Jump to content

Mixed Vaccines


MaddyandMax
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Unbelievable! That means more cancellations for us, as we were to fly through LHR enroute to Italy, in October. I assumed Canada would move to Green status in the UK soon. Maybe this issue is why Canada is still Amber. If and when the US opens the land border we’ll drive across and get a third dose. 

That brings up a good question in regards to in-transit.  If you are just changing planes, you may be ok. 

 

Also, remember that if Canada moves to green status, then you don't have to be vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, tert333 said:

That brings up a good question in regards to in-transit.  If you are just changing planes, you may be ok. 

 

Also, remember that if Canada moves to green status, then you don't have to be vaccinated.

I think you’re right. I was so surprised to see Canada on the Amber list when I checked for the first time yesterday, I jumped to conclusions too quickly. Transiting (vs. entering) through LHR should be ok. I remember changing terminals last time and going through security. But it probably wasn’t border control. 

 

On the return in November, we do plan to actually enter England. If Canada is Green by then, we should be good. If not, we’ll cancel that flight and fly from continental Europe. Germany should be safe. After all Angela Merkel has had mixed doses! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, Robjame said:

The best suggestion I have seen is to print your watermarked proof of vaccine from the Ontario website. Print only the second vaccine sheet which says you have two vaccines and that the second one is Moderna. This would satisfy requirements as it is official and accesses your information so is more difficult to counterfeit.

Which Ontario website would i get this from, thanks so much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Unbelievable! That means more cancellations for us, as we were to fly through LHR enroute to Italy, in October. I assumed Canada would move to Green status in the UK soon. Maybe this issue is why Canada is still Amber. If and when the US opens the land border we’ll drive across and get a third dose. 

 

If one is just transiting through LHR would UK vaccination status be an issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently (last weekend) a colleague of mine had planned to fly from Austria to Mexico through the US.  Two days before he was denied to check into his flight.  Took him a week and still waiting to hear how much extra it cost to change his flight direct to Mexico.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is RCCL, but what goes for RCCL typically also applies to Celebrity.  I won't add any spin to this, so take it for what it's worth.  Look here in regards to Canadians with mixed vaccines at about 15:50.   

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Norwegian aren’t accepting mixed doses as fully vaccinated. The CDC still doesn’t accept them.  We have Moderna/Pfizer.  That’s accepted in few other countries though that is changing fast. And the acceptance of some Astra Zeneca vaccines depends on where they were produced. Add to that yesterdays 30 day extension of the non-essential cross border (land) travel ban to the USA. We’ve had 2 eastbound TAs cancelled in April 20 and 21, and now praying that this all gets sorted before our Dec 5 TA, westbound from Italy. So as of today that means 5 days quarantine there before we board. It’s not going to be an easy ride anywhere for quite a few more months while there are so many other distractions in Canada around the world besides Covid and our plight.  Meanwhile I don’t know what happened to the 45,000 soon to expire Moderna vaccines in Ontario last month. The Ontario Pharmacists Assn talked of 3rd doses to the over 80’s but I heard nothing more. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

I don’t think so. See my follow up post.

There are various status across UK. And across Europe. A few weeks ago anyone on a plane from England had to test negative into Italy. And Italy’s quarantine status just went up. Things are changing almost weekly, if not daily over there…as they are here. I’m not booking any flights until we know for sure we can get in and out . And our mixed vac status is resolved. I can’t get to my family is in Wales and they can’t get here.  In Wales the covid status is better than England. But there are no international airports in Wales. This is crazy making! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

There are various status across UK. And across Europe. A few weeks ago anyone on a plane from England had to test negative into Italy. And Italy’s quarantine status just went up. Things are changing almost weekly, if not daily over there…as they are here. I’m not booking any flights until we know for sure we can get in and out . And our mixed vac status is resolved. I can’t get to my family is in Wales and they can’t get here.  In Wales the covid status is better than England. But there are no international airports in Wales. This is crazy making! 

