What does MSC mean by "soft ice cream" on the non alcoholic drink package???

Seems like a weird thing to put if they are meaning the soft serve machines in the cafeteria that everyone is eligible to get. You would think it means gelato, is that the case? Also says energy drinks are included but are not included in the easy package, am I reading that correct? Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

I have not seen any soft serve ice cream machines on MSC.

they are referring to the soft ice cream used in a few mocktails.

Yes energy drinks are not in the easy package but in the easy plus package

Edited by drsel

Virtuosa has a soft serve machine at one of the bars by the pool. It even includes free toppings, but it is only free for kids on the kids drink package.

• Thanks 1

Seaside had soft serve ice cream (best I've had on a cruise ship). Sad part was it was only in one location and not always easily accessible. 😞

21 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

Seaside had soft serve ice cream (best I've had on a cruise ship). Sad part was it was only in one location and not always easily accessible. 😞

Sounds similar to Meraviglia. There was one on deck 15 (?) on poolside aft of the buffet area (NOT part of buffet). 

29 minutes ago, Rhea98 said:

Sounds similar to Meraviglia. There was one on deck 15 (?) on poolside aft of the buffet area (NOT part of buffet). 

Thanks.....I have a reservation for Meraviglia in Sept. Deck 15 here I come. 🙂

I have sailed on the Divina and Armonia.

In those ships, soft serve ice cream meant the self service machines that might contain ice cream (usually more of a quasi ice milk concoction thickened with gums and whey).

The gelato is scooped for you and has a charge.

Haven't found a soft serve machine on MSC Seaview, but was very happy with the reasonable price for gelato in the ice cream shop near the aft pool. True Italian quality.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:46 PM, kilkoyne said:

What are the charges?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, drsel said:

What are the charges?

No charges for the soft serve ice cream but it was in the buffet dining area which was only open certain times (Biscayne Bay Restaurant/Buffet on deck 15 I believe).

You had to wait in line and someone was serving it so you couldn't make your own gigantic cone if you wanted. 

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Thanks 1

The soft serve on the Meraviglia (North Atlantic spring 2018) was $3-$4 USD. That was the version with the toppings assortment at Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar. It was good--not like I've tried on Carnival. (NCL had ok soft serve but even better hand-dipped on their buffets). The gelato, which was really good with huge servings, was between $8-10 USD.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:41 PM, Rhea98 said:

Was the soft serve free or would someone need to purchase a drink package? 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Seems like a weird thing to put if they are meaning the soft serve machines in the cafeteria that everyone is eligible to get. You would think it means gelato, is that the case? Also says energy drinks are included but are not included in the easy package, am I reading that correct? Thanks in advance.

It's the slop out of a machine that looks like something the dog left.