The Daily for Wednesday Jul 14, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Not surprised to see her in Seattle but I thought Magnolia terminal was just Carnival subsidiaries and Silver Muse would have been down on Alaska Way.

Roy

Not sure.  I never see Silversea or even Crystal and Cunard for that matter down here, always Canada, maybe since Vancouver is closed?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL I’m sure they are not.  At least I hope not for the sake of those there.  Canada Geese can be pretty vicious & will attack.

The cafe sells bags of bird feed and the duck's are very tame and eat all the food that people put on the ground for them.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Not sure.  I never see Silversea or even Crystal and Cunard for that matter down here, always Canada, maybe since Vancouver is closed?

By "down here" do you mean where NA and Silver muse is or do you mean Alaska Way.  I know Crystal usually sails out of Vancouver but often stops in Seattle on the end of season repo and I'm quite sure when they do it's Alaskan Way.  That was the case when I did it on the Crystal Symphony in 2012.

Roy

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning dear friends. Thank you Rich for our Daily, Roy for the prayer and celebration lists and including Allen, and to all who contribute. 

Roy I would love to have your meal. I love duck.

Terry, sweet Camilla still in my Daily prayers. She's blessed to have such a loving caring family. 

Barb great news on your sister!

Carol I too struggled after Allen's first stroke. 6 weeks in hospital and acute rehab and not being home was terrifying. Followed by 18 months of 3 days a week in therapies, then 2 more years of physical therapy. I had many a heartache and tears but Allen's strength and faith kept me from falling apart. We are blessed with the gifts God offers.

Jacqui, I would like to share YOUR Cheerios please!

Does anyone else ever retrieve the box to reread instructions for stuff you've made 100 times?

image.png.0b05e543fbb4de929aa83523e97b5042.png

For Allen's birthday we are meeting friends at Ichiro Bistro and then a country band concert tonight. Happy 78th to my sweet husband!

Cheers, blessings and prayers. 

Happy birthday to Allen and hopefully many more for you both.

So sorry to hear of his health issues but pleased his strength and faith got you both through difficult times.

Our prayers for health and happiness to you both.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

By "down here" do you mean where NA and Silver muse is or do you mean Alaska Way.  I know Crystal usually sails out of Vancouver but often stops in Seattle on the end of season repo and I'm quite sure when they do it's Alaskan Way.  That was the case when I did it on the Crystal Symphony in 2012.

Roy

By down here, I mean Seattle in general, other than end/beginning of seasons as you pointed out.  

Silver Muse looks like a nice ship.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The cafe sells bags of bird feed and the duck's are very tame and eat all the food that people put on the ground for them.

The main thing I've been putting out is water, which we discovered they are desperate for since we saw them inside the pots of our plants after we watered for the day.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Silver Muse looks like a nice ship.  

It  is physically a nice ship but my cruise on one of their ships in 2007 was by my choice a one and done.

Roy

• Like 4

It  is physically a nice ship but my cruise on one of their ships in 2007 was by my choice a one and done.

Roy

Interesting.  Did you post a review on CC I can lookup?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I've been putting out an extra large saucer of water on the ground in a flower bed, too, and it is empty every morning.  I think I am watering the "wascally wabbits"!

LoL.  You might be!

• Like 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting Days, although I'll pass on Pandemonium. I like mac and cheese, but avoid due to the carbs.

Great quote.

I like the meal, drink and wine.

I haven't been to Polynesia. Thanks for all the pictures.

It's sunny today, although at times there were what looked like storm clouds. Rain predicted for the next several days. My tile installer got stuck in traffic behind an accident. Then it's street sweeping day, so we had to find a place for his truck with trailer. And the water company called saying they were doing work in the area and I might have low water pressure or no water or discolored water. He needs water for the tile saw, so I ran the hose into a 70qt horse bucket in case. So far no water issues. Tomorrow will be grouting; apparently I'm just scraping by on the amount of tile bought (he had given me amounts last year).

I had my pre-op visit with my PCP as well, late morning.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Miss Camilla to make continued progress.

@Seasick Sailor Happy Birthday to Allen.

