Mixed Vaccines

MaddyandMax

For those that are booked with Carnival and have AZ/Pfizer or Moderna

Just listened to John Heald's morning video and he said that they are looking into booster shots, and specifically for Canadians with AZ/Pfizer or Moderna mixes.

He didn't go into a lot of detail but I would be concerned for those getting 3rd doses in the hopes they would be considered vaccinated...

58 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Just listened to John Heald's morning video and he said that they are looking into booster shots, and specifically for Canadians with AZ/Pfizer or Moderna mixes.

He didn't go into a lot of detail but I would be concerned for those getting 3rd doses in the hopes they would be considered vaccinated...

Was he insinuating that Carnival still wouldn't recognize the AZ/MD/MD as vaccinated?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Was he insinuating that Carnival still wouldn't recognize the AZ/MD/MD as vaccinated?

I don't know. It just made me worry as he said they are looking into it with the CDC.

I listen to his videos to catch anything pertaining to Canadians and I had no idea that this was a concern.

Here is the response I received from the CDC this week when I asked about vaccines

Here is how I interpret this after getting AZ/M is that my first dose AZ is not FDA approved but my 2nd M is FDA approved which means I restarted the series.  The  shot of M now becomes my first dose which basically whips out the AZ shot.   So all i now need is another M shot. 

I also read Biden administration recommending boosters at 8 months

Thoughts:

Thank you for contacting CDC-INFO.

Here is the information you requested on Covid-19 vaccine.

If you received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or is listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), then you do not need any additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine. This currently includes the following vaccines:

• Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
  • Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
  • Johnson and Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
  • AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine
  • Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccine
  • Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 Vaccine

If you received a COVID-19 vaccine that is not authorized by FDA or listed for emergency use by WHO, you may start over with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you did not receive all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that is listed for emergency use by WHO but is not FDA-authorized, you may start over with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

Edited by schiff1997
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

Here is my online chat with Celebrity just now, please ignore the 3rd dose date as that is all up in the air of course, just mentioned for a reference to Celebrity

Chat started on 26 Aug 2021, 04:09 PM (GMT+0)
(04:09:07) *** SIobhan joined the chat ***
(04:09:07) SIobhan: Hi
(04:09:11) *** Valentina joined the chat ***
(04:09:14) Customer Service: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. We are experiencing high chat volume. One of our agents will be with you shortly.
(04:09:19) Valentina: Hello! Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises, where we take you to unforgettable destinations. My name is Valentina with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?
(04:09:37) SIobhan: Valentina hello such a beautiful name
(04:10:01) SIobhan: I have a question on fully vaccinated with a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale
(04:10:53) Valentina: Thank you!
(04:11:00) SIobhan: I have Astrazeneca as my first dose, Moderna as my second dose and now I am getting a 3rd dose of Moderna next week so I can travel . Will I now be fully vaccinated to cruise with Celebrity
(04:11:30) SIobhan: this is all so confusing
(04:12:05) SIobhan: I am canadian
(04:12:44) Valentina: yes, that would be considered as fully vaccinated with us
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, schiff1997 said:

Here is my online chat with Celebrity just now, please ignore the 3rd dose date as that is all up in the air of course, just mentioned for a reference to Celebrity

(04:09:14) Customer Service: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. We are experiencing high chat volume. One of our agents will be with you shortly.
(04:09:19) Valentina: Hello! Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises, where we take you to unforgettable destinations. My name is Valentina with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?
(04:10:01) SIobhan: I have a question on fully vaccinated with a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale
(04:11:00) SIobhan: I have Astrazeneca as my first dose, Moderna as my second dose and now I am getting a 3rd dose of Moderna next week so I can travel . Will I now be fully vaccinated to cruise with Celebrity

That is great news.  It is different than what I was told by celebrity last week.   I was told I would not be considered as vaccinated if I had first dose AZ and then two doses of Pfizer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tert333 said:

That is great news.  It is different than what I was told by celebrity last week.   I was told I would not be considered as vaccinated if I had first dose AZ and then two doses of Pfizer.

Ask again on the online chat, would be interesting but somewhat not surprised if you get a different answer.   

believe me I don’t want to have to get another dose,  I fully know here I am vaccinated with my mixed dose, but I do really want to travel again.  I can’t even go to visit my family in England yet as I am not considered fully vaccinated there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Of course not. It’s that they are ignoring the evidence that suggests AZ is fine and AZ plus mRNA is fine, and in some ways better than two mRNA. 

You are obviously ignoring what CDC has published on the issue. Which makes your claim somewhat ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broberts said:

You are obviously ignoring what CDC has published on the issue. Which makes your claim somewhat ridiculous. 

I’m familiar with what the CDC has published. I’m also familiar with the studies showing the efficacy of other vaccines and mixes. The CDC will get there, but they are behind. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, schiff1997 said:

Can I ask how you're getting a 3rd dose?  I need to do the same (AZ/Moderna) for travel by end of October.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, archer_310 said:

Can I ask how you're getting a 3rd dose?  I need to do the same (AZ/Moderna) for travel by end of October.

