Jump to content

Mixed Vaccines


MaddyandMax
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, pixiedust777 said:

Where did you get this information from because on Royals site under the healthy sailing questions about vaccines it still states that mixed vaccines will not be accepted as being fully vaccinated.

That changed yesterday.  They will accept mixed doses, but you may not be able to get off at certain ports is what they are saying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Marymommyof3 said:

That changed yesterday.  They will accept mixed doses, but you may not be able to get off at certain ports is what they are saying.

Could you post the link to this change? When i go to the website it says:

  • The full vaccination cycle must be completed at least 14 days before your sail date (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series such as Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of J&J). 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Could you post the link to this change? When i go to the website it says:

  • The full vaccination cycle must be completed at least 14 days before your sail date (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series such as Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of J&J). 

I just read that too - it changed again from yesterday, but it is a little confusing.  It doesn't say that they will not accept 2 different doses, whereas on other cruise websites it specifically says that two different does will be considered unvaccinated.   Who knows - I am so upset by this.  I have a cruise booked and feel like I've been shortchanged by our government.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Marymommyof3 said:

I just read that too - it changed again from yesterday, but it is a little confusing.  It doesn't say that they will not accept 2 different doses, whereas on other cruise websites it specifically says that two different does will be considered unvaccinated.   Who knows - I am so upset by this.  I have a cruise booked and feel like I've been shortchanged by our government.  

 

I know. 

And if I'm going to rant even more I hate that when I read the Carnival section and their Facebook pages all sorts of unvaccinated people are whining about not being allowed to cruise.

And here we are. Canadians. Willing to spend ALOT of money in the U.S. And we're vaccinated. And we followed all the rules. And... we don't know if we are allowed to cruise.

 

Ok.  I'm done whining.. for now 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ddtravel2013 said:

Has Celebrity removed their policy on mixed vacc. ? I don't see it anymore.

 

A follow up to my earlier post. Celebrity has now modified its stance on mixed vaccinations:

 

Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest ‘fully vaccinated’ with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines only.  No other mixed vaccine doses will qualify a guest as ‘fully vaccinated”. Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccine doses and therefore could restrict those guests from going ashore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called Celebrity today to seek clarification. The media stories are not consistent and trying to locate the answers on the website may be challenging for some. The representative (who also confirmed with a superior), confirmed Celebrity is not allowing any guests with mixed vaccines at this time, however they said this may change - as everyone naturally assumes. We're booked for an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver in May 2022 with three staterooms. Four of our six Canadian passengers are double dose Pfizer recipients so they're good to go and two have mixed MRNA vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna). Those two guests are the 'challenge' for us at this time. Only the deposit has been paid but we all intend to cruise and are excited about it so hopefully this works it self out in the meantime. We also booked in advance of this vaccine policy coming into effect. No country to my knowledge has allowed a third dose of any vaccine to 'rectify' the situation. We're booked in a nonrefundable fare category, so if Celebrity only gives a credit, the credit will be useless to the mixed vaccine couple unless the vaccine policy changes. I had a lengthy discussion with the representative about all the above, their best advice was to sit tight for the time being and keep in contact to see how this evolves. Our final deposits are not due until February 2022. What should be a happy experience becomes stressful when the bureaucrats around the world cannot communicate and give consistent advice - but that's in an ideal world which we don't have. For now, we will sit tight and see how this unfolds. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PalmTreesSway said:

I called Celebrity today to seek clarification. The media stories are not consistent and trying to locate the answers on the website may be challenging for some. The representative (who also confirmed with a superior), confirmed Celebrity is not allowing any guests with mixed vaccines at this time, however they said this may change - as everyone naturally assumes. We're booked for an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver in May 2022 with three staterooms. Four of our six Canadian passengers are double dose Pfizer recipients so they're good to go and two have mixed MRNA vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna). Those two guests are the 'challenge' for us at this time. Only the deposit has been paid but we all intend to cruise and are excited about it so hopefully this works it self out in the meantime. We also booked in advance of this vaccine policy coming into effect. No country to my knowledge has allowed a third dose of any vaccine to 'rectify' the situation. We're booked in a nonrefundable fare category, so if Celebrity only gives a credit, the credit will be useless to the mixed vaccine couple unless the vaccine policy changes. I had a lengthy discussion with the representative about all the above, their best advice was to sit tight for the time being and keep in contact to see how this evolves. Our final deposits are not due until February 2022. What should be a happy experience becomes stressful when the bureaucrats around the world cannot communicate and give consistent advice - but that's in an ideal world which we don't have. For now, we will sit tight and see how this unfolds. 

