Accomplished Check In Without Ocean Medallion No App Needed

cruzsnooze

Princess CruisesI was able to give them all my information and get a boarding time. . I also need to bring my vaccination proof to the port at check in. I will use the medallion as the boarding pass to get inside to check in and then go get a regular card on board at guest services  No app needed. I used this phone number 844-525-0942

Great News Karen!

Your OceanMedallion order OCEAN-00000 for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.

Hero Banner

If you have any questions or comments, please call 1-844-525-0942. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
Thank you,
Ocean Medallion Fulfillment, Ltd.
© 2021 Carnival Corporation
Privacy Statement Terms of Use

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Do you have to call back to do the health screening or did they take care of that as well? 

She told me to just bring it to the pier. I asked for an early boarding time since I'm driving to the pier and need a handicap spot to park and they go fast after disembarkation of the previous passengers. I'm sailing in Sept and will report back about how smoothly it goes at check in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That is encouraging.  Now other questions.  How far out is your cruise (since Medallion will be mailed to you)?  What arrival time did they give you?  

I'm sailing on Sept 30. She said I was 4 days too early for an arrival assignment but assured me since I am elite tier and in a full suite I'll get my choice in 4 days. AND............drum roll please...........................She said she inputted my information on the four following cruises I have after this one. She said she had my picture and passport information and address (it hasn't changed) from my last cruise so I will bypass that too at check in.  I wanted to post all this to help the people who are nervous about not using an app that they will be able to cruise with the minimal inconvenience of a phone call to the ocean ready/medallion help line which I posted. The person who did this for me was as pleasant and accommodating as could be. 

You will not be denied boarding if you don't have or won't use the app or medallion. She even told me  people who have stated they have a pacemaker do not get mailed a medallion. 

I will call back in a few days to confirm I was assigned an early arrival time and report back to you all. It did take 30 minutes to get through to this department so you need some patience.  If anyone wants me to ask them a specific  question post it here and I'll ask for you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm sailing on Sept 30. She said I was 4 days too early for an arrival assignment but assured me since I am elite tier and in a full suite I'll get my choice in 4 days. AND............drum roll please...........................She said she inputted my information on the four following cruises I have after this one. She said she had my picture and passport information and address (it hasn't changed) from my last cruise so I will bypass that too at check in.  I wanted to post all this to help the people who are nervous about not using an app that they will be able to cruise with the minimal inconvenience of a phone call to the ocean ready/medallion help line which I posted. The person who did this for me was as pleasant and accommodating as could be. 

You will not be denied boarding if you don't have or won't use the app or medallion. She even told me  people who have stated they have a pacemaker do not get mailed a medallion. 

I will call back in a few days to confirm I was assigned an early arrival time and report back to you all. It did take 30 minutes to get through to this department so you need some patience.  If anyone wants me to ask them a specific  question post it here and I'll ask for you.

This is so helpful!!!

Always appreciate hearing back from those with first hand experience. 

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was able to give them all my information and get a boarding time. . I also need to bring my vaccination proof to the port at check in. I will use the medallion as the boarding pass to get inside to check in and then go get a regular card on board at guest services  No app needed. I used this phone number 844-525-0942

Hero Banner

Thanks so much for posting this!  

I tried wrestling with the Medallion app and, like so many others, was getting very frustrated and would like an alternative where I don't have to deal with the APP.   

I suspect that there will be quite a few people who don't want to have to deal with this and so Princess will find that the workload to get these passengers registered will increase.

Edited by Smokeyham

59 minutes ago, voljeep said:

curious - do you 'need' a card, or just 'want' one ?  given the whole 'touchless experience' it 'may' be harder, as it should be' just to 'want' a cruise card

I like the card and have collected them from all my cruises. They have a chip that unlocks your cabin door but you have to hold it up to the reader at the door. Touchless just like the medallion. I don't understand all this touchless mentality knowing  Covid is a respiratory transmission not a contact one. Last cruise I used the card and when I disembarked at ports they scanned the card so it was touchless anyway. Most people had the medallion but I chose the cruise card. This time I may use the medallion for getting off at ports and on rboard use the cruise card, you can have both.

• Like 4

Thank you so much for sharing this very important information!  You’ve just eased the minds of many CC members.  I finally was able to negotiate the app and get everything done that was needed, but good to know that if something was not perfect, I have option B to fall back on.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for posting your  experience .  I just up graded to new I Phone in anticipation  of having to need one for a January  cruise, oh well.

Maybe Princess  is starting to get tired  of reading  and hearing all the complaints they're  receiving about their new poorly designed system

• Like 3

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

This caught my eye. There are port fees and taxes, as with any cruise. But does mean they tax the Medallion itself and charge a fee for mailing it? Did you buy wrist straps and such that are taxable? What are the fees mentioned?

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

This caught my eye. There are port fees and taxes, as with any cruise. But does mean they tax the Medallion itself and charge a fee for mailing it? Did you buy wrist straps and such that are taxable? What are the fees mentioned?

I did not buy anything extra. There is no fee for mailing these either.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I did not buy anything extra. There is no fee for mailing these either.

In the U.K. they do not mail the Medallion, we have to collect it at the terminal, so it will be interesting to see how it works here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

In the U.K. they do not mail the Medallion, we have to collect it at the terminal, so it will be interesting to see how it works here.

In some ways I might just prefer to collect the medallion at the port.  One less thing to think about/remember to bring.   However, if the concept is that you don't have to wait in any line and just walk on board with your medallion, that would be beneficial.

1 minute ago, Smokeyham said:

In some ways I might just prefer to collect the medallion at the port.  One less thing to think about/remember to bring.   However, if the concept is that you don't have to wait in any line and just walk on board with your medallion, that would be beneficial.

That's what she told me, no line but I doubt it because you still need to show your proof of vaccination. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

That's what she told me, no line but I doubt it because you still need to show your proof of vaccination. 

I was thinking the same thing, that there must be somewhere you show the real document(s) to staff.

Seems if all is doable, as described by the OP, without an app and without a smart device ...

Princess needs to stop telling clients to have grandkids do all of this for them or use a friend's device ... 

Princess should make it known that help is available, just a phone call away ... 

Then they ought to hire and train non-rude people to help all those who phone for OM assistance ...

And, at the very least, put together an IT team capable of finally bringing the OM program to fruition ...

It is time to stop playing around with this OM program and to make it work ...

After all, it's been in the making, quite literally, FOR YEARS.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, pms4104 said:

And, at the very least, put together an IT team capable of finally bringing the OM program to fruition ...

Princess has contracted out their IT work.

In my real-world experience, contractors do not understand your business and its intricacies.

Also, as non-Princess employees, they have no emotional attachment to the work they are doing and have no idea how to test it in a real-world environment.

And if the contract is not fixed price, then the more programming errors they make, the more the contractor gets paid as they are paid to fix their own errors.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My experience as well.

Drive-By and Hit-and-Run contractors*.

*Not all of course. . . .
Regardless, whatever style Princess' contractors are -- as well as Princess personnel and management responsible for analysis and specifications through implementation -- they certainly appear not to be doing a good job!

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 6