I have not got my 3rd dose yet as i previously stated in these threads  I do however am waiting for people who did get a 3rd dose from ONtario without any residency or employment etc in Quebec to let me know how they were able to do this.   I will report back once I find out here

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 10:28 AM, schiff1997 said:

I have not got my 3rd dose yet as i previously stated in these threads  I do however am waiting for people who did get a 3rd dose from ONtario without any residency or employment etc in Quebec to let me know how they were able to do this.   I will report back once I find out here

NB'er checking in. A friend who had a mix (AZ/Pfizer) has told me he was able to travel to another Maritime province and get a vaccine (his second Pfizer) with only his government ID.

• Like 2

We still don't know for sure if getting that elusive third shot will make us "fully vaccinated" in the eyes of the US CDC. I don't think anyone has tried to cruise using this "method". Not yet anyway.

Edited by bcwife76

6 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

NB'er checking in. A friend who had a mix (AZ/Pfizer) has told me he was able to travel to another Maritime province and get a vaccine (his second Pfizer) with only his government ID.

I am going to NB next week.  Part of my trip is to get a vaccination.   Can you let me know what I will get in regards to paperwork?   Will I get a pdf with the details of the vaccination, via email, or just a hard copy that I will bring home?

3 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I am going to NB next week.  Part of my trip is to get a vaccination.   Can you let me know what I will get in regards to paperwork?   Will I get a pdf with the details of the vaccination, via email, or just a hard copy that I will bring home?

Don't believe they're doing third doses in NB at this time.

3 hours ago, tert333 said:

All you need is gov ID and you will receive a hard copy.

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Don't believe they're doing third doses in NB at this time.

They're not. If you tell them its your third dose you wont get it. NB pharmacies will give any Canadian resident a dose of mRNA vaccine. They have no way of knowing or checking what you have for vaccines. If you tell them you need your second mRNA vaccine (technically the truth) then they will give it to you. I've already asked about this to a couple of pharmacies. You'll get a hard copy of the vaccine with the vaccine details. Upon returning home you can either go paper everywhere you go or when the vaccine passport comes out in your province, I'm sure registering an out of province vaccine wont be an issue.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

48 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

They're not. If you tell them its your third dose you wont get it. NB pharmacies will give any Canadian resident a dose of mRNA vaccine. They have no way of knowing or checking what you have for vaccines. If you tell them you need your second mRNA vaccine (technically the truth) then they will give it to you. I've already asked about this to a couple of pharmacies. You'll get a hard copy of the vaccine with the vaccine details. Upon returning home you can either go paper everywhere you go or when the vaccine passport comes out in your province, I'm sure registering an out of province vaccine wont be an issue.

Thanks for the response.  I was thinking of using the approach you stated.  I will report back how it went!

• Like 2

This week I finally took charge of the mixed vaccine issue and received my second mRNA vaccine after getting a AZ/mRNA mix. My province kept refusing my request to get another MRNA shot, so I went to another province. Without lying, I basically forgot  about my AZ dose. I told them that I was not a resident, did not have their health card, and did not have a address in their province. I took my passport and the details of my first mRNA vaccine shot. They filled out the vaccine document for me and even filled in all the details of my first mRNA shot from another province! So now I have one piece of paper showing all the details of both my shots that are the same and the AZ is gone. They said that when the Federal vaccine passports come out that it should be recorded from their province. Either way I now have the vaccine paperwork that I need to travel. It was a very good experience and I urge everyone who has mixed doses to not cancel your travel plans. Check with other provinces and keep on cruising!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atlantic Girl said:

This week I finally took charge of the mixed vaccine issue and received my second mRNA vaccine after getting a AZ/mRNA mix. My province kept refusing my request to get another MRNA shot, so I went to another province. Without lying, I basically forgot  about my AZ dose. I told them that I was not a resident, did not have their health card, and did not have a address in their province. I took my passport and the details of my first mRNA vaccine shot. They filled out the vaccine document for me and even filled in all the details of my first mRNA shot from another province! So now I have one piece of paper showing all the details of both my shots that are the same and the AZ is gone. They said that when the Federal vaccine passports come out that it should be recorded from their province. Either way I now have the vaccine paperwork that I need to travel. It was a very good experience and I urge everyone who has mixed doses to not cancel your travel plans. Check with other provinces and keep on cruising!

😉

12 minutes ago, Atlantic Girl said:

This week I finally took charge of the mixed vaccine issue and received my second mRNA vaccine after getting a AZ/mRNA mix. My province kept refusing my request to get another MRNA shot, so I went to another province. Without lying, I basically forgot  about my AZ dose.

You took charge of a mixed-vaccine situation even though you forgot that you had received mixed-vaccines?