@mamaofami It's good you were able to relieve some of the tension; take care of you!

@wandb Great news about your sister!

@rafinmd Glad to hear that James' surgery went well.

@grapau27 Lovely pictures at the lake.

@Cruising-along I'm sure your DGS is thrilled to have the cast off.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Interesting.  Did you post a review on CC I can lookup?

No, this was 2 years before I joined Cruise Critic and I never posted a real report.  Overall, I found them to be superb in the luxuries and mediocre or less in the basics:

1. They were very late getting documents to me.  We spent 2 days at Safaga port, pretty much a useless port except overnight tours to the Valley of the Kings.  By the time I got the docs, the window for signing up had closed and I had 2 very boring days.

2. Most luxury ships have free self service laundries.  We went sea for 4 days with a one-day supply of laundry soap.

3. I walk early in the morning and stop for coffee on the way back to my room.  I started to leave with a cup of coffee, a steward wanted to carry it to my table.  When I said I was headed back to my room, he said "If you want coffee in your room, go back there and call room service"  I did try that a few days later and the room service guy tried to pull the table up to dining height and pulled the top right out of the base.  I had no table for about 3 days.

Lots of little annoyances for a very substantial price.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

No, this was 2 years before I joined Cruise Critic and I never posted a real report.  Overall, I found them to be superb in the luxuries and mediocre or less in the basics:

1. They were very late getting documents to me.  We spent 2 days at Safaga port, pretty much a useless port except overnight tours to the Valley of the Kings.  By the time I got the docs, the window for signing up had closed and I had 2 very boring days.

2. Most luxury ships have free self service laundries.  We went sea for 4 days with a one-day supply of laundry soap.

3. I walk early in the morning and stop for coffee on the way back to my room.  I started to leave with a cup of coffee, a steward wanted to carry it to my table.  When I said I was headed back to my room, he said "If you want coffee in your room, go back there and call room service"  I did try that a few days later and the room service guy tried to pull the table up to dining height and pulled the top right out of the base.  I had no table for about 3 days.

Lots of little annoyances for a very substantial price.

Roy

Thanks for sharing Roy, all of which is justified.  I get coffee/drinks in the Lido and bring it back to my room all the time, not everybody wants to wait for room service, especially when Dear Dad is sleeping later than I am.  The attitude of that steward was uncalled for. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

Carol-I had a stroke going on 8 months ago. Recovery is veryyyy slow, but it has gotten better.  Every time I think I'm on top of it, something new to deal with presents itself.  Unfortunately there is no part of the body not affected by stroke in some way.  Remember to cry as often as you need to, come on here and talk to us, and always give yourself breaks when you need them, even if it's just ten minutes (I'm a caregiver on top of being a patient and understand both perspectives).   

Thank you for your perspective. I hope you are doing well. Its really been an overwhelming challenge for me to watch such an active man (85 years old) reduced to a wheel chair. But he is coming along every day, so that is encouraging. Ironically, he was taking care of me because I have chronic pain. I did all the financial stuff and taxes and he did the cooking, shopping, etc.  I finally got to visit my 19 year old grandson who lives 25 minutes away. I haven't seen him since he came home in May.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. I’ll celebrate Mac and Cheese Day!  I don’t make it from scratch often but do buy it at TJ’s. We like the green chili one, yum. And when DM and I go to lunch we always check out the Mac and cheese options, Red Lobster sometimes has a Lobster version. 

So exciting to see the NA in Seattle. Things are happening!  And Jacqui will be posting a Bon Voyage soon!  ⛴

Happy Birthday to Allen @Seasick Sailor!!  🎂🎈🍾🥂

Thank you for your lists Roy. Prayers to everyone on the Care list. 

@dfish The recipe today looks really nice. I love spinach in recipes and would never think to put them in enchiladas. However, I have a lot of leftover chicken enchiladas to finish first. 

Our monsoon is actually happening. Last year we had a non-soon but this year we’ve had some heavy storms. Saturday night was destructive, lots of damage, trees down and power outages (usually caused by micro bursts). We just had a mess in the yard. Craig worked most of Sunday cleaning up the pool and backyard while I was at the hospital with DM. Since then we’ve had more storms, just not as destructive.  We really need the rain. 

