Whale watching in Juneau

GrandmaOhio

I’m having a senior moment...again!  Fourteen years ago, we did a tour with a company that was located right off of the dock, next to a big souvenir shop.  You had to walk past it to go anywhere.  I cannot remember the name and was wondering if it is still there? Anyway, any recommendations for an excellent whale watching tour company?  Prefer to support local vendors rather than the cruise lines.  Thanks!

It was probably Orca Enterprises. They are no longer in business. I think their ships were sold to Dolphin Tours. 

There are plenty of local vendors. I haven't been with the others so I will let others recommend the ones they like.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Travel R said:

Q: How far in advance would you sign up for one of the whale watching tours? I have plenty of time, I think, cruise is not until next June.

Some people wait and some book in advance.  For us, we like a particular small independent vendor so we always book ASAP.  We currently have reservations for this August and June 2022. 

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Some people wait and some book in advance.  For us, we like a particular small independent vendor so we always book ASAP.  We currently have reservations for this August and June 2022. 

Thanks.

I agree (for many reasons) - for this type of excursion we are also going 3rd party/independent.

I was looking at Jayleens (which you mentioned above) as one of the the options for Juneau (we are definitely going to be whale watching at that port).

Thanks again,

Travel R

• Like 1