This why cruise ships should not allow any unvaccinated adult onboard any ship.

terrydtx

I say take their money, test as RCCL did, kick them off at next port at their own expense.

The price of placing the whole ship and sailing in jeopardy, especially knowing that you are not vaccinated...

Contracting C-19 after vaccination is a different issue, IMO and calls for a different approach and treatment even if kicked off the ship.

She planned for the sailing for a year, plenty of time to be vaccinated even with a C-19 diagnosis AND Dr.'s note etc...

While I do not know (yet suspect it was not done) she could have self-tested before arrival to the ship to confirm if neg or pos for C-19.

$1 bet she did not have travel insurance!!!

In health and bon voyage

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I say take their money, test as RCCL did, kick them off at next port at their own expense.

The price of placing the whole ship and sailing in jeopardy, especially knowing that you are not vaccinated...

Just letting them board jeopardizes the whole cruise industry as they attempt to restart this year.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Karens gotta cruise!🥴🤦🤪

Says who?  I am not for forcing people to get vaccinated, but if you refuse to do so, you will have to live with the consequences and limitations of the unvaccinated.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, terrydtx said:

Just letting them board jeopardizes the whole cruise industry as they attempt to restart this year.

I concur, yet as per CDC requirements they can allow a certain number of passengers aboard who are not vaccinated. There are procedures in place i.e. regular testing and tracing in case of positive results.

Can anyone confirm if there is a second or follow-up testing to confirm no false-positive results?

All passengers do sign that they understand the policy and procedures if at any time during the sailing they are found to be positive or was in contact with same.

For one, I Am happy that the cruise lines are taking it seriously.

It was recently reported here on CC, that X had dis-embarked passengers on a sailing due to their flagrant dis-regard for the policies and rules related to C-19 and sailing.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Says who?  I am not for forcing people to get vaccinated, but if you refuse to do so, you will have to live with the consequences and limitations of the unvaccinated.

Neither am I.

Yet, I do support those who are unvaccinated to sail given the protocols in place, currently, most who are on-board that are vaccinated should be safe(r) if caught in time.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Can anyone confirm if there is a second or follow-up testing to confirm no false-positive results?

From some other articles on this, the cruise ship did a second test that came back positive before they gave her the boot. She is now claiming that when she got home she took 2 more tests that were negative. She knew the consequences of not being vaccinated on a cruise ship.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

From some other articles on this, the cruise ship did a second test that came back positive before they gave her the boot. She is now claiming that when she got home she took 2 more tests that were negative. She knew the consequences of not being vaccinated on a cruise ship.

She tested positive but is being interviewed without wearing a mask.  Not sure of the time line though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I concur, yet as per CDC requirements they can allow a certain number of passengers aboard who are not vaccinated. There are procedures in place i.e. regular testing and tracing in case of positive results.

All passengers do sign that they understand the policy and procedures if at any time during the sailing they are found to be positive or was in contact with same.

For one, I Am happy that the cruise lines are taking it seriously.

It was recently reported here on CC, that X had dis-embarked passengers on a sailing due to their flagrant dis-regard for the policies and rules related to C-19 and sailing.

In health and bon voyage

Curiosity got the best of me, and I saw her live-streamed (at the time) performance of being removed from the ship. She yelled something about not letting them give her another test, but the usual protocol includes the administration of a second more accurate RT-PCR test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

But she seems to think the rules do not apply to her.

We ride our bikes daily.  There is a road shut down for replacement.  There is a barricade that says local traffic only.  The road is about a 1/2 mile with some apartments about 1 block down that has the access tot he driveway into the complex.   The side walk is open and that is where we ride in that section. While riding there  we seen a driver that drive  past the barricade and apartments. Kept going until it reach the section where there wasn’t any road.   They had to back up the whole distance to get out. 

Apparently they didn’t think the sign didn’t apply to them.   They learned the hard way 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, seabeew said:

Curiosity got the best of me, and I saw her live-streamed (at the time) performance of being removed from the ship. She yelled something about not letting them give her another test, but the usual protocol includes the administration of a second more accurate RT-PCR test. 

Not that I would believe anything she had to say at that point, did she mean a third or fourth test etc.???

I did hear that as well, but discounted after the ranting started.. LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miched said:

We ride our bikes daily.  There is a road shut down for replacement.  There is a barricade that says local traffic only.  The road is about a 1/2 mile with some apartments about 1 block down that has the access tot he driveway into the complex.   The side walk is open and that is where we ride in that section. While riding there  we seen a driver that drive  past the barricade and apartments. Kept going until it reach the section where there wasn’t any road.   They had to back up the whole distance to get out. 

Apparently they didn’t think the sign didn’t apply to them.   They learned the hard way 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

LOL, I have done that before, too...

... and thought, 'don't they know who I Am and the reason I need to use this road, this day?'

Apparently they did and did not care either way... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, seabeew said:

She claimed in her comments that she took the second test, but wanted to be present while it was processed, which was not allowed. She is claiming that RCL just wanted her off the ship because she and her cabin mate were not vaccinated and falsified the tests on purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tough! Get a vaccine and we can all move on. All UK cruises have gone over to 100% adult vaccinated now. Royal Caribbean and MSC are now fully vaccinated now too. Save the hassle of kicking of the ignorant antivaxxers

In my experience in healthcare it is the uneducated and plain stupid who are not get vaccinated. Is this Darwinism at work? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

She tested positive but is being interviewed without wearing a mask.  Not sure of the time line though.

The popular belief is that she was on the second Freedom cruise, which was around June 22.

She doesn’t like masks though. In her onboard video, she says they made a mask. She screamed that she had been wearing the mask for five minutes and already couldn’t breathe because she had asthma. She was screaming on the video for at least ten minutes and never came up for air.

I can’t remember if it was on the original video or elsewhere, but she said she would never get vaccinated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1