MSC 8/6-8/9 out of Miami

ortech

Unfortunately, MSC is the only cruise line that we know of that does not allow us to bring ANY wine or alcohol on board. It's a shame really since we like to celebrate embarkation with a nice bottle of Champagne when we first arrive in our stateroom. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fighterone said:

Unfortunately, MSC is the only cruise line that we know of that does not allow us to bring ANY wine or alcohol on board. It's a shame really since we like to celebrate embarkation with a nice bottle of Champagne when we first arrive in our stateroom. 

True, but MSC does status match other lines. We got a free bottle of very good Prosecco as a benefit of being status matched. ☺️

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Fighterone said:

We're on this cruise also and on the cruise planner, you can purchase a bottle of house sparkling wine for $17 or there are several other higher priced options with Prosecco, Asti, and other items included. Others may know for sure, but I'd guess these will be in your cabin when you arrive.

1 hour ago, nacdcruiser said:

We're on this cruise also and on the cruise planner, you can purchase a bottle of house sparkling wine for $17 or there are several other higher priced options with Prosecco, Asti, and other items included. Others may know for sure, but I'd guess these will be in your cabin when you arrive.

There is one bottle of Prosecco or sometimes sparkling wine included per sailing in YC in each suite.  We just like to bring our own good quality Champagne to celebrate, more of an embarkation ritual for us.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:01 PM, nacdcruiser said:

Yes I ordered for my room 

On 7/13/2021 at 12:20 PM, DCGuy64 said:

True, but MSC does status match other lines. We got a free bottle of very good Prosecco as a benefit of being status matched. ☺️

Isn't "good Prosecco" an oxymoron?😉

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Isn't "good Prosecco" an oxymoron?😉

Ha, not at all! I love sparkling wines of all kinds, as well as champagne (which isn't just any sparkling wine, BTW, as I'm sure you know). I enjoy Spanish Cava, Italian prosecco and am eager to try a South African sparkling wine whose name escapes me at the moment.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

"good Prosecco"

Like DCGuy64, I enjoy a good sparkling wine from time to time.  When I sailed on Meraviglia, I drank more Prosecco than I did any other wine.  Whatever their brand was, it was a good one.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Ha, not at all! I love sparkling wines of all kinds, as well as champagne (which isn't just any sparkling wine, BTW, as I'm sure you know). I enjoy Spanish Cava, Italian prosecco and am eager to try a South African sparkling wine whose name escapes me at the moment.

JK!😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JAGR said:

JK!😁

Ah, wasn't sure. The internet makes it hard to distinguish kidding from serious, sometimes. And I can vividly remember someone (not you) saying that Robert Mondavi's Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon was "undrinkable," and I loved it so much after having it onboard the Meraviglia that it's now a permanent feature of my collection. Now if MSC would only stock a proper cider like Bulmer's!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Now if MSC would only stock a proper cider like Bulmer's!

Aah, memories!  We had Magner's cider on Seaside back in the day.  Magner's is Bulmers outside of the Republic of Ireland.  They then switched to Strongbow.  Not a good move!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Magner's is Bulmers outside of the Republic of Ireland. 

Yep, I was aware of that, in fact I was discussing that very topic about 2 weeks ago at a local restaurant with some Irish transplants to the US. I like Strongbow alright, but I'd prefer to have more than 1 UK/Eire-based cider to choose from. I'm not a huge fan of Angry Orchard, but it's not bad.

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yep, I was aware of that, in fact I was discussing that very topic about 2 weeks ago at a local restaurant with some Irish transplants to the US. I like Strongbow alright, but I'd prefer to have more than 1 UK/Eire-based cider to choose from. I'm not a huge fan of Angry Orchard, but it's not bad.

I assumed you knew that.  So many people around here are unaware, so I thought I'd shamelessly put in a plug.  I also like Stonewell Cider, along with Dan Kelly's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAGR said:

Aah, memories!  We had Magner's cider on Seaside back in the day.  Magner's is Bulmers outside of the Republic of Ireland.  They then switched to Strongbow.  Not a good move!

How was your trip? How was check in at port ?