Grand Classica Test

Today is the day for the Bahamas Paradise Cruise line to strut their stuff. I’ve been watching PTZTV and the smoky funnels of the Classica all day. I’m going to presume that she’ll shove off at her usual 6 pm. Here is wishing luck to the cruise line and a trip back to normalcy. Bon Voyage to all who sail her tonight. 

• Like 1

I don’t know what happened but there sure were a lot of people watching PTZTV. If anyone knows why she didn’t sail please enlighten us. This will put several cruises in jeopardy to sail on their scheduled dates. 🥺

2 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

I don’t know what happened but there sure were a lot of people watching PTZTV. If anyone knows why she didn’t sail please enlighten us. This will put several cruises in jeopardy to sail on their scheduled dates. 🥺

I was correct. According to their schedule the rest of the week’s sailings have disappeared off their schedule.  Now just maybe they were sold out but I find that very suspicious.

I mentioned this before. Last Friday on the news. I only caught a part of it. Test sailing for the Grand Classica was canceled and no information from the cruise line when another will be scheduled. I tried to find it in the evening but no luck. Just took a look at the live web cam. Still there. https://www.palmbeachinletwebcam.com/

Still at dock; no smoke from funnels.  What can we conclude?  Someone onboard tested positive for Covid thus delaying the test sailing?  Such a thing happened with one of the Disney ships.  

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

The lack of information from BPCL is upsetting. Anyone booked with them for July?

I did not and I will not. First, they cannot sail yet. Have no idea when they will do a test cruise, Second, the final cost once all is added up is way to costly for a 2 day cruise. Even if they offer another BOGO.

I can get a 3 day for less with a better cruise line and ship and food. So basically I am just watching to see what will happen to them in the future.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:22 AM, pinkie60 said:

Well it’s official. Someone tested positive on the test sailing. They have cancelled all cruises up to July 21st. Their re-start date is July 22nd. I’m booked for the 30th.  My family who live with me in Palm Beach County are taking time off for this cruise. So I think we might make a plan B and make reservations for a hotel stay if this doesn’t pan. And then the fight will begin for a refund. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

Well it’s official. Someone tested positive on the test sailing. They have cancelled all cruises up to July 21st. Their re-start date is July 22nd. I’m booked for the 30th.  My family who live with me in Palm Beach County are taking time off for this cruise. So I think we might make a plan B and make reservations for a hotel stay if this doesn’t pan. And then the fight will begin for a refund. 

What test cruise did they test positive on? They never did a test cruise did they?

9 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

The ship never sailed, so there was never a test cruise.

11 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

You are referring to the July 2nd test cruise that was cancelled because an employee tested positive. Not the July 13th. No one knows why it did not sail for the July 13th test cruise. At this time they have not said when. The pushed back July sailings, but no cruises till they do a test cruise. Unless the CDC changes it.

No one seems to know what is happening with this cruise line. If someone has an inside track on this, please enlighten us on what’s going on. 

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

The ship has been listed for sale, make of that what you will.

Means little, probably.  Many cruise ships are for sale if the buyer meets the seller's price.  There were HAL ships "for sale" for many years before someone bought them.  

On 7/15/2021 at 11:10 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

What test cruise did they test positive on? 

My take on this is that the individual was on the ship when they tested positive just before the test cruise was to begin.  Thus, the cancellation of the test cruise.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quattrohead said:

The ship has been listed for sale, make of that what you will.

Listed by whom?  There are ship brokers who put up very detailed and real looking listings for ships only to have the cruise line deny the ship is for sale.  Recently the entire Crystal river cruise fleet was listed; Crystal denied and pointed to record bookings for this season and next. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My take on this is that the individual was on the ship when they tested positive just before the test cruise was to begin.  Thus, the cancellation of the test cruise.  

Guess you missed this. You are referring to the July 2nd test cruise that was cancelled because an employee tested positive. Not the July 13th. No one knows why it did not sail for the July 13th test cruise. At this time they have not said when. The pushed back July sailings, but no cruises till they do a test cruise. Unless the CDC changes it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, toad455 said:

BPCL looking like a third-rate cruise line right now.

They always have been. They do not treat the guests properly. Refunds take many, many months if at all. They want you to book another cruise. Last time I agreed. The price went up $100.00. They do not give you a cruise at the same price. Never again.