Royal Caribben's website

First, normally I am cruising with another cruise line, although I have done more than one cruise on RCCL.  I have gone to their website more than one time, and keep HITTING a BAD roadblock.  When I put in the name of the cruise I am wanting, for next year, the area I am wanting to cruise to, the "date/length", it keeps deleting/dropping some of the information I have put in. For example,  I put in how many "days/length" of the cruise/location, and it will keep bringing up ALL the smaller length cruises, and DROPS the location as well.  Any suggestions on how to get RCCL website to work for me???

I will say I had a PCP for our last cruise, which made it nice.  I understand RCCL does not have that, but "anyone" who answers their main number, can answer our questions, or so I am told.

I guess what I am trying to say or ask is, HOW do you go about booking a RCCL cruise without using an agent/agency to do it for you, and just using their website???

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Are you clicking on "apply" for the filters after you make your selections?

That is the biggest problem as sometimes APPY is hidden at the bottom of the box.

The web site is a pain tbh compaired to other companys. Use the drop down menus to select what you want. Be sure to look at each dropdown to remove ports you dont want to sale from. I have found i have to go into each part 

Search cruises 

Sailing from 

Leaving.

Often i find boxes have auto populated.

Once done you can ammend more filters to select ship and number of nights.

Each cruise will be there click into the cruise you want and will give you all the dates. Then select date and go from there

I think it's their website today, they constantly have issues. I went to try to rebook some of my cruises today to check pricings and it did the same, once I got to choose my room it took me back to their cruise offerings for short trips. So it's not you, it's their IT and website issues. Try again tomorrow...:-(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I just logged into my cruise planner and things seem messed up at the moment

I probably broke their system with all the cruises I've booked this week.  I think my TA is going to set up an intervention for me soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, beshears said:

I guess what I am trying to say or ask is, HOW do you go about booking a RCCL cruise without using an agent/agency to do it for you, and just using their website???

I use a 3rd party cruise site to select the cruise I want and then call or plug it into RCI's website to make the reservation. I've also booked with that 3rd party site on the rare occasion the price is lower than Royal's advertised price. Royal's website is too cumbersome for searching out the right cruise at the right price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beshears said:

First, normally I am cruising with another cruise line, although I have done more than one cruise on RCCL.  I have gone to their website more than one time, and keep HITTING a BAD roadblock.  When I put in the name of the cruise I am wanting, for next year, the area I am wanting to cruise to, the "date/length", it keeps deleting/dropping some of the information I have put in. For example,  I put in how many "days/length" of the cruise/location, and it will keep bringing up ALL the smaller length cruises, and DROPS the location as well.  Any suggestions on how to get RCCL website to work for me???

I will say I had a PCP for our last cruise, which made it nice.  I understand RCCL does not have that, but "anyone" who answers their main number, can answer our questions, or so I am told.

I just research all the info on RCI's website and know exactly what I want...even the cabin number. Then call RCI directly with the deck plan in front of me and book...have the cruise vacation receipt emailed to me usually before I hang up...easy peasy !!

My biggest problem with their system, it does not show all the cabins available on a specific deck  It seems to show only portion of  a deck and available cabins.

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My biggest problem with their system, it does not show all the cabins available on a specific deck  It seems to show only portion of  a deck and available cabins.

I use a TA site and it lists all available.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, I've tried, but many times I can't get the C&A balcony discount or senior/residency discounts.

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Exactly.

The RC site is set up for people who never cruised before can book very easy.

I cannot believe people that have been on more than 2 cruises actually use the site.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Yes, I've tried, but many times I can't get the C&A balcony discount or senior/residency discounts.

All that can be done however the TA group discount cannot be combined with the Balcony discount.

But that is ok because the group rate is always better..

58 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I start my research on other online sites, then when I decide on a specific date, I go to Royal's site, unless I want cash back for using other sites.

Royal's IT is a notorious disaster.  It's been that way for YEARS and it is getting kind of weird (and old) that they still don't get a grip on it.  Maybe the head of the IT Department is the neer-do-well relative of some head honcho?  It's a mystery.

9 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Stop using that stupid RC site.

Go to an online TA and search there, much easier..

They do not dumb it down like RC does..

Wow, I actually agree with you for once. This is what I do...I've found an online travel site that has lots of easy filters with multiple options, like region to cruise, date(s), length of cruise, cruise line, cruise ship, and embarkation port, etc., and showing available rooms in various categories.

I research my options, then email my TA with my choices. Often his company has a group rate available for that cruise, so I save even more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matj2000 said:

All that can be done however the TA group discount cannot be combined with the Balcony discount.

But that is ok because the group rate is always better..

And here I am back to disagreeing with you again.

The balcony discount can ABSOLUTELY be combined with a group rate through a travel agent.

And the bonus is that the group rate is fully refundable (as in cash returned, not just FCCs issued) until Final Payment Date.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Exactly.

The RC site is set up for people who never cruised before can book very easy.

I cannot believe people that have been on more than 2 cruises actually use the site.

Good grief, thx for your opinion.

Also, perhaps try adjusting your font, ginormous letters are so yesterday. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

Good grief, thx for your opinion.

Also, perhaps try adjusting your font, ginormous letters are so yesterday. 

Be sensitive, maybe  the individual has a vision problem.

• Like 1