Mixed Vaccines

MaddyandMax

We are only a couple of weeks away from November 8th and I've seen nothing from officials on either side of the border suggesting that the test requirement would be dropped from flights. I don't disagree with your logic, and I hope that you are right, but a major change like this would normally be announced - or leaked - in advance.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Yep. If you drive across the border you do not need an antigen test but if you are flying you still need one.

I can't find any confirmation of this. My understanding was that antigen test was still needed, but papers would only have to be presented if one was sent to secondary.

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

I can't find any confirmation of this. My understanding was that antigen test was still needed, but papers would only have to be presented if one was sent to secondary.

I've seen nothing at all suggesting that this requirement would be dropped. To the contrary, there are articles such as this one ( https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/travel-ban-on-certain-countries-to-be-6182814/ ) which confirm the continuation of the requirement to provide proof of a negative test:

ALL air travelers, including U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, will still need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of boarding a flight to the U.S.

Or this article ( https://www.bal.com/bal-news/united-states-covid-19-u-s-to-allow-fully-vaccinated-foreign-nationals-to-enter-starting-nov-8/ ) that sates in part:

Air travel. Effective Nov. 8, adult foreign nationals entering the country by air will need to show proof of vaccination and a recent negative COVID-19 test.

While the bulk of reporting has been focussed on the requirement to be fully vaccinated, and on the CDC's acceptance of mixed vaccines, there are numerous articles that mention the continuation of the test requirement.  

14 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've seen nothing at all suggesting that this requirement would be dropped. To the contrary, there are articles such as this one ( https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/travel-ban-on-certain-countries-to-be-6182814/ ) which confirm the continuation of the requirement to provide proof of a negative test:

ALL air travelers, including U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, will still need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of boarding a flight to the U.S.

Or this article ( https://www.bal.com/bal-news/united-states-covid-19-u-s-to-allow-fully-vaccinated-foreign-nationals-to-enter-starting-nov-8/ ) that sates in part:

Air travel. Effective Nov. 8, adult foreign nationals entering the country by air will need to show proof of vaccination and a recent negative COVID-19 test.

While the bulk of reporting has been focussed on the requirement to be fully vaccinated, and on the CDC's acceptance of mixed vaccines, there are numerous articles that mention the continuation of the test requirement.  

Forgot to specify, I was referring to land crossings.

12 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I knew I saw it somewhere

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Does this Order apply to land border crossings?

No, the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the US.

That's what I thought. The requirement continues for flights but is not included for land crossings.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Has anyone seen anything on whether the "attestation form" will still be required as of November 8? 

I've seen nothing and don't really expect to see anything. As the requirement for a negative test remains intact, I can't see them dropping the related attestation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Do you have a link to the land crossings requirements?

Here's one from Homeland Security:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/12/secretary-mayorkas-allow-fully-vaccinated-travelers-canada-and-mexico-enter-us-land

It doesn't address such standard pre-COVID requirements as passports, prohibited items and the like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Here's one from Homeland Security:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/12/secretary-mayorkas-allow-fully-vaccinated-travelers-canada-and-mexico-enter-us-land

It doesn't address such standard pre-COVID requirements as passports, prohibited items and the like. 

Thanks. I wish testing was mentioned explicitly. It seems odd to me that entry requirements differ based on the method.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, broberts said:

Thanks. I wish testing was mentioned explicitly. It seems odd to me that entry requirements differ based on the method.

I think that it's fairly common government practise to announce only what will be required when introducing a new program.

The existing essential border crossings into the US have never required testing, and I'd guess that the US administration wanted to avoid the political fallout of introducing a new test requirement at this late date. And if they tried to make it a requirement for non-essential travellers only, it would be political nightmare too.

As for flying versus driving, who knows why? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As for flying versus driving, who knows why?

The predictability of passenger traffic (air travel), the ability to control the traffic and being able to offload most of the verification work onto the airlines are some possible explanations.

• Like 1

If anyone posted this and I missed it I apologize....this morning I see that Air Canada has a discount for PCR testing at various places in multiple provinces.  I just booked PharmaSave in Waterloo/St Jacobs for a RT-PCR test for $100, then there will be a 10% discount from Air Canada (so $90).  This is the cheapest I've found yet.  I was originally booked at the London Travel Clinic for $180.  PharmaSave says they get the results in about 24 -30 hours.  I need this for a Bermuda Travel Authorizations (new requirement for Bermuda).  This information was originally found on the Air Canada website.

1 hour ago, hubbards said:

If anyone posted this and I missed it I apologize....this morning I see that Air Canada has a discount for PCR testing at various places in multiple provinces.  I just booked PharmaSave in Waterloo/St Jacobs for a RT-PCR test for $100, then there will be a 10% discount from Air Canada (so $90).  This is the cheapest I've found yet.  I was originally booked at the London Travel Clinic for $180.  PharmaSave says they get the results in about 24 -30 hours.  I need this for a Bermuda Travel Authorizations (new requirement for Bermuda).  This information was originally found on the Air Canada website.

That is a very good price for a PCR test

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hubbards said:

Check out this pharmacy -  https://waterlooclinic.com/ 

From their site - "We offer COVID-19 RT-PCR & Antigen testing for international travel. 
A fee of $75 will apply for RT-PCR Tests and a fee of $30 will apply for Antigen Tests.
 Test results turnaround time: RT-PCR Tests: 24h-48h, Antigen Test: 30min.
QR code available upon request for RT-PCR Tests
To book an appointment call us at 1-855-414-2255 or walk-ins are accepted at Waterloo Clinic (170 University Ave. W, Waterloo, ON)"

1 hour ago, Cardex said:

Check out this pharmacy -  https://waterlooclinic.com/ 

From their site - "We offer COVID-19 RT-PCR & Antigen testing for international travel. 
A fee of $75 will apply for RT-PCR Tests and a fee of $30 will apply for Antigen Tests.
 Test results turnaround time: RT-PCR Tests: 24h-48h, Antigen Test: 30min.
QR code available upon request for RT-PCR Tests
To book an appointment call us at 1-855-414-2255 or walk-ins are accepted at Waterloo Clinic (170 University Ave. W, Waterloo, ON)"

Not quick, but definitely a competitive price for the PCR test.

6 minutes ago, hubbards said:

I saw that but I’m hesitant to trust that place.  Sounds too good to be true.

I have no personal experience with the clinic, but it has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+, and the BBB has received zero complaints. That sound pretty good to me.