Are you booking excursions for a cruise that may be cancelled?

norwega

We're booked on Crown Princess sailing 11/16.  As of this date, it will be the 2nd cruise for this ship.  I'm hoping it will happen, but not confident due to disagreements regarding asking for vaccine status.  I'd like to book excursions to get what we want before they fill up.  Am curious as to what others are thinking. 

Posting this on the Princess board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/)

will get you Princess-specific responses  This board is for information (transportation, dining, lodging, etc,) for Florida ports.

As a Princess cruiser I can tell you, from first hand knowledge when we had a two cruises canceled last summer, that if the cruise is canceled you will get a full refund for all booked excursions.  If an excursion is important to you, I would recommend booking it now and keeping your fingers crossed that the cruise sails.  We have already done so for some excursions on a March 2022 cruise but that is  a much longer way off.

We have a deposit on 1 specific in St Maarten because space is very limited. Other than that one, not until we are sure to board. I think there is only one other port stop that we would and that may be a book in port thing in St Kitts.

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

Posting this on the Princess board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/)

will get you Princess-specific responses  This board is for information (transportation, dining, lodging, etc,) for Florida ports.

As a Princess cruiser I can tell you, from first hand knowledge when we had a two cruises canceled last summer, that if the cruise is canceled you will get a full refund for all booked excursions.  If an excursion is important to you, I would recommend booking it now and keeping your fingers crossed that the cruise sails.  We have already done so for some excursions on a March 2022 cruise but that is  a much longer way off.

Thanks, I posted on this site because of the current issue of sailing out of Florida. We usually have booked our own excursions through groups found on CC, but realize we need to book ship tours at this time.  I'd be frustrated to go on a 10 day cruise and not be able to do any excursions!  

24 minutes ago, norwega said:

Thanks, I posted on this site because of the current issue of sailing out of Florida. We usually have booked our own excursions through groups found on CC, but realize we need to book ship tours at this time.  I'd be frustrated to go on a 10 day cruise and not be able to do any excursions!  

I agree 100%. 

We are sailing out of Florida in March on a 10 day cruise.  Our group (me, DH, my 2 brothers and spouses) includes a newbie so we really want her have an excellent time - especially since we've all booked a 28 day round Australia cruise in 2023!  I was able to book our favorite independent snorkel excursion of all time (with Woodwind in Bonaire) and I've booked Princess excursions in other ports with the proviso that I'll keep looking for independent ones in the meantime. 

If you haven't seen this recent thread on the Princess board, you might want to follow it:

I hope your cruise goes off without a hitch and you have a wonderful time!