Tell me about the Thermal spa pass

KKB

Stupidly didn't even try it when we had AQ a few years ago.

I've never been a fan of steam rooms; a dry sauna appeals to me slightly more but no big draw.

Tell me about the other rooms. 

Considering a day pass to experience.

I see your next cruise is on the E class? The spa passes on the E class are very expensive,  $69/1 day. There's no water feature/Hottub/whirlpool but the tile loungers are quite nice. There's a salt room. TBH not much else, there's several hanging basket chairs to relax in but no regular loungers to while away the day like the Thermal Suites on NCL ships. Based on your initial post I would say save your money and instead put it towards some type of treatment; Massage, facial.

Edit: Not much else besides steam and sauna room. There's an amazing forward looking outdoor balcony area but no furniture whatsoever is on it. So you can stand outside and enjoy the view but there's no chairs, loungers, nothing. Wasted space and opportunity. 

Edited by kwokpot

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I see your next cruise is on the E class? The spa passes on the E class are very expensive,  $69/1 day. There's no water feature/Hottub/whirlpool but the tile loungers are quite nice. There's a salt room. TBH not much else, there's several hanging basket chairs to relax in but no regular loungers to while away the day like the Thermal Suites on NCL ships. Based on your initial post I would say save your money and instead put it towards some type of treatment; Massage, facial.

Edit: Not much else besides steam and sauna room. There's an amazing forward looking outdoor balcony area but no furniture whatsoever is on it. So you can stand outside and enjoy the view but there's no chairs, loungers, nothing. Wasted space and opportunity. 

Thank you for this. I will hold for another class.

I have heard you can do sailaway on that front deck since the spa is open on embarkation day...

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Thank you for this. I will hold for another class.

I have heard you can do sailaway on that front deck since the spa is open on embarkation day...

I saw people out there on the first Edge sailing from the webcam. I plan on trying it out this Saturday!

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

When we went on E class they were crowded.  It could be difficult at times to get a thermal chair.  I am a fan of steam rooms.  They do have the dry heat room also.  

Same with us.  We did luck out one time and got one.  The problem was the direct sunlight on the loungers.  The windows slope above those and offers  no protection from the sun during the daytime.  A few may be In the shade depending on the location of the sun but those are taken by the chair hogs that never leave, they lay there reading.   The design is very poor like many things on the Edge class.    All those little rooms with the salt block, steam, dry heat and etc didn’t do much for us.  

We actually enjoyed hanging out in Eden or our IV  more than in the thermal spa. 

The ship is very nice and we enjoyed Blu though many don’t because there aren’t any real window tables.   For us that isn’t a factor as at night on other ships they will close the blinds because of the sun or it is too dark to see thru the windows.   When we want to look at the sea we will go to one of the bars with a sea view and hang out there or sit on our balcony.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I saw people out there on the first Edge sailing from the webcam. I plan on trying it out this Saturday!

It looks like the Apex also left this a totally barren space, and for the life of me I don't understand why. Wouldn't that be the perfect spot for a water feature, whether a small hottub or a larger Thalassotherapy Pool? This would solve the problem of the Thermal Suite not having a water feature. Add some loungers and you have additional places for people to relax in. 

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It looks like the Apex also left this a totally barren space, and for the life of me I don't understand why. Wouldn't that be the perfect spot for a water feature, whether a small hottub or a larger Thalassotherapy Pool? This would solve the problem of the Thermal Suite not having a water feature. Add some loungers and you have additional places for people to relax in. 

Strange to me too. My only guess is that they wanted the heated pingers to have an unobstructed view out of the windows. Still doesn’t seem worth it though. 

We bought weeklong passes for our upcoming B2B cruises on Apex in April.  Will be our first time on the E class ships and was so excited to see the description below in the cruise planner.   Having never been fans of Persian Gardens this seemed like a real improvement.

I started to doubt there was a T pool based on reviews of the Edge...so I made a few inquiries and sounds like there isn't a T pool on either Edge or Apex.

Sadly X is still advertising it in the cruise planner.

We are debating whether to cancel our passes and get refunded or wait and see for ourselves if we like it...but at that point may not be able to cancel.

Overview

Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Together enjoy a 7-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this couples pass.

59 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Having never been fans of Persian Gardens this seemed like a real improvement.

Visually the Thermal suite on the Edge and Apex are beautiful but functionally it's no different than the Persian Gardens on S class ships. The two important features that's missing is a water feature,be it a hot tub, whirlpool,or true thalaostherapy pool,and additional loungers in an expanded relaxation area. NCL knows how it do cruiseship thermal suites the correct way,with every feature included so one can truly spend an entire afternoon within it. 

Edited by kwokpot

If I'm lounging & reading I'd rather be getting a tan or relaxing in ocean breezes. 

If It is a beautiful day, I spend most of the day outside.

Thanks all for helping me!

1 hour ago, bebe08 said:

We bought weeklong passes for our upcoming B2B cruises on Apex in April.  Will be our first time on the E class ships and was so excited to see the description below in the cruise planner.   Having never been fans of Persian Gardens this seemed like a real improvement.

I started to doubt there was a T pool based on reviews of the Edge...so I made a few inquiries and sounds like there isn't a T pool on either Edge or Apex.

Sadly X is still advertising it in the cruise planner.

We are debating whether to cancel our passes and get refunded or wait and see for ourselves if we like it...but at that point may not be able to cancel.

Overview

Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Together enjoy a 7-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this couples pass.

Personally I'd cancel it now...perhaps spend some time in it on Day 1 (free), and decide at that point. 

I'm assuming you can still buy a multi-day pass onboard.

If you buy a 3 day pass can you use it ANY 3 days on board or do they have to be consecutive?

I figure port days u might not get much use out of it (unless it's a port you won't get off at)

You might consider a shorter pass to save some $ since you aren't sure.

Enjoyed it on EDGE,..was included in AQ fare.  Not crowded on our cruise.

Big miss is lack of a T pool..a must for any first class spa!

Better value would be to book a basic massage or facial..no upsells on my trip.