MDR menus

dkksk

My DW and I have 11 Celebrity cruises under our belt. All in the Caribbean. The MDR menus have pretty much been the same . We're currently booked on a cruise 

from Venice in May 2022. Just wondering if the MDR menus on that cruise will be the same as the Caribbean cruises?

Our experience on 3 cruises - Pacific Coastal, ABC Islands, and Mediterranean...have all been the same menus.  This is speaking from 2017 through 2019, though.  However, it was all good.  We did not mind the repetition.

19 minutes ago, bonvoyaged said:

Anyone know if the post-COVID menus are the same as before? Thanks!

The menus on the app for our upcoming cruise look the same as from our Dec. 2018 cruise. A few minor changes but basically the same.

• Like 1

We are booked to cruise in September for the first time on X. I downloaded the app and see that there are menus posted for each day of our cruise. Does anyone know if the menus on the app are the actual menus for the week of travel?

Can someone please post the menu in the main dining room on night 1?  We are booked to go to the Tuscan Grille that night, and if the menu in the main dining room has anything I'd really love, we may cancel that reservation.

8 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Can someone please post the menu in the main dining room on night 1?  We are booked to go to the Tuscan Grille that night, and if the menu in the main dining room has anything I'd really love, we may cancel that reservation.

As I recall, they usually have prime rib on the first night.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Please see our comment and link at the bottom, "Lady Berard."

1 hour ago, BillfromWV said:

This is the first night menu for 8/8/21 Equinox cruise.

Screenshot_20210723-120220_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.9c319f1ee4feedebeb6e0ca5daa018aa.jpgScreenshot_20210723-120233_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.99579f8c18e61413b07aff7b4dff6c5f.jpgScreenshot_20210723-120301_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.d6377aac5dfb0f592dd32126d14b0215.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-120236_Celebrity.jpg

Hello, @BillfromWV.

It may not be true for everyone, but we are not able to see all the information.  It looks like the "pages" are truncated.  Here are photos (from 2020) of the same menu, showing all choices, including desserts:

MGiphone-2541.jpg

MGiphone-2560.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

Can anyone explain to me why they never (seems like) change their menus ?

They do.   Well they did about 5 years ago.   LOL.   

Seriously I agree with you and would love to see them updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 1:24 PM, jg51 said:

Please see our comment and link at the bottom, "Lady Berard."

Hello, @BillfromWV.

It may not be true for everyone, but we are not able to see all the information.  It looks like the "pages" are truncated.  Here are photos (from 2020) of the same menu, showing all choices, including desserts:

MGiphone-2541.jpg

MGiphone-2560.jpg

On 7/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, LadyBerard said:

There is no set menu for the first night. It can be different from ship to ship.

My recollection is that X ships MDR menus operated on a 14 day rotation.  For those ships that did regular weekly (7 night) cruises, that made the menu more predictable for '1st night' (it was going to be one of two options, depending upon the week), but not for any other itineraries that didn't keep landing on the 14 day boundaries.  You'd have to know exactly where they were in the rotation to be certain.

53 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

There is no set menu for the first night. It can be different from ship to ship.

The menus do change.  On our Equinox cruise, we had expected  aged prime rib or a filet the first night.  Was not the case which was surprising.  The prime rib was on the 2nd night.