will be wearing one of these masks while on board my sailing as msc only give passengers the blue surgical masks.

As with anything medical this is just my opinion, do you own research and make your own decisions when it comes to medical matters.

19 hours ago, nyk24 said:

It's so easy sometimes to just cricticise a cruise line but I thought I would praise one important aspect of MSC and that is how well they protect their staff.

These masks I am pretty sure (although not 100%) are PPF3 masks, which are the best around. The NHS only give these masks to their staff if they are working in one the high risk covid wards.

So, if my assumption is correct despite all of msc's short comings this has to be a very positive thing to know.

Well,i don`t think that this is necessarily a choice of MSC but also from the authorities of the flag state.(in case of MSC it is Malta and Panama.)

If the flag state requires them to have specific protection measures then they haver to follow it.

And even Italy can have a big influence cause they finally decide whether MSC is allowed to dock at their ports or not.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, sidari said:

So Deaf people still cannot Lip read them then !

Yes that is the only big draw back which I totally get as my better half is partially deaf and prefers to lip read. She hates using her hearing aids but I think she may well have to use them more than usual. I know that is not the answer for everyone so I wonder what is without breaking covid protocol? There must be a work around?

EDIT: I don't know if this helps but on land staff who are required to wear a mask by law can remove them at a safe distance in order to help a deaf person lip read etc.

Heres the link: https://rnid.org.uk/coronavirus-response/face-coverings-how-the-regulations-apply-to-you/

Edited by nyk24