Children's Menu

silverbird

One nice thing about Princess is that the children's menu is available for people of all ages, and so is the regular menu. Children of any age can try something from the regular menu if they want, and they can order something else if they don't like it. I have also ordered the Volcano several times - I think more adults than children order it. DW has ordered the chicken fingers when she wanted something simpler than on the normal menu.

19 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

One nice thing about Princess is that the children's menu is available for people of all ages, and so is the regular menu. Children of any age can try something from the regular menu if they want, and they can order something else if they don't like it. I have also ordered the Volcano several times - I think more adults than children order it. DW has ordered the chicken fingers when she wanted something simpler than on the normal menu.

Absolutely, as one of our waiters found out on one of our cruises. DH asked for spag & meatballs and the waiter refused..."you're not a kid". 

I complained to the maitre d' and the waiter was so suitably chastised that he would rush to us at dinner to help us to our table (and we weren't in his station).

Just now, voljeep said:

i musta missed the onion rings on the menu - never really looked for them before, but definitely will now

they are not on the kid's menu,....I just ask for them since one time they just brought out a plate full.

• Thanks 1

On one of our cruises we were at a large table and one person mentioned to the waiter that he missed the crispy onion rings he could sometimes get up on Lido deck but which were usually all gone when he went to get them. The next night the waiter brought a huge platter of onion rings to the table for all to share. It never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

The Alphabet Soup is a plain chicken noodle, very soothing.  The Garden Salad is basic, no exotic ingredients.  Both are good alternatives if the main menu is featuring appetizers or soups with mystery ingredients.  lol

A few cruises back our table mate and I ordered a number of dinner off the children's menu. When we asked for a couple of children's menus the waiter looked t us like we were aliens. I've found everything on the children's menu to be good. I'm going have to remember about the onion rings and order up some.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

The only thing I've ever ordered from the Children's Menu is the Volcano. I have seen numerous posts where folks say the Spaghetti and Meatballs is quite good.

image.thumb.png.5fcda61531ef115a055c2971d4bbf1e9.png

The Volcano is the best think on any menu 😋

Tony

78641723-2CF0-4E6C-8275-8D3C69667535.jpeg

0B90234A-3CAF-4EC8-8029-FA99DBF73FB7.jpeg

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

Here's a more recent children's menu (fall of 2019). The Love Boat Volcano has been renamed to vanilla-chocolate banana sundae. 

20190922_203956.jpg

Not the same as the previous volcano. "Hot fudge" with the volcano is now "chocolate syrup" with the sundae.

I suspect the sundae is smaller also.