Best Price Guarantee and TA Drop

Hi,

Does anyone think X will do another price match of a current TA price if they've already matched it during the booking process? The cost of our Apex 31/7 SV cabin has dropped and I was wondering what they might do, if anything?

Any advice

Thanks!

KW

I've always received multiple price reductions prior to final payments and a couple times after final payment.   Call your agent or Celebrity.      Make sure you don't loose perks or OBC's.    Some prices offered don't have the same perks.

Thanks everyone.  I typically book early and the prices always seem to be higher as we get closer to sailing so I never seem to be in this situation.  However based on the discussion on this thread I checked the fare for my August 15 sailing on the Equinox, I booked in June, and the prices was $280 lower.  A quick call from my TA to Celebrity got $280 OBC.  The only disclaimer is they say it may take up to 14 days to show up on my account and it's a one-time deal.  That is I'm not eligible for any additional OBC if the price drops further.  Thanks again everyone!

Is your TA rate lower than the price on the Celebrity site for the same category you are currently booked in.   If the rate on the Celebrity site is lower than what you are paying you are entitled to the drop if before final payment and OBC for the difference if after final payment date.  I've seen posting where several TAs in the UK were not aware of the Cruise with Confidence policy.

19 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

Hi,

Does anyone think X will do another price match of a current TA price if they've already matched it during the booking process? The cost of our Apex 31/7 SV cabin has dropped and I was wondering what they might do, if anything?

Any advice

Thanks!

KW

As long as your cabin category is on sail you can claim as many times as you like. Before final payment it is a cash refund after it's OBC. The cabin must be on general sale the day you claim. We claimed 3 times on our August round Britain sailing total nearly £900.

Just now, the penguins said:

As long as your cabin category is on sail you can claim as many times as you like. Before final payment it is a cash refund after it's OBC. The cabin must be on general sale the day you claim. We claimed 3 times on our August round Britain sailing total nearly £900.

They have said they'll only match a TA price once, the going direct rate is still slightly more than we paid.

2 minutes ago, kittywife77 said:

They have said they'll only match a TA price once, the going direct rate is still slightly more than we paid.

As the rate is higher clearly you don't have a claim yet.

If/when the price drops:

1) make a dummy booking and stay logged in.

2) phone Celebrity and ask for a  match under the Best Price Guarantee.

3 ) if they refuse ask them what would happen if you cancelled the booking under their Book with Confidence scheme and rebooked in the cabin you are holding in your dummy booking - at this point they will probably agree to the price reduction.

4) if they didn't agree to the price reduction and you are happy to change cabins go ahead and book the cabin you are  holding in your dummy.

5) once the "dummy" is confirmed cancel your original booking for a full refund under their Book with Confidence Guarantee. Geoff