Have a great day everyone!

Glad you are getting the monsoons this year.  Hope Quartzsite is getting them too. The whole southwestern US needs the rain.  Just hope there are not too many micro bursts.

Lenda 

• Like 10

Good afternoon!

My closet doors are all scrubbed, painted and reinstalled with new hardware.  The painting part is the easiest part of the job.   Carrying them out and getting them back in place is a major pain.  What a job, but they look so much better without rust spots and paint drips all over them.   And, I do like the new pulls on them.  

@JazzyVWow!  It sounds like you have had more than a full day today.   I have time like that next week when Dan the Handyman comes back.  He has to fix the leak under the sink, which entails turning off water, removing the pipes and reinstalling them.  Then, he is going to replace the flooring of the lower kitchen cabinets as it is all warped and things all slide to the middle.  And, he's going to hook up the ice maker in the new fridge.  That will take some plumbing as he has to run a line.  And, last but not least, install a new sump pump.  Maybe I should just fix up the spare room for him.  

@mamaofamiI can totally understand how overwhelming Sam's condition must be.  And, you are right, the hardest part is seeing him go from a healthy, vibrant person to one in a wheelchair.  But, this need only be temporary.   It won't change overnight, but you will see him getting better.  In any case, always remember you have a "family" here that you can turn to for understanding and support.  We care about what is happening with  you and Sam.  

Ok, time to kick back and enjoy that nice cold glass of lemon water.

• Like 19

9 hours ago, wandb said:

Good morning all. Praying for those on the care list and celebrating with those on the celebration list. 

So happy that I can add my sister to that last list. After 6 and 1/2 hours of surgery yesterday, her Drs at M D Anderson are confident that all cancer has been removed. After one last chemo treatment down the road a few weeks (to catch any stray cell that may have “escaped”) she should be at the end of this battle. Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and kind wishes which have been a great encouragement to all of us. 😁😁😁

Barb

Wonderful news!  

• Like 10

Good afternoon -- home from my yearly diabetic eye exam, it went well and no sign of diabetic eye disease.  Cataracts were a little worse than last year but not bad enough for surgery -- yay!  Now I'm staying out of that bright sun outside (!) until my eyes undilate!

• Like 17

We enjoyed a wonderful long weekend with our DS and DGS.  They’re taking a slow scenic drive back to Seattle in our second car, we no longer need and now belongs to our DGS.  Next up is a short visit with family in VA and we’re flying, instead of driving, this time.

We’ve been to Nuku Hiva twice, on Ryndam in February, 2008 and Rotterdam VI in February, 2012.  Thanks to all for sharing your pictures that bring back nice memories.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Thank you for your perspective. I hope you are doing well. Its really been an overwhelming challenge for me to watch such an active man (85 years old) reduced to a wheel chair. But he is coming along every day, so that is encouraging. Ironically, he was taking care of me because I have chronic pain. I did all the financial stuff and taxes and he did the cooking, shopping, etc.  I finally got to visit my 19 year old grandson who lives 25 minutes away. I haven't seen him since he came home in May.

Your welcome.  Anytime you need to vent, we're all here for you.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon -- home from my yearly diabetic eye exam, it went well and no sign of diabetic eye disease.  Cataracts were a little worse than last year but not bad enough for surgery -- yay!  Now I'm staying out of that bright sun outside (!) until my eyes undilate!

Wonderful news!  They told me the same thing with my cataracts, even though I'd welcome the surgery.  Dad had it a couple years ago and has better night vision than I do.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just back from rehab.  Not sure why Silver Muse is next to Nieuw Amsterdam.

Roy

That must be the Silver Muse, next to the Nieuw Amsterdam, when she starts sailing she will be a pier 66 but I think Encore is still sitting at pier 66. So is Majestic Princess also in Seattle now?. I think they most of the big ships have all arrived to start the season. 😃 

Roy, this is from Lisa @LAFFNVEGAS posted in the roll calls, it answers our questions from earlier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1