Thanks for pointing this out. Testing isn’t a problem, but currently Italy requires five days self isolation for those flying from England. I have no idea if this applies to those transiting through LHR, like we are, but it’s one more concern to add to the list. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, K_e_short said:

 

Carnival has the same policy.

It really puts a lot of people in a stressful situation as many people in Ontario got Astra Zeneca as their first dose and then were told to get Pfizer/Modernas as their second.

 

I have two Pfizer vaccinations and my partner has an Astra Zeneca and a Pfizer. Astra Zeneca was unavailable for a second shot so we went with Pfizer. Due to this policy about mixed vaccinations we are likely going to have to cancel our cruise. Fortunately we have until July 10, 2022 to cancel and receive our deposit back in full. There needs to be a universal policy based on vaccine effectiveness regardless of the brand of the vaccine. Also it needs to be based on science and medical experts - not the politicians who seem to try to take over the discussion.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CalgaryMac said:

I have two Pfizer vaccinations and my partner has an Astra Zeneca and a Pfizer. Astra Zeneca was unavailable for a second shot so we went with Pfizer. Due to this policy about mixed vaccinations we are likely going to have to cancel our cruise. Fortunately we have until July 10, 2022 to cancel and receive our deposit back in full. There needs to be a universal policy based on vaccine effectiveness regardless of the brand of the vaccine. Also it needs to be based on science and medical experts - not the politicians who seem to try to take over the discussion.

You will probably be fine, as by that time, everyone will be getting 3rd doses.  It is already happening in Europe and supposed to start in the US on September 20 for those who have received their vaccination eight months earlier.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First rep from Celebrity told me no to two doses of AZ. Decided to wait a few weeks and call again. This time I’m being told yes, it’s fine. I sail September 11 so I guess I will find out soon enough. I did also double check in the vaccine receipt portal and both my doses say AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, Robjame said:

The best suggestion I have seen is to print your watermarked proof of vaccine from the Ontario website. Print only the second vaccine sheet which says you have two vaccines and that the second one is Moderna. This would satisfy requirements as it is official and accesses your information so is more difficult to counterfeit.

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that you do NOT need the watermarked copy of the vaccination from Ontario.  We cruised last week with the regular printed copy of the PDF file that we received via email from the Ontario Government.  I tried showing a copy of just the 2nd dose page and the agent said that he had to record the date of each dose, so he insisted on seeing the receipt for the 1st dose as well (which I had printed separately and took just in case they asked for it - which they did).  He also looked very closely to ensure that I did not mix vaccines.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that you do NOT need the watermarked copy of the vaccination from Ontario.  We cruised last week with the regular printed copy of the PDF file that we received via email from the Ontario Government.  I tried showing a copy of just the 2nd dose page and the agent said that he had to record the date of each dose, so he insisted on seeing the receipt for the 1st dose as well (which I had printed separately and took just in case they asked for it - which they did).  He also looked very closely to ensure that I did not mix vaccines.

 

Thank you for sharing your experience. both in this thread and others. Very much appreciated.

 

I am wondering why they were looking at the date of both doses, considering the interval between the two doesn't matter.. and it's really only the 2nd dose date that is important (14 days before the cruise).

 

Do you know if they double checked with Ontario regarding your vaccine status? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

 

Thank you for sharing your experience. both in this thread and others. Very much appreciated.

 

I am wondering why they were looking at the date of both doses, considering the interval between the two doesn't matter.. and it's really only the 2nd dose date that is important (14 days before the cruise).

 

Standardized system, maybe?  The interval doesn't matter for US cruises or same-manufacturer doses, but RCL's policy on mixed doses out of non-US ports does still come with an interval restriction (unfortunately).  Likely they're just using a software system that requires both to be recorded?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, K_e_short said:

 

Thank you for sharing your experience. both in this thread and others. Very much appreciated.

 

I am wondering why they were looking at the date of both doses, considering the interval between the two doesn't matter.. and it's really only the 2nd dose date that is important (14 days before the cruise).

 

Do you know if they double checked with Ontario regarding your vaccine status? 

 

I believe there is in some circumstances a a concern if the two doses are more than 42 days apart.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...