As is so often the case, those you speak to at Celebrity, and frequently their supervisors, are not kept up to date. Celebrity published a revision to its policy late yesterday, and those with mixed Pfizer/Moderna doses are now accepted as fully vaccinated. So your two friends are good to go. To repeat the new policy:

 

Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest ‘fully vaccinated’ with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines only.  No other mixed vaccine doses will qualify a guest as ‘fully vaccinated”. Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccine doses and therefore could restrict those guests from going ashore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

As is so often the case, those you speak to at Celebrity, and frequently their supervisors, are not kept up to date. Celebrity published a revision to its policy late yesterday, and those with mixed Pfizer/Moderna doses are now accepted as fully vaccinated. So your two friends are good to go. To repeat the new policy:

 

Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest ‘fully vaccinated’ with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines only.  No other mixed vaccine doses will qualify a guest as ‘fully vaccinated”. Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccine doses and therefore could restrict those guests from going ashore.

Thank you. I just saw this on another thread too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately my wife and I are in the mixed vaccine category (Az and Pfizer).  Our planned cruise on Celebrity for next spring to the Greek Islands is now in jeopardy!  We only hope that Celebrity has the decency to provide a full refund, and not a FCC!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nlcruiser30 said:

Unfortunately my wife and I are in the mixed vaccine category (Az and Pfizer).  Our planned cruise on Celebrity for next spring to the Greek Islands is now in jeopardy!  We only hope that Celebrity has the decency to provide a full refund, and not a FCC!

Did you book with a refundable deposit? If so, there should be no issue getting a refund if you cancel before final payment date, still many months away. If you booked with a non-refundable deposit, you have little chance of getting a full refund.

 

That said, I wouldn't be in any hurry to cancel, as the whole issue of mixed vaccinations may well be resolved before final payment. The GOC is well aware of the issue, and it involves far more than cruise passengers. Be patient and see how thing play out over the next six months or so until final payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes we will be waiting,  but I just find it frustrating to read about this in the news.  The advice that we all followed from the GOC, ( and can also be found on the WHO site for vaccination advice is “Take whatever vaccine is made available to you first, even if you have already had COVID-19. It is important to be vaccinated as soon as possible once it’s your turn and not wait. Approved COVID-19 vaccines provide a high degree of protection against getting seriously ill and dying from the disease, although no vaccine is 100% protective. 

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nlcruiser30 said:

Yes we will be waiting,  but I just find it frustrating to read about this in the news.  The advice that we all followed from the GOC, ( and can also be found on the WHO site for vaccination advice is “Take whatever vaccine is made available to you first, even if you have already had COVID-19. It is important to be vaccinated as soon as possible once it’s your turn and not wait. Approved COVID-19 vaccines provide a high degree of protection against getting seriously ill and dying from the disease, although no vaccine is 100% protective. 

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

 

Definitely frustrating. Given the lives saved and cases prevented by the two major decision, first to delay second shots in order to get more people with first shots, then to allow mixing to play catch up with second shots, I still believe that the GOC decisions were the right ones to make. The vaccine acceptance issue has become an issue, but I think that it will be resolved fairly quickly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ciren219 said:

 

We are paid in full for a Sept Alaska cruise. My husband and I both had AstraZeneca and Pfizer. It doesn't matter who changed the rules, if the cruise lines prevent us from sailing, they should refund and not give a FCC. What good is a FCC if they don't change the rules and prevent us for using a FCC?

 

Just got of the phone with Celebrity’s resolution department for our now cancelled August 7th cruise.

We we’re offered a full refund of all monies paid due to the change in vaccine policy and even with the recent changes we do not qualify. 
We are AZ/Moderna.

