Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Locobill49

I have been on hold for 1 1/2 hours for customer service. I received an email today with our 8/20/2021 cruise invoice which has three issues.

The dining time is wrong and we have 6 couples with no linkage to anyone. The TA said we have early dining and booked together. 

They charged the port fees and taxes twice. We thought we were all paid off.

OBC is missing $300 for sky suite. 
Our TA is next to useless and will be the last cruise using him. 

I am so aggravated at this point……

You generally have to go through the TA for any financial issues.  Don't be surprised if they won't deal with you once you get through to Celebrity.  Can you escalate within the TA organization to get to a supervisor or owner?  They have been compensated by Celebrity to service your reservation

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Locobill49 said:

I have been on hold for 1 1/2 hours for customer service. I received an email today with our 8/20/2021 cruise invoice which has three issues.

The dining time is wrong and we have 6 couples with no linkage to anyone. The TA said we have early dining and booked together. 

Your TA is the one that should correct this.  Celebrity customer service will normally tell you to work through your TA.  Your other choice is to transfer the booking to another TA or to Celebrity.

• Like 4

Unfortunately Customer Service may not be able to help you with anything except possibly the dining time.  In my experience when booked with a TA the customer service reps at Celebrity are not able to see the financials of your reservation.

You need to get the TA to correct this and if he can't or won't get ahold of his supervisor or manager to get this corrected.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

I know many on here love using a TA. I never do and book directly with Celebrity so there is no “ middle man” to avoid any issues. 

On the other hand, I just call my TA and let him resolve any issues arising. And with Celebrity these days, there are issues arising no matter how you book.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We always book with Celerity and our CVP fixes any issues. If she is out of the office I leave a VM and she gets back to me when she is back or if I don't need a return call she fixes the problem and sends a revised booking confirmation. @Locobill49what number are you calling.  I've seen reports of other long hold times on one customer service number.  Try 1 888 307-8413. Can't promise it will be any faster.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dwight1 said:

I know many on here love using a TA. I never do and book directly with Celebrity so there is no “ middle man” to avoid any issues. 

I have a great TA. Send her an email and she takes care of any issues. 

Agree to the OP that Celebrity cannot help unless the booking is transferred  to X.  Also do note that invoices from X are almost universally with errors until a week out.

My best advise is get a good TA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dwight1 said:

Since 2003, I've always dealt directly with the company being the cruise line, the hotel, the airline and have found that it's always a bit easier to get an issue resolved.  True a TA may be able to get you a discount, but IMHO, it's not worth it.

• Like 3

Are all of the couples sailing in a suite? If so, it doesn't matter what's listed in the reservation about dining time. Luminae does not have set dining times like the MDR. So there's really no need to have the reservations linked.

If you all aren't sailing in a suite, it may not be possible anyway as your dining room would be Luminae and theirs would be the MDR. In that case, you'd need to chat with the maitre'd of the MDR (or Retreat Concierge) to arrange for you to eat with them in the MDR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

It is the TA’s job to sort this for you.

Yes, and there is a good chance that when you do finally contact Celebrity they will only refer you back to your TA.  That is the usual procedure to protect both the TA and Celebrity.

50 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I have a great TA. Send her an email and she takes care of any issues. 

Agree to the OP that Celebrity cannot help unless the booking is transferred  to X.  Also do note that invoices from X are almost universally with errors until a week out.

My best advise is get a good TA.

Same with me.     I have an excellent TA and even though I'm on the West Coast she normally responds quickly and sorts things out with no effort from me.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

Except being on the phone for 1.5+ hrs…..

den

• Like 4

The other posters are correct...Celebrity will not touch a travel agent reservation.  They can't.

After booking three cruises with Celebrity twenty years ago, we didn't see much of a reason to change to a travel agent...until we talked with a fellow cruiser who enlightened us about the perks you may receive plus the travel agent being responsible for resolving issues. We decided to make a change.  Tried one....that one was not good.  Then we found another agent who goes far beyond our expectations.  Not only has she saved us several thousands of dollars in many booking, she takes responsibility for what happens to us.  You need to find an excellent agent who WORKS for you.  As others have said, we can recommend the very best to you.  Most of them work on-line so you don't need to be close to their office.  I am retired from American Airlines and worked for Pan Am and always felt you needed to book with the source....not now.  Good luck getting this resolved but I have a feeling your travel agent has to be involved. 

Best wishes!

• Like 4

Are all of you in suites?  No need to worry about linking your dinner reservations. If you aren’t all in suites, it will cost quite a bit to have them dine with you in Luminae, but the Retreat Concierge can arrange that for you on board.

did you all use the same TA?  Do the other reservations also have errors?

19 hours ago, Locobill49 said:

On hold with Celebrity or on hold with your TA?  It is not clear from your post.  Most are assuming it was Celebrity customer service you are referring to here.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Locobill49 said:

I was on hold with Celebrity. I know that they will not handle TA reservations. But if I booked directly with Celebrity, would I want to sit on the phone for an hour and a half? Hell no!!

I'm curious, if you knew they wouldn't handle your TA reservation, why were you on hold with them?  

And the suite/dining question others have raised, it's legit...

Good luck working this out.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 7/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, gator489 said:

You need to find an excellent agent who WORKS for you.  As others have said, we can recommend the very best to you. 

I’d love to get a recommendation. Unfortunately CC won’t let you and I can’t find anyway to message another member. Got any suggestions?

• Like 1

If you are not all in suites Celebrity will NOT link your reservations anymore.  I know this because I just asked my CVP to do that for a cruise next year and he told me they can't do it.

If you are all in suites then you will dine in Luminae and show up when you want.  With a group of your size however you should let the Maitre'D know what time you plan to come so they can have a table set up for you. 

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

OP…so did you get your issues resolved?  If so, by whom?

Seems they may have just came here to rant about Celebrity, when their issue was/is with their TA.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Locobill49 said:

I was on hold with Celebrity. I know that they will not handle TA reservations. But if I booked directly with Celebrity, would I want to sit on the phone for an hour and a half? Hell no!!

If you booked directly with X then you would have your CVP’s direct contact information and there would be no need to wait on hold. Works great. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1