They did ask if we wanted to cruise under the unvaccinated status and said absolutely not. Why should it cost me nearly 1k more in testing fees and be limited to where and what I could do onboard.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Just got of the phone with Celebrity’s resolution department for our now cancelled August 7th cruise.

We we’re offered a full refund of all monies paid due to the change in vaccine policy and even with the recent changes we do not qualify. 
We are AZ/Moderna.

They did ask if we wanted to cruise under the unvaccinated status and said absolutely not. Why should it cost me nearly 1k more in testing fees and be limited to where and what I could do onboard.

Glad you are not out money. Not glad you had to cancel.

 

This is like a repeat of March 2020 when I'm sure everyone booked for March Break trips was scrambling to get refunds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

They did ask if we wanted to cruise under the unvaccinated status and said absolutely not. Why should it cost me nearly 1k more in testing fees and be limited to where and what I could do onboard.

Not to mention being stuck for the whole cruise with a bunch of people who are Unvaccinated!!! That would be the scary part for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

Not to mention being stuck for the whole cruise with a bunch of people who are Unvaccinated!!! That would be the scary part for me.

 Currently most cruise lines are doing 95% vaccinated so you are going to have people who are not vaccinated on your cruise.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, K_e_short said:

 Currently most cruise lines are doing 95% vaccinated so you are going to have people who are not vaccinated on your cruise.

 

Yes but I meant that pixiedust777, as categorized unvaccinatied would probably be lumped in with all of the other truly unvaccinated pax on the cruise ship for say, meals, shows, etc.  Mandatory masks and tests etc. etc.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

Yes but I meant that pixiedust777, as categorized unvaccinatied would probably be lumped in with all of the other truly unvaccinated pax on the cruise ship for say, meals, shows, etc.  Mandatory masks and tests etc. etc.  

Interesting. I guess I have only been following Carnival where you just have to wear a mask inside.

You aren't allowed off the ship but on the ship everyone is mixed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Interesting. I guess I have only been following Carnival where you just have to wear a mask inside.

You aren't allowed off the ship but on the ship everyone is mixed up.

I thought I head read somewhere, in this mess of information coming at us about all of this, that one line is going to segregate the unvaccinated for meals etc.  

Edited by Clarabella_Baby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

I thought I head read somewhere, in this mess of information coming at us about all of this, that one line is going to segregate the unvaccinated for meals etc.  

Yes Celebrity will have separate areas for unvaccinated adults.

 

CA98C332-D067-4CFD-9E01-68A23401F3A8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Just got of the phone with Celebrity’s resolution department for our now cancelled August 7th cruise.

We we’re offered a full refund of all monies paid due to the change in vaccine policy and even with the recent changes we do not qualify. 

 

I'm so glad you got a refund as you should because the policy changed. I expect we'll cancel our Sept cruise and hope the policy changes for our New Years cruise on the Apex. Like you, I don't want to pay extra fees for tests and treated as though we're unvaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marymommyof3 said:

I just read that too - it changed again from yesterday, but it is a little confusing.  It doesn't say that they will not accept 2 different doses, whereas on other cruise websites it specifically says that two different does will be considered unvaccinated.   Who knows - I am so upset by this.  I have a cruise booked and feel like I've been shortchanged by our government.  

 

I'm not plugging any party but just reminding you that there is a Federal Election coming soon.  Just saying....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got off phone....oh boy.....after much....like a ton...of discussing, we were able to push this winter cruise ( lifted and shifted x 2 or maybe 3 times now )to next fall.Fully paid since 2018 or was it 2019? The inconsistency and confusion of rules is ridiculous, stressful, and leaves us in total state of hell. We can’t book flights in this confused state without chancing loss of flight money (been there x 2 now). The Covid testing is another  issue re getting back into Canada.
One would think the cruise lines would bend over backwards to help mitigate the issues for Cdns to get the money flowing back into cruise line coffers. In the least, offer assistance to make our plight easier. A PCR test onboard would help big time, and I’m willing to pay for it! This long time cruiser has been left with a very bad taste....sad, we really enjoyed the seas🐬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...